Are you glad to see me, then?
开心
Yes.
我还担心来着
I was worried.
来 坐这儿
Here, come sit.
艾米怎么样 从欧洲回来的一路上
How’s Amy? Did she bother you
她有没有自鸣得意地烦你
all the way from Europe with her preening?
有 但我喜欢
Yes, but I like that.
她现在在哪 怎么没有直接回家
Where is she now? Did she not come straight home?
你妈妈让她去梅格家了
Your mother has her at Meg’s.
我们顺路去的
We stopped on the way.
没法把我的妻子从她们的魔爪中抢回来
There was no getting my wife out of their clutches.
你的什么
Your what?
我说出来了
I’ve done it now.
这本该是个惊喜的
It was meant to be a surprise.
我们订婚了 本来希望再等等的
We were engaged and were hoping to wait,
但总之 我们现在是夫妻了
but that is to say that now we are man and wife.
你和艾米
You and Amy?
是的
Yes.
你们相爱了
Are you in love?
是的
Yes.
乔 我想说几句话 以后就再也不提了
Jo, I want to say one thing and then I’ll put it away forever.
我一直爱着你
I’ve always loved you.
但我对艾米的爱是不一样的
But the love I feel for Amy, it’s different.
我觉得
And I think…
你说得对
you were right about this.
如果结婚 我们会掐死对方的
I think we would’ve killed each other.
没错
Yes.
我想这是注定的
I think it was meant this way.
泰迪
Teddy.
乔 一直以来只有你这么叫我
You’re the only one that ever calls me that, Jo.
“泰迪”
“Teddy.”
艾米怎么叫你
What does Amy call you?
“阁下”
“My lord.”
确实像她的风格
That sounds like her.
你配得上这个称呼
Well, you look deserving of it.
我们还能做朋友吗 乔 求你了
Could we still be friends, Jo, please?
当然可以 伙计 我们永远是朋友
Of course, my boy. Always.
她是个画家
She’s a painter.
你很兴奋吧
Are you excited?
-劳利告诉你了 -是的
– Laurie told you? – Yes, yes.
艾米 我真为你高兴
Amy, I’m so happy for you.
你们俩注定应该在一起的
This… This was meant to be.
我真松了一口气 谢谢你
I’m so relieved. Thank you.
我本想写信给你的 乔 我想写的
I wanted to write, Jo. I wanted to write.
我想跟你解释
And I wanted to explain everything,
但是一切发生的太快了
but everything was happening so fast
说真的 我担心你会生我的气
and really, I was worried you’d be angry at me.
-不 我没有 -你没有生我的气吗
– No. No. – No, you’re not angry at me?
生命短暂 没时间对自己的姐妹生气
Life is too short to be angry at one’s sisters.
我真的很想念她
I really miss her.
我知道
I know.
谢谢你
Thank you.
劳利
劳伦斯先生
Mr. Laurence.

Jo.

Jo.
我实在不忍♥心…
I couldn’t bring myself to…
没了她 这房♥子总觉得少了点什么
The house doesn’t seem right without her, and…
知道她不在了 我不忍♥心走进去
Couldn’t go in, knowing she wouldn’t be there.
我知道我连我妹妹的一半都不如
I know I’m not half so good as my sister,
但若你允许 我会做一个可依靠的朋友
but you know I’ll be a friend to lean on, if you’ll let me.
好的
All right.
致贝丝
致贝丝
亲爱的达士
亲爱的达士伍德先生
Dear Mr. Dashwood,
随信寄去的是一篇
enclosed are the first few chapters
我刚开始写的作品的开头几章
of a piece I’ve only begun working on.
它可以作为一篇供年轻人阅读的故事
It could suit as a story for young people,
但我想它可能会太过无聊
but I think it is probably quite boring.
不过 我还是把这篇作品寄给你
However, I’m sending it to you
也许它有些价值
just in case it has something of value,
不过我并不抱希望
though I doubt it.
乔·马奇
乔·马奇
Jo March.
我还以为她恨我
I thought she hated me.
恨你也可以把房♥子留给你
She could still hate you and leave you the house.
那你和约翰怎么办
What about you and John?
我们无法管理好这样一幢豪♥宅♥ 太大了
We can’t manage a grand house like this. It’s too big.
我应该把它卖♥♥掉
I should sell it,
但我还是想做一件
but I’d love to do something
会让马奇姑妈在坟墓中不得安宁的事
that would really make Aunt March turn in her grave.
-我觉得那样挺好 -是好的不得安宁
– I wouldn’t mind that. – A nice turning.
让她小小辗转一下 而不是把她气得活过来
Just a rotation, nothing terrible.
你要做什么
What will you do?
我要开一间学校
I’d like to open a school.
我们从没上过正统的学校
We never had a proper school.
现在已有女子大学开设了
Now there are women’s colleges opening.
这里应该成为一所学校 为了黛西
There should be a school. For Daisy.
那德米呢
And what will Demi do?
那就开一间男孩女孩都收的学校
I’ll open a school for boys and girls both.
那写作呢
What about writing?
-写作怎么了 -你在写什么
– What about it? – What are you working on?
我写了个开头 但我觉得不是很好
I started something, but I don’t think it’s very good.
-大家都喜欢你的作品 -不 他们并不喜欢
– Everyone likes what you write. – No, they don’t.
我喜欢
I do.
只不过是关于我们的小日子的作品
Well, it’s just about our little life.
然后呢
So?
有谁会对家庭内的喜怒哀乐
Well, who will be interested in a story
这种故事感兴趣呢
of domestic struggles and joys?
这种事情并不怎么重要
It doesn’t have any real importance.
也许因为没人写这些故事
Maybe it doesn’t seem important
所以才看起来不那么重要
because people don’t write about them.
不 写作并不能让一件事情变得重要
No, writing doesn’t confer importance.
只能反映其重要性
It reflects it.
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
把事情写出来会让它们变得更加重要
Writing them will make them more important.
你什么时候变得这么睿智了
When did you become so wise?
我一向如此
I always have been.
但你只注意到我的缺点
You were just too busy noticing my faults.
你哪有什么缺点
Which were never there, of course.
亲爱的马奇小姐
Dear Miss March,
火山出版社
纽约
我读了你寄来的章节
I read the chapters you sent
我同意你的观点 作品并不是很有潜力
and I have to agree, they aren’t very promising.
不过 如果你有不雅的丑闻故事
But, please, send more stories of the scandalous variety,
请寄给我
if you have any.
或者我应该说
Or, shall I say,
如果你朋友有的话
your friend can.
请原谅我的玩笑
My apologies for the joke.
我情不自禁
I couldn’t help it.
乔 快下来
Jo, come down!
来了
Coming!
我饿坏了
I’m starving.
乔 稍等一下 因为…
Jo, you might wanna wait because…
饿死我了
I’m famished.
乔 亲爱的 你有位客人
But, Jo, dear, you have a guest.
我没有任何熟人
I don’t know anyone.
抱歉打扰了
I’m sorry to intrude, but…
是你
It’s you.
你好
Hello.
你好 我是乔瑟芬·马奇
Hello. I’m Josephine March.
-我是乔 -乔瑟芬 是你吗
– I’m Jo. – Josephine, is that you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!