没什么大不了的
It’s fine,
我一直在等 我从不抱怨 因为我
and I waited, and I never complained because I…
我以为你会爱我的 乔
You know, I figured you’d love me, Jo.
我意识到我远远不够好
And I realize I’m not half good enough
-我根本就配不上你 -不 你很优秀
– and I’m not this great man… – No! Yes, you are.
你对我来说太优秀了
You’re a great deal too good for me.
我很感激你 我为你骄傲 我只是
I’m so grateful to you, and I’m so proud of you, and I just…
我不明白为什么我不能像你希望的那样爱你
I don’t see why I can’t love you as you want me to.
我也不知道为什么
I don’t know why.
你不能爱我吗
You can’t?
我不能
No. I can’t.
我无法改变我的感觉
I can’t change how I feel, and…
如果我说爱你 就等于对你说谎
it would be a lie to say I do when I don’t.
我很抱歉 泰迪
I’m so sorry, Teddy.
我很抱歉 但我就是没办法
I’m so sorry, but I just can’t help it.
我无法爱上别人了 乔 我只爱你
I can’t love anyone else, Jo. I only love you.
泰迪 如果我们结婚肯定会是灾难
Teddy, it would be a disaster if we married.
-不会那样的 -我们会很痛苦
– It wouldn’t be a disaster. – We’d be miserable.
-乔 我会做个完人 -我做不到
– Jo, I’d be a perfect saint. – I can’t! I can’t!
我试过但失败了
I’ve tried it and I failed.
-那为什么人人都期望我们在一起 -我做不到
– Why does everyone expect it then? – I can’t.
为什么你的家人和我爷爷都期望我们在一起
Why does your family and my grandpa expect it?
你为什么要说这些话 你答应我
Why are you saying this? Say yes.
我们就可以获得幸福了 乔
Let’s be happy together, Jo!
我不能真心地答应你
I can’t say yes truly,
所以我不会答应你的
so I’m not going to say it at all.
你迟早会明白我是对的
And you’ll see that I’m right eventually,
你会感谢我的
and you’ll thank me for it.
我宁愿上吊也不想明白 乔
I’d rather hang myself than realize this, Jo.
-泰迪 -我宁愿去死
– Teddy. – I would rather be dead.
泰迪 别这样说
Teddy, don’t say that.
泰迪
Teddy.
你会找到一个漂亮能干的女孩
Listen, you’ll find some lovely, accomplished girl
她会爱你 喜欢你
who will love you and adore you.
她会在你那华丽的大房♥子里
She’s gonna make a fine mistress
做一个优雅的女主人 但我不会
for your fine house, but I wouldn’t.
-不 乔 你会 -我…你看我
– Yes, you would, Jo. – All right. I’m… Look at me.
我相貌平平 我很笨拙 又很古怪
I’m homely, and I’m awkward, and I’m odd.
-我爱你 乔 -我会让你丢脸的
– I love you, Jo. – And you’d be ashamed of me.
-我爱你 乔 -我们会吵架
– I love you, Jo. – And we would quarrel
我们甚至现在就在吵
because we can’t help it even now.
我会讨厌上流社会 你会讨厌我胡乱写作
I’d hate elegant society, you’d hate my scribbling,
我们不会幸福的
and we would be unhappy.
我们会后悔当初结婚
And we’d wish we hadn’t done it,
一切都会变得很可怕
and everything will be horrid.
还有吗
Is there anything more?
-没有了 -好吧
– No, nothing more. – All right.
不过…
Except that…
泰迪 我觉得我根本不会结婚
Teddy, I don’t believe I will ever marry.
我一个人很开心
I’m happy as I am,
我太喜欢我的自♥由♥
and I love my liberty too well
不想急着放弃它
to be in any hurry to give it up.
-我觉得你错了 乔 -不
– I think you’re wrong about that, Jo. – No.
我觉得你会结婚
I think you will marry.
你会找到一个人 会爱上他
You’ll find someone and love them.
你会为了他赴汤蹈火
You will live and die for them.
这就是你的风格 你会的
That’s your way, and you will.
我只能旁观
And I’ll watch.
我不想打扰你写作
I don’t want to disturb your writing.
我再也不写作了
I don’t do that anymore.
写作救不了她
It didn’t save her.
你在这里太孤独了 乔
You’re much too lonely here, Jo.
你不想回纽约去吗
Wouldn’t you like to go back to New York?
你的朋友弗里德里克呢
What about your friend Friedrich?
-他是叫这个名字吗 -不
– Wasn’t that his name? – No.
我的脾气毁了我们的友谊
I ruined our friendship with my temper,
就像我毁掉了所有东西
just as I ruin everything.
我肯定再也不会和他见面了
I’m sure I’ll never see him again.
我不觉得一个真诚的朋友会被吓退
I doubt that a sincere friend would be deterred.
要是真的就好了
I wish that were true.
如果我是书里的女孩 这一切就都简单了
If I was a girl in a book, this would all be so easy.
只要快乐地放弃世界就行了
Just give up the world happily.
劳利要回来了
Laurie’s returning, you know.
是吗
He is?
艾米写了一封信 她要回家了
There was a letter from Amy. She’s coming home.
贝丝的去世让她伤心欲绝
She’s devastated about Beth.
马奇姑妈病得很重 所以劳利会陪同她们
Aunt March is very ill, so Laurie will accompany them.
他真善良
That’s good of him.
-怎么了 -我不知道
– What is it? – I don’t know.
我一直觉得和家人在一起就很满足了
I’ve always been quite content with my family.
我不明白
Don’t understand it.
也许…
Perhaps, um…
也许我…
Perhaps I…
拒绝他的时候太仓促了
was too quick in turning him down.
劳利
Laurie.
你爱他吗
Do you love him?
如果他再问我一次 我觉得我会答应
If he asked me again, I think I would say yes.
你觉得他会再问我一次吗
Do you think he’ll ask me again?
但你爱他吗
But do you love him?
我更在乎被爱
I care more to be loved.
我想要被爱
I want to be loved.
那跟爱是不一样的
That is not the same as loving.
我知道
I know.
我只是…我只是觉得
You know, I just… I just feel…
我只是觉得
I just feel like…
女性 她们…
women, they…
她们有思想 她们有灵魂
They have minds and they have souls,
不是仅仅只有感情
as well as just hearts.
她们有野心 她们有才华
And they’ve got ambition and they’ve got talent,
不是仅仅只有美貌
as well as just beauty.
我受够了人们说
And I’m so sick of people saying
女人只适合谈情说爱
that love is just all a woman is fit for.
我受够了
I’m so sick of it.
但我…我太孤独了
But I’m… I’m so lonely.
马奇姑妈病得那么重 就算你瞧不起我
Couldn’t let you travel alone with Aunt March being so sick.
我也不能让你一个人陪她奔波
Even if you despise me.
我没有瞧不起你 劳利
I don’t despise you, Laurie.
贝丝是我们当中最好的
Beth was the best of us.
我不跟弗莱德结婚了
I’m not marrying Fred.
我听说了
I heard about that.
你没有义务说什么
And you are under no obligation to say anything
或者做什么
or do anything.
我只是没法像我应该的那样去爱他
I just didn’t love him as I should.
所以我们不需要聊这个
So we don’t need to talk about it.
我们什么都不需要说
We don’t need to say anything.
亲爱的泰迪
My dear Teddy,
我对你的思念难以言表
I miss you more than I can express.
我曾经以为成为一个妻子是最糟糕的命运
I used to think that the worst fate was to be a wife.
我那时太年轻 太傻了
I was young and stupid.
但现在我改变了
But now I have changed.
人生中失去你的陪伴才是最糟糕的命运
The worst fate is to live my life without you in it.
劳利
我不该拒绝你并跑到纽约去 我错了
I was wrong to turn you down and to run away to New York.
牡蛎
Oysters!
龙虾
Lobsters!

Jo.
乔 乔
Jo. Jo.

Jo.
醒醒 醒醒
Wake up. Wake up.
泰迪 你回来了
Teddy! You’re back.
那你见到我开心吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!