他如此慎重地检查枪♥支♥
He examined his gun with such rigor?
我看着他有条不紊地摆弄扳机
I watched as he methodically fiddled with the trigger
第七
Seven
该坦白了 我得说实话
Confession time. Here’s what I got
我的战友都知道我枪法差劲
My fellow soldiers’ll tell you I’m a terrible shot
此话不实
第八
Number eight
最后的协商机会
Your last chance to negotiate
派出副手
Send in your seconds
看是否能澄清误会
See if they can set the record straight
历史课上不会教这个
They won’t teach you this in your classes
你们去查查 汉密尔顿当时把眼镜戴起
But look it up, Hamilton was wearing his glasses
难道不是为了将我毙命于抢下
Why, if not to take deadly aim?
一山不容二虎 世界从此不同
It’s him or me. The world will never be the same
开枪之前我只有一个念头
I had only one thought before the slaughter
此人休想让我女儿沦为孤儿
This man will not make an orphan of my daughter
第九
Number nine
盯着对方的眼睛 别瞄高了
Look him in the eyes, aim no higher
鼓起全部勇气
Summon all the courage you require
然后数数
Then count
一 二 三 四 五 六 七 八 九
One, two, three, four Five, six, seven, eight, nine
-几步 -十步
– Number! – Ten paces!
开枪
Fire!
我时常想象死亡 熟悉得如同回忆
I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory
这就是我的死期吗
Is this where it gets me
站着等子弹袭来
On my feet, several feet ahead of me?
我看着它逼近
I see it coming
是该逃跑 反击 还是认命
Do I run or fire my gun or let it be?
没有鼓点 没有旋律
There is no beat, no melody
伯尔 我最初的朋友 我的宿敌
Burr, my first friend, my enemy
或许是我死前见到的最后一人
Maybe the last face I ever see
如果我放过良机射偏
If I throw away my shot
世人对我的看法是否将如此被定义
Is this how you remember me?
如果这颗子弹就是我留下的功绩
What if this bullet is my legacy?
功绩
Legacy
何为功绩
What is a legacy?
功绩是殷勤播种 却无缘见其绽放
It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see
我谱下乐曲的序章
I wrote some notes at the beginning of a song
将由后人来吟唱
someone will sing for me
美♥利♥坚♥ 你这曲未完成的宏伟交响
America, you great unfinished symphony
是你召唤我 是你让我有所作为
You sent for me. You let me make a difference
是你让我这个移♥民♥孤儿
A place where even orphan immigrants
挥墨史书 出人头地
Can leave their fingerprints and rise up
没时间了 没时间了 我的死期将至
I’m running out of time, I’m running and my time’s up
动脑筋 抬起头
Wise up, eyes up
我瞥见另一个世界
I catch a glimpse of the other side
劳伦斯在那边带领士兵们合唱
Laurens leads a soldiers’ chorus on the other side
我儿子也在那边
My son is on the other side
他和我母亲在一起
He’s with my mother on the other side
华盛顿在那边看着我
Washington is watching from the other side
教他们如何告别
Teach me how to say goodbye
崛起 崛起 崛起
Rise up. Rise up. Rise up.
伊莱莎
Eliza!
亲爱的 尽情享受人生
My love, take your time.
我们另一个世界再会
I’ll see you on the other side.
举杯敬自♥由♥
Raise a glass to freedom
他举枪瞄准天空
He aims his pistol at the sky.
等等
Wait!
我击中他的肋间
I strike him right between his ribs
我朝他走去 却被催促离开
I walk towards him, but I am ushered away
他们带他渡回哈德逊河对岸
They row him back across the Hudson
我喝了一杯
I get a drink
我听到街上传来哀号♥
I hear wailing in the streets
有人跟我说 “你最好躲起来”
Somebody tells me, “You’d better hide”
他们说安洁莉卡和伊莱莎
They say Angelica and Eliza
在他临终时都伴在身侧
Were both at his side when he died
死亡不分罪人圣徒
Death doesn’t discriminate between the sinners and the saints
它不断索取
It takes and it takes and it takes
历史冲刷掉一幕幕
History obliterates in every picture it paints
加深我的种种过错
It paints me in all my mistakes
亚历山大举枪瞄准天空
When Alexander aimed at the sky
他虽先一步撒手人寰
He may have been the first one to die
我却要苟活赎罪
But I’m the one who paid for it
捡回一命 却罪责难逃
I survived, but I paid for it
我成了你们史书中的罪人
Now I’m the villain in your history
我太年轻盲目 执迷不悟
I was too young and blind to see
我早该知道 我早该知道
I should’ve known, I should’ve known
世界之大
The world was wide enough
容得下汉密尔顿和我
For both Hamilton and me
世界之大
The world was wide enough
容得下汉密尔顿和我
For both Hamilton and me
年轻时的我梦想荣耀
Let me tell you what I wish I’d known
多希望那时我就懂得
When I was young and dreamed of glory
你无法左右
You have no control
谁生 谁死 谁讲述你的故事
Who lives? Who dies? Who tells your story?
杰斐逊总统
President Jefferson.
我得承认 他建立的金融系统无人能及
I’ll give him this, his financial system is a work of genius.
就算我想方设法也不可能颠覆
I couldn’t undo it if I tried.
我可没少尝试
And I tried.
谁生 谁死 谁讲述你的故事
Who lives? Who dies? Who tells your story?
麦迪逊总统
President Madison.
他带领我国从破产走向繁荣
He took our country from bankruptcy to prosperity.
虽然我不想承认 但我们给他的赞誉
I hate to admit it, but he doesn’t get enough credit
远不及他给我们的信贷
for all the credit that he gave us.
谁生 谁死 谁讲述你的故事
Who lives? Who dies? Who tells your story?
其他开国元勋的故事都广为传颂
Every other founding father’s story gets told
其他开国元勋都得以安然终老
Every other founding father gets to grow old
当你挥别人世 谁铭记你的名字
And when you’re gone who remembers your name?
谁继承你的薪火 谁讲述你的故事
Who keeps your flame? Who tells your story?
谁讲述你的故事
Who tells your story?
伊莱莎
Eliza
我重新把自己写进史书
I put myself back in the narrative
伊莱莎
Eliza
我不再浪费时间哭泣
I stop wasting time on tears
我又活了五十年
I live another 50 years
但还远远不够
It’s not enough
伊莱莎
Eliza
我采访每一个曾与你并肩作战的士兵
I interview every soldier who fought by your side
她讲述我们的故事
She tells our story
我尽力整理你留下的无数文稿
I try to make sense of your thousands of pages of writings
你确实笔耕不辍 仿佛时日无多
You really do write like you’re running out of time
安洁莉卡在世时
I rely on Angelica
是我最大的支柱
While she’s alive
我们共同讲述你的故事
We tell your story
她被安葬于三一教堂
She is buried in Trinity Church
在你身旁
Near you
我最需要她的时刻 她从不缺席
When I needed her most she was right on time
但还是不够
And I’m still not through
我自问 “倘若你仍有时间 会做什么”
I ask myself, “What would you do if you had more time?”
仁慈的主 祂把你最想要的赐予了我
The Lord, in his kindness, he gives me what you always wanted
祂赐予我时间
He gives me more time
我在华盛顿特区为华盛顿纪念碑基筹款
I raise funds in DC for the Washington Monument
她讲述我的故事
She tells my story
我公然反对奴隶制
I speak out against slavery
倘若你仍有时间 本可以成就更多
You could have done so much more if you only had time
当生命走到尽头 我是否了然无憾
And when my time is up, have I done enough?
他们会否讲述我们的故事
Will they tell our story?
我能给你看看我最引以为豪的成就吗
Can I show you what I’m proudest of?
孤儿院
The orphanage
我建立纽约第一所私立孤儿院
I establish the first private orphanage In New York City
孤儿院

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!