即使我自己没有成功,我还是为此替Tommy感到快乐
What a special moment
一个特别的时刻
to witness this piece of history.
亲眼目睹这一节历史
And I was there to help Tommy realize this vision.
我参与去帮助Tommy实现了梦想
After everything he went through,
他经过的每一步
so much struggle,
这么多的挣扎
the injuries, the doubts.
伤痛、疑惑
For Tommy it was like, this is it.
对于Tommy,就这样了
Come on, Tommy.
加油,Tommy
[Tommy] Boom! 碰
[Crowd cheers]
Woo-hoo! Feels good.
呼哈哈,感觉良好
[Long] I’m down in the meadow
我在草坪上
watching Tommy trying to get to Wino Tower,
看着Tommy即将到达 Wino Tower
which is the next big feature above them.
是等待他们的一个大界标
It’s this mythical landmark
它是神奇的地标
about two-thirds of the way up El Capitan.
El Capitan 三分之二的分界
[Kelly] This three foot pedestal 2,000 feet up the Wall.
这个三英尺的石头台基,位于岩墙的2000 英尺高的地点
[Long] The first horizontal ledge
是整座岩墙上的第一块水平突角
where you can stand up, sit down, lie down
可以让你站立,坐下,躺下
on the entire route.
在整个线路上
[Kelly] And it signifies the end of the hardest climbing.
它意味着艰苦攀岩过程的结束
[Tommy] One more hard pitch to get to Wino Tower.
到达Wino Tower之前,还有一个苦逼绳距
That’s crazy!
真是疯狂啊
For years, I’d envisioned this moment of getting to Wino Tower.
好多年来,我都在臆想登上Wino Tower那一刻
So I’m freaking out inside.
内心深处都沸腾了
[Kevin] Good, Tommy. Come on.
赞,Tommy,加油
[Tommy] Climbing really tense and kind of shaking nervous.
爬的紧张,神经都颤抖了
[Kevin] Keep breathing, dude.
保持呼吸,哥们
Come on. 再加油
Good. 好
[Tommy] Just trying to calm myself down enough
需要自我镇定住
to make it through the final last little bit.
直到通过最后那几块
[Kevin] Yeah! 耶
[Howls] Ow! 嗷
[Sighsl
[Laughs]
[Tommy] Oh! I feel a little shaky.
觉得自己都发抖了
Yeah, I might pass out.
是,快昏过去了
I can’t believe I’m here right now.
真不敢相信我已经在这儿了
I know it’s not over yet, but that’s big.
虽然知道还不是最后终点,但这是一大步
I’m at Wino Tower.
我在 Wino Tower
[Brett] What are you feeling?
感觉如何?
I want Kevin to experience this, too. for sure.
毫无疑问,我希望Kevin也能经历这个
[Tommy] It was this huge victory.
这是巨大的胜利
But it’s totally trumped by the fact
但却被一个事实压倒
that Kevin wasn’t going to do it with me.
就是Kevin没能和我一起
Suddenly, I just felt alone.
一刹那间,我觉得很孤独
I think Kevin probably did, too.
我想Kevin也会有同样的感觉
What a crazy experience this has been.
这是多离奇的一种经历
It crashed down on me
我脑子里翻滚着一个想法
that going to the top without Kevin was gonna be devastating.
如果没有Kevin一起登顶,这事就全砸了。
Just got to get KJ up here now.
要把他弄上来,此刻
So I decided in that moment
所以在那一刻我决定了
that we were going to get to the top together.
我们要一起登顶
-[Brett] What will you do? 你要怎么做?
-Everything I can to help him. 尽全力帮他上来
Yeah. 是的
I’m going to go into full-on support mode.
我准备进入全力支持的模式
[Kevin] That night, we both go back down to the camp.
那一晚,我们都下来到大本营
We were cooking dinner.
做饭
It was real quiet.
周围静悄悄的
And I knew it was this emotional moment for Tommy.
我知道这一刻的Tommy心情激动
But he’s not very good at verbalizing.
但他不善表达
I want to do this thing with you, yeah, it’s like …it’s cool, man
我希望和你一起登上去,呃,就是 …真的挺棒,老弟
I mean, it’s awesome but when I take, I just really want you. …there
Yeah, I do
我意思是,登上去是挺棒,不过,我还是特希望你也在
明白。
Yeah.
是啊,
[Kevin]Tommy just told me, in classic Tommy style,
Tommy 以典型的Tommy 风格跟我说
I don’t care how long it takes for you to get through pitch 15,
我不在意你需要花多久才能通过15绳距
because I can’t imagine a worse outcome
因为我不能想象那个糟糕的结果
than doing this alone.
独自一人去登顶
I don’t want to hold you back, is the thing.
是这样,我不希望你掉在后面
You’re three days from the top now or some shit.
你离开峰顶就三天时间了
[Kevin] It’s a pretty special moment.
这一刻很特殊
I know I can do that pitch.
我知道我能穿过那个绳距
Yeah, for sure.
是呀,肯定的
And I feel like if I can do that pitch, I’d be so fucking psyched
我觉得自己可以完成那个绳距,我就是紧张死
that there’s nothing
没有什么
that’s going to stop me between there and the top.
可以挡在峰顶和那块地方之间
I think that’s true.
我认为就是这样
Just keep stretching. Make sure…
伸展胳膊,确认
I think I need to do some arm lengthening stretches.
我觉得自己需要把胳膊抻的更长
[Kevin] So we decided that I would rest two consecutive days
于是我们决定,我再加两天连贯的休息
so that my skin could heal
等待我皮肤复原
and try again.
然后再尝试
[Long] The idea of Tommy waiting,
Tommy 想出来的这个念头
to risk your own success
冒着自己不成功的限
in the hopes that maybe by some miracle Kevin can do it,
以期待,也许Kevin可以奇迹般完成穿越
that’s a partner right there.
这就是同伴的概念
Coffee for KJ.
为Kevin喝彩
[Long] But there’s no guarantee that Kevin’s ever gonna make it.
但,Kevin能否做到,谁也不能保证
I mean, I thought that Kevin was maybe not going to make it.
我意思是,我认为Kevin也许就是做不到
And I was hoping that,
我也希望
since this had been a dream of Tommy’s
因为这是Tommy长久的梦想
a lot longer than it had been a dream of Kevin’s,
比它也成为Kevin的梦想时间要长的多
that Tommy would find a way to complete this climb.
Tommy可以顺利完成这次攀登
As Tommy’s friend, selfishly,
从Tommy朋友自私的角度
I’m thinking to myself, like,
我自己想
“Kevin, dude, time to throw in the towel and support Tommy.”
Kevin,哥们,是时间去帮助Tommy攀上去
Somebody less gracious than Tommy CaIdwell might have said,
没有Tommy Caldwell那样仁厚的人会这样说
“I’ve got to go on without you.”
虽然没有你,我还是要前行
[Dad] But he was committed to Kevin.
但是他承诺Kevin
“We’re doing this together.”
我们要一起完成
And he wouldn’t have been Tommy if he’d done it any other way.
如果不是这样,那就不是Tommy了
[Reporter 1] This just in. Those two American climbers…
进入报道。两位美国攀岩者
-[Re porter 2] Kevin Jorgeson.
-[Reporter 3] Kevin Jorgeson.
[Reporter 4] Stuck for seven straight days.
连续七天时间卡壳了
[Reporter 5] CaIdwell determined to wait…
Tommy Caldwell 决定等待
[Reporter 6] One of them refusing to move higher
他们其中一人拒绝独自登高
without his partner stuck below.
如果他卡壳的搭档无法上去的话
So will they make it?
所以,他们能成功吗?
Can you imagine? This really is no joke.
你可以想象吗?这不是开玩笑
[Kelly] The media started to sound like a tabloid.
媒体开始像小报一样八卦起来
Is Jorgeson spoiling Tommy’s dreams?
Kevin 会不会毁了Tommy的梦想?
[Reporter 7] Down below, the crowd is waiting and watching.
山底下,人群在等待又观望
[Kevin] Hey, Tommy, what’s the weather look like?
嗨,Tommy, 天气怎么样?
Oh, wait. That’s right, you dropped your phone.
哦,等等,对了,你把手♥机♥弄丢了
Dropped my phone last night.
昨晚丢的
I had my chest pocket unzipped. It just fell out.
我的胸兜拉链开了,手♥机♥掉出去了。
Hopefully, I didn’t kill anybody down there.
希望没砸到下面的谁
I’d heard that Tommy dropped his phone, and I said,
我听到Tommy 掉了手♥机♥的事儿,我就说
“Did he really drop his phone?
他真的掉了手♥机♥?
“Or is he just saying, don’t call me anymore?”
还是,他意思是,别电♥话♥我了
So fed up with the media circus.
被一堆媒体围住
I think he didn’t drop it.
我觉得他不是掉了手♥机♥
He threw it off.
他是扔了手♥机♥
Yup. Guess we’ve got to just enjoy the view now.
好吧,猜猜我们现在是不是应该欣赏下风景呢
[Kevin] Over the next few days,
之后的几天
Tommy was content right where we were,
Tommy 满足于我们所处的位置
for however long it was going to be.
也不管还需要多久
He’s just stoked to be up there,
他就是稳稳在上面
and it’s no big deal if it takes another rest day or two
再花个一天、两天,也不是大事儿
or three or five or whatever.
或三天、五天,管它去呢
[Tommy] Yeah, I feel like I’ve just been appreciating things
是呀,我感觉我正在欣赏
a little bit more the last few days.
比过去几天更会欣赏周边了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!