欢迎 欢迎 这是凯蒂和米妮
Welcome! Welcome. This is Kitty and Minnie.
你已经见过我们的教授了
And I see that you have already met our professor.
他是个很有成就的人
And he’s a very accomplished man.
你妈妈说你是个作家
And your mother says that you are a writer.
我也写日记的
I keep a diary, you know.
我们这里有很多有趣的人
We have a lot of interesting people here,
学者 欧洲人
intellectuals and Europeans…
乔 希望你不介意
Jo, I hope it is all right.
我从科克女士那里要了你的地址
I got your address from Ms. Kirke.
-这是谁 你是谁 -很抱歉来打扰
– Who’s this? Who are you? – I’m sorry to intrude.
我恰好在附近 我想…
I was close by, and I thought I’d…
-不过我这就走了 -不 不
– But I’ll be going. – No, no.
请留下 我们地方宽敞
Please stay. We have more than enough room.
-能不能告诉我这是谁啊 -别出声
– Can someone tell me who this is? – Shh.
我不想给大家添麻烦
I don’t want to be a burden.
一点都不麻烦
You’re not a burden at all.
当然 请留下
Yes, of course. Please.
我是劳利 请问你是
I’m Laurie. Who are you?
我是弗里德里克·贝尔
I’m Friedrich Bhaer.
我们在纽约时住在同一栋公♥寓♥
We were at the same boarding house in New York.
乔 他真英俊
Jo, he’s very handsome.
你打算留在纽约吗
Do you intend to stay in New York?
不 加州那边请我去做教授
No. I’ve been offered a professorship in California.
我在这里也没什么可留恋的
And, as I have nothing keeping me here,
我想我可能会去西部
I thought I might go west.
那边刚刚开♥发♥
It is new there,
而且他们对移♥民♥的政策比较宽松
and they are less particular about immigrants.
也许我也应该去西部
Perhaps I should go west.
你又不是移♥民♥
You’re not an immigrant,
也许你应该留在家里
so perhaps you should stay home.
我要去西部
I’m going!
乔 是乔瑟夫 不是乔瑟芬
Jo! Joseph, not Josephine.
我认识乔瑟夫 实际上我和他很熟
I know Joseph. Pretty well, actually.
这钢琴真美
This is a beautiful instrument.
你们哪位会弹奏
Which one of you plays?
我妹妹贝丝
It was my sister Beth.
我们都会一点 不过…
We all play a little, but…
不过都没她弹得好
But none so well as her.
失去妹妹十分痛苦
It is very hard to lose a sister.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
-你会弹琴吗 -我会
– Do you play? – Yes. I do.
你现在弹一曲 会让我们很高兴的
It would make us so happy if you’d play now.
她也不想让钢琴孤零零的
She wouldn’t want the piano to sit silent.
希望我不会冒犯
I don’t wish to offend.
当然不会
Not in the least.
-见到你很高兴 -我也是 再见
– It was so lovely to meet you. – Lovely to meet you. Goodbye.
幸会 贝尔先生
It was a real pleasure, Mr. Bhaer.
-劳利 再见 -再见
– Bye, Laurie. – Goodbye.
-谢谢你做的一切 -欢迎来做客
– Thank you for everything. – Lovely to have you.
你要是有空来加州
If you ever come to California,
我很乐意见你
I would love to see you.
我一时也不知道 不过还是谢谢
I don’t know that I will, but thank you.
那再见了
Well, goodbye.
再见
Goodbye.
怎么了
What?
你们都这副眼神看我♥干♥嘛
Why are you all looking at me like that?
多好的男人啊 我希望他能回来
What a wonderful man. I hope he comes back.
我们肯定能成为挚友
He would make a terrific friend for me.
-爸爸 他可不是为你来的 -不是吗
– Father, he wasn’t here for you! – No?
-乔 你爱他 -什么 不 我才不爱他
– Jo, you love him. – What? No, no, I don’t.
你就是爱他 我虽然不及你一半聪明
Yes, you do! I am half as smart as you,
但我都一眼就能看出来 你爱他
but I can see it so plainly. You love him.
她不爱他吗
Doesn’t she love him?
直觉不错 你爱他
That’s a good instinct. You love him.
我从没见你这么开心过 这不是爱情是什么
I have never seen you so happy. What else is love?
你得去追他 劳利 准备马车
You need to go after him. Laurie, prepare the horses.
我们能在他上火车前留住他
We can catch before he gets on the train.
-我也去 -好
– I’m coming too. – Yes.
-我才不去呢 -你当然要去
– No, I’m not going. – Yes, you are.
-艾米说得对 -可不是嘛
– Amy is right. – Exactly!
我怎么也想象不到
Never thought I’d prepare a carriage
我会准备马车帮乔追男人 不过我喜欢
to help Jo March chase a man, but I like it.
-他要搬去加州 -那是瞎编的
– He’s moving to California. – That was fiction!
他就差求着要留下来了
He was practically begging for a reason to stay.
可外面下大雨呢
But it’s raining outside.
不要紧
That doesn’t matter.
-跟我来 我得打扮下你 -乔
– Can you come with me. I need to fix you. – Jo!
劳利 能别傻站着吗
Laurie, will you stop standing there
快去准备马车 谢谢了
and go get the horses ready? Thank you.
你从没问过我母亲好不好
You never ask about my mother,
你明明知道我去看望她了
even when you know I’ve seen her.
她活得好着呢吧
I assume she’s still alive.
但我会问候你母亲
But I ask after your mother.
这是何必呢
And I have no idea why.
你这是故意不接我的话
You’re willfully missing the point.
那倒是
That’s true.
吵什么呢 她们想干什么
What is that? What do they want?
不知道
I have no idea.
父亲 你会出版这本书吗
Father, are you publishing this?
《小妇人》后来发生了什么
What happens to the “Little Women”?
告诉我你手上有后文
Tell me you have the rest of this book.
什么
What?
第一章
朝圣
“没有礼物圣诞节怎么过” 乔躺在地毯上嘟囔
“贫穷真可怕” 梅格发出叹息 低头看身上的衣服
“这不公平 有些女孩拥有荣华富贵
有些却一无所有” 艾米委屈地轻哼
“至少我们有父母和彼此” 坐在角落的贝丝抗♥议♥道
这句令人愉快的话使炉火映照下的四张年轻脸庞明亮起来
“我们没有父亲 很长时间内都不会有” 乔伤心地说
听到这话 大家的脸又黯淡下去
她没有说”可能永远都没有了”
但每个人都在心中加上了这句 同时想起远在战场的父亲
大家一时无言 然后梅格换了个语调说
我在梳理她的头发
I’m just trying to fix this hair.
停 停 停 停车
Stop, stop, stop. Stop the carriage.
快停车
Stop! Stop the carriage!
-好了 赶紧下车 -停车 快去吧
– All right, Go. Out. Out. – Stop. Go, go, go, go.
-去吧 乔 -注意发型
– Go! Jo! – Your hair!
带着爱意吻他
Kiss him with love!
老实说 我不明白她为什么没嫁给那位邻居
Frankly, I don’t see why she didn’t marry the neighbor.
因为那位邻居娶了她妹妹
Well, because the neighbor marries her sister.
对对 说得也是
Right, right. Of course.
那她跟谁结婚了
So who does she marry?
没谁 她谁都不嫁
No one. She doesn’t marry either of them.
不对
No.
不不不 这绝对行不通
No! No, no, that won’t work at all.
她整本书都在表明不想结婚
She says the whole book she doesn’t want to marry.
谁在乎呢
Who cares?
女孩们都想看女人结婚成家 不管前后矛盾
Girls want to see women married, not consistent.
不 这样结尾不对
No, it isn’t the right ending.
有销路的结尾才是对的结尾
The right ending is the one that sells.
相信我
Trust me.
如果你决定让你这本好书的女主人公
If you decide to end your delightful book
以老处♥女♥收场
with your heroine a spinster,
没人会买♥♥账的
no one will buy it.
它就不值得印刷出版
It won’t be worth printing.
婚姻一直以来不就是个经济命题吗
I suppose marriage has always been an economic proposition,
即便在小说里
even in fiction.
这是浪漫爱情
It’s romance.
这是唯利是图
It’s mercenary.
把结局改动下 行吗
Just end it that way, will you?
行吧
Fine.
-快去 -乔 注意发型
– Go! Go! – Jo, your hair!
带着爱意吻他 去吧
Kiss him with love! Go!
快去 乔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!