That’s all.
风停了
She’s settling.
打算怎么办
What do you figure on doing?
很难说
lt’s hard to say.
待到天亮 再到叔叔那儿去吧
Stay here till morning, go to Uncle John’s, l reckon.
再下去我也不知道
After that, l don’t know.

Listen.
他们来了 看他们的车灯
That’s them. Them lights.
快 我们得藏起来
Come on. Come on. We gotta hide out.
藏什么 我们又没作坏事
Hide out for what? We ain’t doing nothing.
你侵入他人土地了
You’re trespassing.
这已不是你的土地了
This ain’t your land no more!
他们可都带了枪
That’s the superintendent with a gun.
-快走 汤姆 -你还在假释期间
-Come on! -Come on, Tom. You’re on parole.
莫里
Muley!
藏起来看 不要作声
All you gotta do is hide and watch.
-他们不会过来吗 -应该不会
-Won’t they come out here? -(chuckles) l don’t think so.
只要过来我就从后面
One came out once and l clipped him…
拿棍子给他一下
..from behind with a fence stake.
他们从此就不会找麻烦了
They ain’t bothered since.
他不在这儿
He ain’t here.
真没想到在自己家还要躲躲藏藏
Anybody ever told me l’d be hiding out in my own place…
主 请让我们
Lord, make us grateful for
为未来的遭受心存感激
what we are about to receive, for His sake. Amen.
我看见你偷吃
l seen you. You ate during grace.
只有一小块 只是仅仅的一小块 就这些
Just one little dab. Just one teeny little old dab. That’s all.
他真脏
Ain’t he messy though.
像头猪一样
l seen him. Gobbling away like an old pig.
你为何不把眼闭上
Why don’t you keep your eyes shut during grace?
上面又说什么呢 约翰叔叔
What’s it say again, Uncle John?
加州有许多工作机会 需要800个采果工
lt says, ”Plenty of work in California. 800 pickers wanted.”
等我到了加州
Wait till l get to California.
要随心所欲的摘橘子 葡萄
l’m gonna reach up and pick me an orange whenever l want it.
这些东西
Or some grapes. Now-now-now,
我永不嫌多
there’s something l ain’t never had enough of.
我要采一大串葡萄
l’m gonna get me a whole big bunch of grapes off a bush
挤在脸上
and l’m gonna sQuash ’em all over my face
让葡萄汁流到下巴
and let the juice drain down off of my chin.
永远赞美上帝
Praise the Lord for victory!
或许要弄一大箱葡萄
Maybe l’ll get me a whole washtub full of grapes
坐进箱里挤到
and just sit in ’em and scrounge around in ’em
它们全不见
until they’re all gone.
我真希望这样 我真希望这样
l sure would like that. Yes, sir, l sure would like that.
感谢上帝
Oh, thank God. Thank God.
汤姆
Tommy.

Ma.
你不是越狱吧不用躲躲藏藏吧
You didn’t bust out? You ain’t gotta hide
我获假释了 有证件
No, Ma. l’m paroled. l got my papers.
我真怕把你一个人丢下
l was just scared we was going away without you
从此再也不能见面
and we’d never see each other again.
我找到你们了
l’d have found you, Ma.
莫里把事情告诉我了
Muley told me what happened.
真的要去加州
We going to California true?
非去不可 不过会好起来的
We’ve gotta go, Tommy, but it’s gonna be all right.
报道上说加州有许多工作
l seen the handbills about how much work there is,
薪水也很高
and high wages too.
我得先弄清楚
There’s something l gotta find out first, Tommy. Did they hurt you, son?
-他们伤害了你吗是不是打得你疯了-疯
-Did they hurt you and make you mean mad? -Mad, Ma?
有时他们会这么干的
Sometimes they do.
起初会 但后来就没有了
No, Ma. l was at first, but not no more.
他们常如此
Sometimes they do something to you.
虐待你使你变得无情
They hurt you and you get mad and then you get mean.
再虐待 你越来越无情
And they hurt you again and you get meaner and meaner,
他们这样伤害你了吗
Did they hurt you that way, son?
别乱操心了
No, Ma. Don’t worry about that.
我不要无情的儿子
Well, l…l don’t want no mean son.
是汤姆汤姆回来了 汤姆
lt’s Tommy. lt’s Tommy back.
你越狱了
What did you do, son? Bust out?
汤姆出狱了
Tommy’s out ofjail!
我就知道
l… l knowed it! You couldn’t keep him in.
牢房♥关不住他牢房♥关不住乔德家的人
You can’t keep a Joad in jail.
我早就知道
l knowed it from the first.
别挡着我
Get out of my way!
我早就说过汤姆一定会越狱的
l told you so. l told you Tom would come bustin’ out of thatjail
就像公牛跃出畜栏
just like a bull through corral fence.
牢房♥关不住我家的人
You can’t keep a Joad in jail.
-我没越狱 是假释 -我就是这样
-l didn’t bust out. They paroled me. -l was that way myself.
-你好 叔叔 -你好 汤姆 我很好
-How are you, Uncle John? -Hello, Tommy. l’m feeling fine.
-你好 诺亚 -你好 汤姆 越狱
-How are you, Noah? -Fine, Tommy. Bust out?
不 是假释
No, parole.
-你好 -汤姆
-Hello. -Tommy.
牢鸟回来了
The jailbird’s back! The jailbird’s back!
-你好 -汤姆
-Hiya, Al. -Hello, Tom.
-越狱吗 -不 是假释
-Did you bust out ofjail? -No, they paroled me.
罗丝
Rosasharn.
越狱
Busted out.
她结婚了 这是她丈夫康尼
That’s Connie Rivers with her. They’re married now.
她再有三四个月就要生了
She’s due now about three, four months.
我走时她还是个孩子
She wasn’t any more than a kid when l went up.
-你好 罗丝 -你好 汤姆
-Hiya, Rosasharn. -How are you, Tom?
这位是我丈夫康尼
This is Connie, my husband.
-你是不是… -假释
-Did you… -No, parole.
真是神奇
Well, if this don’t beat all.
我快当舅舅了
l see l’m going to be an uncle soon.
不会的
Oh, you do not see.
-看她脸红了 看她脸红了 -看她脸红了
-Look at her blush. Look at her blush. -Look at her blushing.
乔德 约翰•乔德
Hey, Joad! John Joad.
-你还没忘 -没忘
-You ain’t forgot, have you? -We ain’t forgot.
-我们明天一走就要来 -我知道
-We’ll be coming through here tomorrow. -l know.
到时我们就走 我们天亮就离开
We be out. We be out by sun-up.
你怎么弄到钱的
How did you get all this money?
卖♥♥东西 采棉花 祖父都下手了
Sold things. Chopped cotton. Even Grandpa.
赚了200块 买♥♥车花了75块
Got us about $200 all told. Shucked out 75 for this here truck.
还有125块路上用
Still got nearly 150 to set out on.
应该够了
l figure we ought to be able to make her on that.
小心点 一共有12个人
Easy. After all, they ain’t but about 12 of us, is they?
好 天亮就要离开这儿的话
l reckon we better begin rousting them out
我们现在就叫大家上路吧
if we aim to get out by daylight.
怎么样 约翰你们也来吗好
How about it, John? How you boys coming?
乔德被判入狱七年

Ma.
我好了
l’m ready.
罗丝 把小孩叫起来 要上路了
Rosasharn, honey. Wake up the children. We’re fixing to leave.
露西 文菲尔德 起床
Ruthie. Winfield. Jump up now.
爷爷呢去找他
Where’s Grandpa? Al, go get him.
我要上去 帮帮忙
l’m gonna get up front. Somebody help me.
等等
Wait.
-小孩爬到上面去 -我要去加利福尼亚了
-Kids, you climb up on top first. -We’re going to California!
艾尔开车
Al’s gonna drive,
你们三个坐一起 稍后我们再换
Ma. Sit with him and Grandma and we’ll swap later.
我们去哪儿康尼 帮罗丝照顾孩子
Connie. Help Rosasharn up there alongside the kids.
-爷爷呢 -爷爷
-Where’s Grandpa? -Grandpa!
他一定在老地方
Where he always is, probably.
爷爷
Grandpa! Grandpa!
留个位子 约翰 你们上去自己找个地方
Save him a place. John, you and Noah climb up and find a place.
注意保持车子平衡
Got to kind of keep her even all around.
承受得住吗
Think it’ll hold?
受得住的话真是个奇迹
lf it does, it’ll be a miracle out of Scripture.
妈 爸
Ma. Pa.
放开我
Let go of me, goldurn you! Dang you!
爷爷 怎么回事
Please. There’s something the matter with him.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!