Oh, Stuart, I saw Roebling’s bridge today.I saw it complete
我看到大桥已经完工了
Yes, yes, but listen to me.
很好 听我说
You can’t go out again. You have to stay in the apartment.
你不能出门 乖乖待在家里
Stay in the apartment? For how long?
在公♥寓♥里? 我得待多久?
Leo, I’ll be back tonight.I promise,no more field trips.
我今晚就回家 别再出门了
Would you
拜托
Hel hello? Stuart?
喂? 史都?
Hello?
喂?
Blast!
可恶
Hello.
你好
Hello.
你好
Who are you?
你是谁?
Hector. My mom works late on Wednesdays
赫特 我妈礼拜三加班
so I watch TV with Stuart.
我都到史都家看电视
Want some Pirate’s Booty?
吃不吃零食?
Excuse me, J.J.
等一下
I wanted to thank you for the shirt. That was very nice.
谢谢你的衬衫 你真好心
Come in, come in.
进来吧
Yeah. Uh-huh.

Absolutely.
没问题 好啊
Oh, good, good. Yeah, she’s here right now. I’ll tell her.
她就在这儿 我会告诉她
Okay okay. Bye.
好 再见
Sit down.
坐吧
That was Barry. He was thrilled with your work at the screening last night.
巴瑞对你的表现很满意
Oh, good. Good.
太好了
You’re a rarity among women, Kate.
你是难得一见的女人
I’m sorry?
什么?
You don’t cling to illusion. You don’t get caught up in emotion.
你不爱慕虚容 不会闹情绪
You don’t do pretty.
也不会打扮得漂漂亮亮
I don’t?
我是不会
You skew male. You’re like a man.
你就像个男人一样
A man who understands women
你很了解女人
their desires, their needs.
女人的欲望和需求
You understand them but you’re not really one of them.
你了解女人却不像个女人
You don’t mind my being frank, do you?
你不介意我说实话吧?
No. I don’t. No.
不介意
Edamame?
要来点毛豆?
Kate?
凯特?
But one day, he lowered the Jolly Roger
有一天他把海盗旗降下来
Stu?
史都?
sail and search another kind of treasure
出海寻找另一种宝藏
Not money, not jewels,not gold
不是钱 珠宝或黄金
but a bride.
而是一位新娘
Despite his being a ruffian of the brine fearless in his plunder
虽然他烧杀掳掠样样都来
and merciless with the sword
杀人也不眨眼
the Pirate King was also lonely.
但是海盗王也很寂寞
You see, he had never met a lady.
他从来没见过一个淑女
He never met a girl?
他没见过女人?
No. Not a girl, not a lady, not even his own mother.
他连自己的母亲都没见过
So what happened?
然后呢?
As with all comedies the most ridiculous thing imaginable
每一出喜剧都是高♥潮♥迭起
the Pirate King fell in love with the major general’s daughter.
海盗王爱上千金大小姐
I had the good fortune to see the premiere last month
我上个月
at the Fifth Avenue Theatre.
在五街剧院看过首映
Since when is Penzance at the Fifth?
这出戏几时在那儿上演过?
Is it your habit, sir to simply enter a conversation without introduction?
你总爱随便 打断别人说话吗?
Whoa, you are deep in it.
你真的很入戏
It’s cool. I’m an actor, too.
这很棒 我也是演员
I’m Charlie. I live downstairs.
我是查理 我住楼下
Kate McKay, senior vice president.
麦凯特 资深副总裁
Darci, it hasn’t happened.All he did was dangle a carrot.
还没有啦 他只画了块大饼
Until he makes a decision,the pressure’s doubled.
在他决定前我的压力更大
When’s he going to make a decision?
他几时要决定?
We’re having dinner tomorrow to discuss it further at Commune.
我们明天要到康姆餐馆谈
Kate? Yeah.
凯特 什么事
I have Stuart on the line.
史都打电♥话♥来
No!
不接
He says he’s in the hospital.
他说他在医院
Leopold is sitting alone in my apartment God knows what could happen to him.
李奥一个人在我家会出事的
Do you know he got outside today?
他今天出过门
Of course he did, I made him walk your dog.
我知道 我叫他带狗散步
What?
什么?
No, Kate, you can’t do that! He can’t go outside!
他不能出门啦
Jesus Christ, Kate. He’s from 1876, Kate.
拜托 他来自1876年
He doesn’t know our customs.
什么都不懂
If something were to happen to him it could be catastrophic.
要是他出事 事情就大条了
If he doesn’t go back to April 28, 1876
如果他不回到1876年
he doesn’t get married he doesn’t have children, and you want to know what?
然后结婚生子
What happened with the elevators today, well that’s going to seem like a walk
可能整个世界都会出乱子
Stuart! This is embarrassing. It’s embarrassing now, all right?
这太扯了
Someone has to keep an eye on him.
他一定要被看好
Stuart, he’s a grown man. He’s a grown man.
他是个大人 不会有事的
He’s fine.He can take care of himself. I’m going.
他能照顾好自己 我要走了
Kate, please.
凯特 求求你
Just take this to Spectra, okay? Get it developed.
把这卷底片拿去冲洗
You’ll see I’m telling the truth. Tell Manny it’s important.
你就会知道我说的是实话
You want double prints?
你要洗双份吗?
That’s not funny, Kate. This is not a joke.
不好笑 这不是开玩笑的
You need help, Stuart. You need help.
你得看心理医生
Charlie?
查理?
Hey, Kate!
凯特
Can I see you downstairs for a minute?
请你下楼来一下
I invited someone to dinner. He’s up there all alone.
我请他来吃饭 他只有一个人
Stuart’s in the hospital. I didn’t think you’ll have such a problem
史都在医院里 我以为你不会反对
No, you didn’t think, Charlie. You didn’t think.
你都不替我着想
You came home early, one day early from actor camp.
你从演员训练班 提早一天回来
Okay, it’s not actor camp and yeah, I came home a day early, all right?
那不是训练班 我是提早一天
There was this tai chi broad who kept trying stick her fingers
有个打太极拳的女生 想钓我
No, this is the point. You immediately march upstairs
然后你马上就
to my ex-boyfriend’s apartment
跑到我前男友家
and you invite his freakish friend
请他的变♥态♥朋友来吃饭
See, that’s what it’s about. It’s not that I went up
看 这跟我做什么没关系
there.It’s that it was your ex-boyfriend.
你不爽的是你前男友.
No, it’s not about Stuart.
这跟史都无关
Greetings, Kate.
你好 凯特
Charles.
查理
Hey, Leo.
李奥
Be nice.
对他好一点
So, when’s Stuart getting back?
史都几时要回来?
Couple days, maybe a week.
过几天吧 一个礼拜后
He promised me that he would return late this evening.
他答应今晚就回来
Well, maybe he will, Leopold. He’s so big on keeping his promises
他从来都是说话不算话
May I have the next course?
请上下一道菜
There is no next course.
没有下一道了
Where I come from the meal is the result of reflection and study.
我来的地方每一餐都很慎重
Menus are prepared in advance timed to perfection.
每一道菜都经过精心烹调
It is said, without the culinary arts
如果无法享受美食
the crudeness of reality would be unbearable.
现实生活将乏善可陈
We had a saying in the McKay house
咱们麦家有一句话
You shake and shake the ketchup bottle. None will come, and then a lot’ll.
只要有蕃茄酱 餐餐皆佳肴
What is that?
你在干嘛?
I beg your pardon?
你说什么?
Why are you standing?
你为什么站着?
I’m accustomed to stand when a lady leaves the table.
女仕离席时我习惯站着
Tell me, Charles when Stuart and your sister were engaged
史都和你姐姐订婚时
did you happen to read his papers on the temporal universe?
你看过他的时空论文吗?
I spent the morning perusing them, and must confess
我拜读过他的大作 我必须承认
Stuart and I were never engaged. Not even close.
我跟史都从来就没有订婚
But I did read
但是我的确读过
Thank you.
谢谢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!