我经历过不少困境 所以我常写令人愉悦的故事
路易莎·梅·奥尔科特
打扰了
Excuse me.
我在找《火山周刊》的办公室
I was looking for the Weekly Volcano office.
我想见达士伍德先生
I wish to see Mr. Dashwood.
我的一个朋友托我帮她投稿一篇故事
A friend of mine desired me to offer a story by her.
她…她写的
She… She wrote it.
如果合适的话 她很乐意继续供稿
She’d be glad to write more if this suits.
我猜不是第一次吧
Not a first attempt, I take it.
对 先生
No, sir.
她给《奥林匹克》和《丑闻》供过稿
She has sold to Olympic and Scandal,
写的故事还在”巧言石大赛”获过奖
and she got a prize for a tale at the Blarneystone Banner.
获奖
A prize?
是的
Yes.

Sit.
我们接受这篇稿子
We’ll take this.
真的吗
You will?
要修改 太长了
With alterations. It’s too long.
但你删掉了…
But you’ve cut…
我是想让一些罪人忏悔的
I took care to have a few of my sinners repent.
这个国家刚刚经历了一场战争
The country just went through a war.
读者想寻个开心 而不是被说教
People want to be amused, not preached at.
道德故事如今卖♥♥不出去了
Morals don’t sell nowadays.
你可以和你朋友提一下这点
Perhaps mention that to your friend.
报酬怎样…你们是怎么…
What compensation…? How do you…?
这种我们一般付25到30
We pay 25 to 30 for things of this sort.
这篇我们给20
We’ll pay 20 for that.
成交 拿去编辑吧
You can have it. Make the edits.
我要不要告诉…我朋友
Should I tell my… uh, my friend
如果她有更好的作品 你们也会接受
you’ll take another if she had one better than this?
到时再看 让她写得短小并刺♥激♥
We’ll look at it. Tell her to make it short and spicy.
如果主角是个姑娘
And if the main character’s a girl,
务必确保她最终结婚了
make sure she’s married by the end.
-或者死了 两者择一 -什么
– Or dead. Either way. – Excuse me?
她想署什么名
What name would she like put to the story?
对了 不署名 劳驾了
Yes. None at all, if you please.
悉听尊便
Just as she likes, of course.
早安 先生 再见
Good morning, sir. Good day.
太棒啦
Yes!
小妇人
我家贝丝会很喜欢你的
My Beth would like you very much.
我想要一间双人房♥
I’d like a room for two.
好的 4.5美元一周
Perfect. That’s 4.50 a week.
很划算了
And that’s a good price.
有点贵了吧
Isn’t that a little expensive?
这里是公♥寓♥ 不是做慈善的
This is a boardinghouse, not a charity.
记得准时交房♥租
I need the rent on time.
下午好 马奇小姐
Good afternoon, Miss March.
下午好
Good afternoon.
你火了
You’re on fire.
谢谢
Thank you.
你着火了
You’re on fire!
-谢谢 -我也有同样的毛病 你瞧
– Thank you. – I have the same habit. You see?
凯蒂和米妮在等你呢
Kitty and Minnie are waiting.
-我的学生在等我 -总是在工作
– My students need me. – Always working.
赚钱就是我唯利是图的人生目的
Money is the end and aim of my mercenary existence.
只为了赚钱的话
No one gets ink stains like yours
没人像你这样墨迹斑斑的
just out of a desire for money.
我妹妹艾米在巴黎
My sister Amy’s in Paris,
在她嫁给某个非常有钱的人之前
and until she marries someone obscenely wealthy,
就得靠我来养家了
it’s up to me to keep the family afloat.
再见
Goodbye.
要我说的话 颓废派毁了巴黎
The Decadents have ruined Paris, if you ask me.
这些法国女人连梳子都拿不起来
These French women couldn’t lift a hairbrush.
艾米
Amy!
我说 这些法国女人连梳子都拿不起来
I said, these French women couldn’t lift a hairbrush.
是的 太对了 马奇姑妈
Yes. Very true, Aunt March.
别敷衍我了 孩子
Don’t humor me, girl.
你那帮整天惹麻烦的家人写什么了
What do they write, your troublemaking family?
妈妈没提起贝丝
Mother doesn’t say anything about Beth.
我觉得我该回去 他们却都说”留下”
I feel I should go back. They all say, “Stay.”
你回去也无济于事
You can do nothing if you go back.
那姑娘是病了 不是孤单了
The girl is sick, not lonely.
在你和弗莱德·沃恩正式订婚前
And you shouldn’t go home until you and Fred Vaughn
你也不该回去
are properly engaged.
是的 还得等我完成所有的绘画课程
Yes, and until I’ve completed all of my painting lessons, of course.
是的 是的
Yes, yes.
当然了
Of course.
-停车 是劳利 -你要干什么
– Stop the carriage! Is Laurie! – What are you doing?
-劳利 劳利 劳利 -艾米
– Laurie, Laurie, Laurie! – Amy!
艾米
Amy!
你好吗
How are you?
天啊 你长大了好多
My, you’ve grown so much.
你信里说会在酒店和我见面
You wrote you’d meet me at the hotel.
我没找到你
I couldn’t find you.
你找得不够仔细
You didn’t look hard enough.
我没认出你来 你变得太漂亮了
I didn’t recognize you. You’re so beautiful now.
-得了吧 -我以为你喜欢听赞美
– Stop it. – I thought you liked that sort of thing!
-才没有 你爷爷呢 -他在德国
– No. Where’s your grandfather? – He’s in Germany.
他还在旅行中
He’s still traveling.
我现在自己旅行了 放松一下
I’m traveling on my own now, just relaxing.
-调调情 赌赌博 喝喝酒 -是的
– Flirting, gambling and drinking. – Yes. Well…
别告诉你妈妈
don’t tell your mother.
你是追随着哪个姑娘跨越欧洲吗
Are you chasing some young girl across Europe?
不是
No.
我简直不敢相信乔拒绝了你 很遗憾
I couldn’t believe Jo turned you down. I’m so sorry.
别这样 艾米 我…我不遗憾
Don’t be, Amy. I… I’m not.
艾米
Amy!
艾米·马奇
Amy March!
-你给我立马回来 -马奇姑妈
– You come back here right this instant! – Oh, Aunt March.
来 快上来
Come. Come on.
-您真精神 -快把他弄下去
– Aren’t you looking grand? – Get him off me!
我们还有事 可以走了
We need to be somewhere. Off you go!
劳利 来参加新年派对吧
Laurie! Come to the New Year’s Eve party.
是个舞会 大家都会来 包括弗莱德
It’s a ball, and everyone will be there, including Fred.
八点到酒店接我 沙万酒店
Pick me up at the hotel at 8, The Chavain.
还有 劳利 穿得喜庆点
And, Laurie, dress for festivities!
高帽和绸衣
Top hats and silks!
好的 我会穿上我最好的绸衣
I will. I’ll wear my best silk.
是劳利呀
It’s Laurie.
我知道
I know.
十八米蓝色丝绸 粉色的也要
Twenty yards of the blue silk, as well as pink.
晚点会有人来取
Someone will be by for it later.
梅格 你穿这个一定很好看
Meg, that would look so lovely on you.
我正好有个裁缝推荐给你
I know just the dressmaker to send you to.
你会是康科德最美的主妇
You’ll be the prettiest wife in Concord.
我…约翰需要一件新冬衣
I… John needs a new coat for winter,
黛西和德米也需要新衣服
and Daisy and Demi need new clothes.
女主人也需要一条新裙子
And his wife needs a new dress.
不行 太…真的不行
I can’t. It’s… I just can’t.
他看到你打扮得漂漂亮亮会很开心的
He’ll be so pleased with how you look,
他会忘记这笔开销的
he’ll forget all about the expense.
我想这也不算太奢侈吧
I don’t suppose it’s too much of an extravagance.
十八米够吗
Will 20 yards do?
-够 -好的
– Yes. – Very good.
五十美元 我怎么想的啊
Fifty dollars? What was I thinking?
-妈妈 -妈妈
– Mommy! – Mommy!
我的宝贝
My loves.
去玩吧
Go play.
贝丝
Beth!
贝丝
Beth?
这就是你的路 正西方向

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!