Amy.
我等了你一小时
I waited an hour for you.
被你发现了
I feel caught.
艾米 别这样 艾米
Amy, please. Amy.
你想知道我对你的真实想法吗
Do you want to know what I honestly think of you?
-你的真实想法是什么 -我瞧不起你
– What do you honestly thinkof me? – I despise you.
-为什么瞧不起我 -因为每当你可以
– Why do you despise me? – Because with every chance
做个善良 快乐和有用的人时
of being good, happy and useful,
你总是懒散 失败和悲惨
you are lazy, faulty and miserable.
-真有意思 -是的 自私的人
– This is interesting. – Yes, well selfish people
-确实喜欢谈论自己 -我自私吗
– do like to talk about themselves. – Am I selfish?
是的 非常自私
Yes, very selfish.
你有金钱 才华 美貌和健康
With your money, talent, beauty, and health…
你觉得我貌美
You think I’m beautiful.
没错 正合你意 你这陈腐的虚荣心
Yes, you like that, you old vanity.
有那么多美好事物可以享受
With good things to enjoy,
你却游手好闲 无所事事
you can find nothing to do but dawdle.
我会为你变好的 圣人艾米 我会变好
I’ll be good for you, Saint Amy. I’ll be good.
你不为这样一只手感到羞愧吗
Aren’t you ashamed of a hand like that?
-不啊 -它一生中似乎
– I’m not. – Looks like it’s never done
从未做过一天工作 戒指也很搞笑
a day of work in its life, and that ring is ridiculous.
这戒指是乔给我的
Jo gave me this ring.
我为你感到难过 真的
I feel sorry for you. I really do.
我只希望你能抗住打击
I just wish you’d bear it better.
你不必难过 艾米
You don’t have to feel sorry, Amy.
总有一天你会亲身体会
You’ll feel the same one day.
不 就算不能被爱 我也要被尊重
No, I’d be respected if I couldn’t be loved.
你最近做了什么 伟大的艺术家
What have you done lately, oh, great artiste?
也许你正幻想花弗莱德·沃恩的钱
Perhaps you’re fantasizing about spending Fred Vaughn’s fortune.
弗莱德·沃恩 女士们先生们
Fred Vaughn, ladies and gentlemen!
弗莱德 我…
Fred, I…
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
弗兰克·莱斯利的插图报纸
当然 这些只是故事
Those are just stories, of course.
但我在写一部小说
But I’m working on a novel.
你的小说
And your novel…
也是这样的
it will be like this?
是的 至少目前是
Yes. So far, anyway.
有这样的情节
With plots like this?
决斗 杀戮 还有…
Duels and killing and…
这种卖♥♥得好
It sells, so…
你为什么不署真名
Why don’t you sign your real name?
我妈妈不会喜欢的
My mother wouldn’t like it.
对她来说太血腥了
It’s too gory for her.
我想用我挣的钱来帮她 不是让她操心
And I wanna help with the money I make and not worry her.
我…我不喜欢这些
You know, I… I don’t like them.
坦白说
Honestly, uh…
我觉得这些写得不好
I mean, I… I think that they’re not good.
但是
But…
这些
They’re…
这些故事登上报纸了
They’re published in the papers,
人们总说我有才华
and people have always said that I’m talented.
我觉得你很有才华
I think you’re talented.
所以我才如此…如此直白
Which is why I’m being so… so blunt.
以赞美充饥对我来说太奢侈了
Well, I can’t afford to starve on praise.
你生气了
Are you upset?
我当然生气 你…
Of course I’m upset. You just…
你说你不喜欢我的作品
You just told me you didn’t like my work.
乔 我以为你想听真话
Jo, I thought you wanted honesty.
我…对 我想听
I… Yes, I do.
以前没人这样跟你说过吗
Has no one ever talked to you like this before?
有 我被拒绝了很多次
Yes, I’ve been rejected plenty of times.
有人认真对待过你吗 乔
Do you have anyone to take you seriously, Jo,
-认真探讨你的作品 -谁把你封为
– to talk about your work? – And who made you high priest
分辨作品好坏的大♥师♥了
of what’s good and what’s bad?
-没人 我也不是 -那你为什么装成是
– No one, and I’m not… – Then why are you acting like it?
乔 你的反应说明
Jo, your reaction indicates that
-你一定认为我说得有道理 -我的反应
– you must think there is some truth in… – My reaction
说明你是个浮夸的自大狂
indicates that you are a pompous blowhard.
莎士比亚为大众写作
Shakespeare wrote for the masses.
莎士比亚是有史以来最伟大的诗人
Shakespeare was the greatest poet who ever lived
因为他把他的诗偷偷写在通俗作品中
because he smuggled his poetry in popular works.
-但我不是莎士比亚 -谢天谢地
– But I’m no Shakespeare. – Thank goodness.
我们已经有一位莎士比亚了
We already have him.
如果你懂这么多
If you know so much about it,
为什么你不自己写
why don’t you just do it yourself?
因为我不是个作家
Because I’m not a writer.
-我没有你的天赋 -对 你没有
– I don’t have the gifts you have. – No, you don’t.
你只能当一辈子评论家 永远当不了作家
You will always be a critic and never an author.
世人甚至会忘记你曾来过这世上
And the world will forget that you ever even lived.
-他们一定会的 -但是
– I’m sure they will. – But…
但是我
I… but I…
没人会忘记乔·马奇
No one will forget Jo March.
我相信
I can believe it.
听着
Listen.
我们不是朋友
We are not friends.
你不是我的朋友
You are not my friend.
我也不想听你的意见
And I don’t want your opinion
因为我不怎么喜欢你
because I don’t like you very much.
所以别再跟我说话了 谢谢
So just don’t talk to me anymore. Thank you.
乔瑟芬 这是寄给你的
Josephine, this came for you.
谢谢
Thank you.

立即回家 贝丝病情恶化了
妈妈
贝丝
Beth.
圣诞快乐 世界
Merry Christmas, world.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
-圣诞快乐 -再给我个橙子
– Merry Christmas. – Give me another orange.
乔 我们都起来几小时了
Jo, we’ve been up for hours.
你写什么了
What have you been writing?
我昨晚沉迷于我们美妙的复仇剧
I got carried away with our delicious revenge play last night,
《毒药》
Poison.
不 不要毒药 今天是圣诞节
No, no poison. It’s Christmas.
没有礼物圣诞节怎么过
Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents.
-贫穷真可怕 -这不公平
– It’s dreadful being poor. – It’s not fair.
有些女孩拥有荣华富贵
How come some girls could have lots of pretty things
有些却一无所有
and others have nothing at all?
至少我们有父母和彼此
At least we have father, mother and each other.
只要这场战争持续下去 我们就没有父亲
We haven’t got father as long as this war drags on.
我真想要一大堆钱和许多佣人
I wish I had heaps of money and plenty of servants,
这样我就再也不用干活了
so I never had to work again.
你可以当个舞台上真正的演员
You could be a proper actress on the boards.
她们并不都是堕落的女人
They aren’t all fallen women.
-我当不了演员 -我有很多心愿
– I can’t be an actress. – I have lots of wishes,
但我最想实现的是在巴黎当个艺术家
but my favorite one is to be an artist in Paris
画精美的画 成为全世界最好的画家
and do fine pictures and be the best painter in the world.
你的心愿也是这个吧 乔
That’s what you want too, isn’t it, Jo?
当个有名的作家
To be a famous writer?
是的 但她说的听上去很蠢
Yes, but it sounds so crass when she says it.
-何必为你的心愿感到羞耻 -我没有
– Why be ashamed of what you want? – I’m not.
我的心愿是我们都能
My wish is to have us
和爸爸妈妈在家里团聚
all be together with Father and Mother in this house.
-这才是我的心愿 -贝丝真完美
– That’s what I want. – Beth is perfect.
-艾米 -你的音乐呢 贝丝女王
– Amy. – What about your music, Queen Beth, huh?
只弹给我们听 我不需要其他人听到
I only do that for us. I don’t need anyone else to hear it.
你绝不能限制自己
You must not limit yourself.
妈妈提议今年不要圣诞礼物
Mother proposed not having any Christmas presents this year
因为男人们都在军队里受苦
because men are suffering in the Army.
我们能做的不多 但我们能
We can’t do much, but we can make
心甘情愿地做一点小小的牺牲
our little sacrifices and do it gladly.
别因为妈妈不在家就假扮成她
Don’t play mother just because she’s not home.
乔 你这样太男孩子气了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!