I can’t imagine nobody paying no 25 cents for a goddamn bath though.
2角不算太贵 比尔波最便宜的澡是35分
Two bits ain’t too bad. Cheapest bath in Bearpaw is 35 cents.
就算是免费我也不洗
I wouldn’t take one if they was free.
我不懂为什么你们这么反对洗澡
BERG: Why you guys so against taking a bath?
我不反对,只是不想别人规定我什么时候该洗
MAN #3: I ain’t. I don’t like being told when, that’s all.
是那个叫米勒的女人,是她规定这个的
MAN: It’s that Miller woman. She’s the one behind this.
麦凯比先生,她长得怎么样?
BERG: Well, Mr. McCabe, how does she look?
非常棒!
Goddamn good.
麦凯比,你怎么不问米勒太太新妓♥女♥什么时候到?
McCabe, go ask Mrs. Miller when them new whores are coming into town.
我不知道我们这些有什么不好
I don’t see what’s the matter with the ones we’ve got.
你只管稳住你的水盆
Hold your water, tallywacker.
你想我会让个妓♥女♥过来告诉我怎么样经营妓院?
You think I’m gonna let some goddamn chippie tell me how to run a gooseberry ranch?
你架错马鞍了
You got the goddamn saddle on the wrong horse.
我叫他们来的时候,他们才会来
Them girls will come up here when I goddamn tell them to come up here.
我记得我全天每小时付你们15分
As I recall, I’m paying you boys 15 cents an hour
你们在矿下面工作……
after you’ve been in them goddamn mines all day
所以你们下班回家后
so’s you’ll have something to do at night
除了自己解决外还有别的事做
‘sides go home and play with Mary Five Fingers.
(sniffs)
对吗,伯格?
(burps) Right, Berg?
是的,麦凯比先生
That’s right, Mr. McCabe.
好了,孩子们,你们都听到他说的了
You heard what he said.
他付我们15分时薪在矿下工作一整天……
He’s paying us 15 cents an hour after we’ve been working in the mines all goddamn day
所以下班后,除了自己解决,我们还可以找点乐子
so we’ll have something else to do ‘cept play with Five-Fingered Mary.
闭嘴,杰瑞米
Oh, shut up, Jeremy.
(winding)
♪♪ (music box: “Brahms’ Lullaby”)
♪♪ (continues)
米勒太太
Mrs. Miller.
我想跟你谈谈,米勒太太
I wish to have a word with you, Mrs. Miller.
♪♪ (continues)
你要开门吗? 不
-You gonna open that door? -No.
好吧
All right.
我要求跟你简单聊聊
I asked to have a simple word with you and nothing else,
如果你觉得……
and if you think that I’m gon’ have this conversation –
我该隔着门说话……
-(metal squeaking) -(grunting) through this door,
我也没关系
that’s just fine with me.
米勒女士,我要知道那些女孩什么时候从西雅图来
Mrs. Miller, I want to know when them girls is getting in here from Seattle.
我雇那些小子们在你浴室工作
I’ve got them boys working on your bathhouse,
我有权利知道
and I got a right to know.
♪♪ (continues)
我付她们……交通费
Paid for their… transportation.
你以为我只是家银行!
I think you think I’m nothin’ but a bank.
到目前为止,你一直花我的钱
(sighs) So far you’ve cost me nothin’ but money.
钱和痛苦!
Money and pain.
痛苦,痛苦,痛苦!
Pain, pain, pain.
♪♪ (stops)
MAN: Come on. Giddap there.
Hyah!
Hyah! Ho! Come on, Whitey! Hyah! Ho!
Ho! Come on! Ho! (driver continues shouting)
Hyah! Come on! Giddap there! Hyah!
(wagon approaching)
Ho! Ho! Come on! Giddap!
Hyah! Ho! Ho!
Whoa! Whoa!
女士,我想这些小姐要找你
Believe these ladies are looking for you, ma’am.
老天,发生什么事了?车子在后面一英里处坏了
-My God, what happened? -Wagon broke down maybe a mile back.
她们大部分的东西我都留在那儿了
I’ve got most of the things in here.
周,帮忙!
Lou! Ah Ping!
去拿小姐们的行李,快!快去!
Fetch the ladies’ luggage. Quick as you can. Go on.
容我介绍我太太 这是华盛顿太太
Allow me to introduce my wife. This is Mrs. Washington.
我叫索姆奈·华盛顿 我是理发师
My name is Sumner Washington. I’m a barber by profession.
很高兴见到你
Pleased to meet you.
李尔?
Lil?
你应该想看我的漂亮的女士们
Thought you’d like to look at my beautiful ladies.
让他们洗个热水澡 快去,去烧水
Give them a hot bath. Go on. Quick, get the water heating.
(shivering, giggling)
我的屁♥股♥快冻僵了
How are you, Constance? My ass is frozen!
亲爱的,你的顾客总是这么说你的
WOMAN: Yeah, well, that’s what half the boys say about you, dear.
你说这里会有栋房♥子的 把你的头发挽着
-You told us there was gonna be a house here. -MRS. MILLER: Keep your hair on!
我替你们建好了皇宫
I’m building a bloody palace here for you girls. Come on.
现在我要给你们提供一个热水浴
-Right now I’m gonna give you a bath. -All I seen is a bunch of dried-up Chinks.
我可不跟中国佬干 -闭嘴!
-WOMAN: I’m not fucking any Chinamen. -WOMAN #2: Oh, shut up, Maisie!
一个中国人还会操另一个中国人吗?
You ever know a Chink wanna fuck another Chink
你听说,当有白种女人在边上时
when there’s a white woman around?
别抱怨了,不然我把你眼睛挖出来
-Come on! -Stop whining or I’ll scratch your eyes out.
Get in there.
布里米,他们就这么继续扩大了
Cor blimey! How they do go on.
你信上说会有间房♥子,这就是你说的房♥子?
WOMAN: You said in your letter there was a house here. You call this a house?
我的东西!
WOMAN #2: I had to get something out of it.
你从克莉思汀那儿偷来的!
WOMAN #3: You stole that from Christine!
你说得没错 – 我花了十三元买♥♥的!
WOMAN #2: That’s a goddamn rotten lie. I paid $13 for it.
– 闭嘴,尤妮丝! 你老是爱抱怨
Aw, shut up, Eunice. You’re always bloody well complaining.
加1元,杰克 叫牌
-Dollar to you, Jack. -Call.
罗比?
-Riley? -(coin lands on table)
知道我听到什么了吗?
MAN: Say, do you know what I heard?
我听说带来的其中一位可是货真价实的中国公主
I heard one of them girls they were bringing up was an authentic Chinese princess.
他们说的关于中国女孩的事是真的吗?
MAN #2: Do you think that’s true what they say about Chinese girls?
才怪。如果是真的,她们的腿会断掉
MAN #3: Horseshit. If that was true, their legs would fall off.
少来了
-MAN #2: Oh, come on! -(men laughing)
是真的,是真的
MAN #1 : It’s true.
你看,如果你注意他们的眼睛、他们的斜靠的样子……
You see, if you notice their eyes, the way they slant, you know,
他们掸烟灰的方式,你就知道
-and the way they tip up at the side, -(laughing)
那就是真的……
well, that’s – that’s true for their whole –
其他身体的一举一动,都是真的
that’s true – that’s true for the rest of their bodies.
我的一个朋友阿莫斯·林德维尔,在加利福尼亚州萨克拉门托
A friend of mine, Amos Lindville, down in Sacramento, California,
有一次花五元只想看看是不是真的。
he once spent five dollars to find out.
五元只想看看
Five dollars he spent just to have a look.
他说是真的,是真的
And he said it’s true. It’s true.
像阿莫斯这种人,不会花五元
A guy like Amos Lindville isn’t gonna spend five dollars
看假的东西
just to find out something that isn’t true.
WOMEN: ♪ Beautiful dreamer ♪
♪ Wake unto me ♪
♪ La-la, la-la-la ♪
♪♪ (singing fades)
(dog barking)
(other dogs join in barking)
(barking stops)
我现在是厨师了,不再是妓♥女♥了
LILY: I’m a cook now. I’m not a whore anymore.
你的全部经验都给荒废了
SMALLEY: You’re just throwing your training away.
丽丽,这不公平
All that experience, Lily. It’s unfair.
等到好了后,你再看这地方
BERG: Wait till you see this place when we get it finished.
真的会很不错
It’s really gonna be something. Gonna be really fancy.
南美洲的妓院真的很不寻常
You know, the whorehouses down in South America are really unusual.
你在南美待过? 是的,我小时候在那儿
-MAN: You were down in South America? -BERG: I was down there when I was a boy.
当然,非常不寻常 一点都不像这个 一点都不华丽
They’re really unusual. They’re not like this at all. They’re not fancy at all.
就像是临时休息土屋,你知道吗?土造的房♥子
They’re just sort of mud huts. You know, mud houses.
一家人在这些土屋里面工作……
You get a family of people working in these mud houses.
家里的女人就是妓♥女♥
And the women in the family are whores.
-And the parents, they sell their own kids? -BERG: That’s right.
斯莫利,你知道伯格在哪? 他在里面
-McCABE: You know where Berg is, Smalley? -In there.
洗过澡了吗?
Has he had a bath?
女士,我不是顾客
Madam, I’m not here as a customer.
伯格? 你找我吗,麦凯比先生?
-Berg? -You looking for me, Mr. McCabe?
伯格,你想害我失去业务吗?
-Tryin’ to put me out of business, Berg? -Well, uh –
呃……哦,这些订单 是的,没关系,因为……
Oh, these order forms. Yeah, well, that’s all right because that, uh –
那个中国女孩要多少钱? 一块五
-How much is that Chinese girl? -A dollar fifty, like all the rest.
米勒太太也是吗? 她要五元
-Does that go for Mrs. Miller too? -No. She’s five dollars.
五元? 想清楚你要点的
-Five dollars? -You get exactly what you ordered.
是吗,米勒女士? 是什么?
-Is that right, Mrs. Miller? -What’s that?
五元 没错
-MAN: Five dollars for you. -That’s right.
天啊,真贵
Jesus Christ, that’s a lot of money.
我♥操♥!好吧,我们走
Shit. All right, then, let’s go.
你一定是发大财了
MAN: You must be rich or somethin’.
你最好的条件都在表格里
-♪♪ (music box) -BERG: You’re getting all your materials.
达到你最大的兴趣
Because it’s in your own best interest to have these forms
确定都签名了
and to make sure they’re signed.
来,奎格利先生 不是吓我吧?
MRS. MILLER: Come on, Mr. Quigley. Ain’t scared of me, are you?
一旦你点的东西都有了…… 你就知道是真的了,因为你有证据
Once you’ve got everything you ordered, you can tell because you’ve got proof.
就在这里 我的签名都在上面,你要的就是这些
You’ve got my signature on these order forms, and that’s all that you’ll need.
♪♪ (music box continues)
好了
So that’s it.
当然,除非你要我们留下来,看看是否有人不……
Unless, of course, you’d like us to stay around and see if maybe someone doesn’t…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!