This is supposed to be good for you, John.
-来吧 爸爸 别让水都流光了 -来了
-Come on, Pa, before she floats away. -Here we come.
-你们真有股儿劲 -什么意思
-You people got a lot of nerve. -What do you mean?
-开这么一辆破车横穿沙莫 -你穿过
-Crossing the desert in ajalopy like this. -You been across?
从没开过这么破的车
Sure, plenty. But never in no wreck like that.
车坏了的话 可能会有人帮忙
lf we break down, maybe somebody’d give us a hand.
可能
Well, maybe,
但我讨厌帮忙 我没那个胆量
but l’d hate to be doing it. Takes more nerve than l got.
不是胆量的问题
Don’t take no nerve to do something,
是没的选择 但愿它撑的住
ain’t nothing else you can do. Hope she holds.
祖父
Grandpa.
我想见祖父
l want Grandpa.
我想见祖父
l want… Grandpa.
别担心
Don’t you fret now.
别担心 祖母
Don’t you fret now, Grandma.
-都上车了吗 -上车了
-Everybody set back there? -Yeah.
好 我们出发
Here we go.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
天啊 这群人真顽强
Holy Moses, what a hard-looking outfit.
俄基佬确实顽强
All them Okies is hard-looking.
我是绝不会开这样一辆破车进沙莫的
Boy, but l’d hate to hit that desert in ajalopy like that.
你我都有理智 俄基佬没有理智 没有感觉
You and me got sense. Them Okies got no sense and no feeling.
他们不是人类 人是不会这样生存的
They ain’t human. No human being would live the way they do.
人类受不了这种痛苦
A human being couldn’t stand to be so miserable.
他们只是没见识过更好的生活
Just don’t know any better, l guess.
这个鬼地方 你想不想步行穿过这儿
What a place. How would you like to walk across it?
有人试过 他们能行 我们也可以
People done it. lf they could, we could.
很多人死在路上
Lots must have died, too.
我们还没出去
Well, we ain’t out of it yet.
-我们在沙莫中间 -我希望现在是白天
-This here’s the desert. We’re right in it. -l wish it was day.
汤姆说现在是白天 但沙莫把光都遮蔽了
Tom said if it was day, it’d cut the gizzard right out of you.
我看过一张照片 到处是骨头
l seen a picture once and there was bones everywhere.
-人骨头 -有些是吧 大部分是牛骨
-Man bones? -Some, l guess. But mostly cow bones.
我倒想看看人骨头
l sure would like to see some of them man bones.
我想见爷爷
Grandpa. l want Grandpa.
一切都会好起来的
Yes. Now everything’s going to be all right.
我们必须穿过这里 祖母 我们必须穿过这里
We got to get across, Grandma. The family’s got to get across.
好像我们除了赶路还是赶路 我累了
Seems like we wasn’t never doing nothing but moving. l’m tired.
女人总是爱累
Women’s always tired.
你不会后悔吧 亲爱的
You ain’t… you ain’t sorry, are you, honey?
不 但…
No, but…
你记得”西部故事”
But you seen that advertisement
杂♥志♥的广♥告♥
in the Spicy Western Story magazine.
一分钱不用
Don’t pay nothing.
只要把赠券寄过去就可以成为无线通信员
Just send them the coupon and you’re a radio expert.
多轻松的工作
Nice clean work.
现在也行啊 亲爱的
But we can still do it, honey.
我早就该这么做了 不该加入这个旅程
l ought to done it then, not come on any trip like this.
-什么事 -农业监察
-What’s this here? -Agricultural inspection.
我们要例行检查 带蔬菜或种子了吗
We gotta go over your stuff. Got any vegetables or seed?
没有
No.
我们得检查才行 卸车
We gotta look over your stuff. You gotta unload.
什么 卸车 天啊
Unload? Holy Moses.
抱歉 你们要先出来 我们要卸车检查
You’ll have to get out while we unload for inspection.
先生 车上有病重的老人
We got a sick old lady.
必须找位医生
We got to get her to a doctor.
等不及了
We can’t wait. You can’t make us wait.
是吗我们要检查
Yeah? Well, we gotta look you over.
我发誓我们什么都没带 我发誓
Well, l swear we ain’t got anything. l swear it.
祖母病得很重
Grandma’s awful sick.

Look.
你没有撒谎
You wasn’t fooling.
-你发誓车上没有水果蔬菜 -没有 我发誓
-You swear you got no fruit or vegetables? -No, l swear it.
那走吧 巴斯托有医生 离这儿8英里
Go ahead. Get a doctor at Barstow. That’s just eight miles.
不要停 不要下车 明白吗
But don’t stop or get off. Understand?
-谢谢 警官 -非常感谢
-OK, Cap. Much obliged. -Thanks.
妈看
Ma! Grandma! Look!
到了
There she is. There she is.
我从没见过这么漂亮的地方
l never knowed there was anything like her.
-看看 -看看 约翰
-Will you look at her. -Look yonder, John.
是橘子树吗
Wonder if them’s orange trees, John?
我看是
Look like orange trees to me.
-不管是什么树 真漂亮 -确实
-They sure are pretty, whatever they are. -lndeed.
看那里的草堆
Look at them haystacks.
肯定很好玩
l bet we sure could have fun playing over there.
真漂亮
Pretty, ain’t it? Mighty pretty. Tom.
妈在哪儿让她看看
Where’s Ma? l want Ma to see this. Look, Ma. Come here, Ma.
来啊 妈
Come on. Come on.
-你不舒服 -我们到了吗
-You sick, Ma? -You say we got across?

Look.
谢天谢地
Oh, thank God.
我们大部分人还在一起
And we’re still together. Most of us.
你没睡觉吗
Didn’t you sleep none?
-祖母情况很糟吗 -祖母死了
-Was Grandma bad? -Grandma’s dead.
什么时候
When?
昨天我们被拦住前
Since before they stopped us last night.
所以你才不让他们检查
That’s why you didn’t want them to look?
我怕被他们拦下 就来不了这儿了
l was afraid they’d stop us and we wouldn’t get across.
我跟祖母说她要死了
l told Grandma.
我跟她说
l told her when she was dying.
我们必须得过去
l told her the family had to get across.
我们不能被拦住
l told her we couldn’t take no chance on being stopped.
没关系
So it’s all right.
她可以葬在绿草茵茵的地方了
She’ll get buried where it’s nice and green,
树木花草环绕着她
trees and flowers all around.
她最终还是死在加州了
She got to lay her head down in California after all.
太好了
Whoa.
靠这么推着能走多远
How far you figure you going to get that way, pushing?
就到这儿 没油了
Right here. We run out of gas.
哪里好找工作
Where’s the best place to get work around here?
什么工作都行
Don’t matter what kind either.
我见过无数张这样的广♥告♥了
lf l’ve seen one of them things, l’ve seen 10,000 of ’em.
-不是真的吗 -这儿现在没有
-Why? Ain’t it no good? -Not here. Not now.
一个月前有采摘潮
There was some picking around here about a month ago,
现在南移了
but it’s all moved south.
-你们从俄州哪里来 -沙拉索
-What part of Oklahoma you from, anyhow? -Sallisaw.
沙拉索
Sallisaw?
我两年前从崔洛基郡来的
l come out from Cherokee County myself about two years ago.
-崔洛基郡不是开玩笑吧 -噢
-Cherokee County! Gee! -Oh, boy!
-康尼跟你是同乡 -你不早说
-Connie’s folks are from Cherokee County. -You don’t say!
好了不要闲扯了
All right, all right. Let’s don’t go into it.
我得告诉你们
What l gotta tell you is this:
不要在城里停车 一直开到流民营
don’t try to park in town tonight. Just go on out to that camp.
如果天黑后被我撞到 就得把你关起来
lf l catch you in town after dark l gotta lock you up.
-我们该怎么办呢 -这我就管不着了
-But what are we gonna do? -Well, pop, thatjust ain’t up to me.
不怕告诉你
l don’t mind telling you
该关起来的
the guy they ought to lock up is
是那些乱发广♥告♥的人
the guy that sent them things out.
加多少油
How many, folks?
一加仑
One.
城界
前行2英里到流民营
这里不像什么繁华地
Sure don’t look none too prosperous.
-想去别的地方吗 -就靠一加仑油
-Wanna go somewhere else? -On a gallon of gas?
把帐蓬支起来 我来炖菜
Let’s set up the tent and maybe l can fix some stew.
我可以帮你掰树枝
l could break up some brush if you want me, ma’am.
-你想吃东西是吧 -是的 妈妈
-You wanna be asked to eat, don’t you? -Yes, ma’am.
没有吃早饭吗
Didn’t you have no breakfast?
没有 这里没活儿干
No, ma’am. They ain’t no work hereabouts.
爸爸想变卖♥♥东西买♥♥油
Pa’s been trying to sell some stuff to get gas,
去别的地方
so as we can get along.
你也没吃早饭

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!