Oh, is that all? Don’t be silly. Dad’d never get serious.
对这个女人他动真格了. 他试图让我和她
But he’s serious about this one. He’s trying to get Vicky and me…
成为朋友.她叫薇琪 她很危险
to be friends. She’s dangerous.
好, 破坏它.
Well, bust it up, for heaven sakes.
跟着他们,暗算她.
Follow him wherever he goes and submarine her.
你要带妈妈来这儿.
You’ve got to tell Mother and come out here to help.
我想要更多的时间.
I want some more time with her.
你都跟了她13年! 我才跟她呆了一会.
You’ve had her for 13 years, and I just got here.
苏珊
Susan.
我不想,尽你所能跟紧爸爸.挤占他们的时间
I won’t. Do the best you can and stay on Daddy’s tail. That’s all.
苏珊, 求你!
Susan, please.
我不会这么快放弃妈妈. 再见.
I won’t give up Mother this soon and that’s final. Good-bye.
苏珊?
Susan.
[Sighs]
我很高兴你今天来.
I’m glad you could come along today, honey, because there’s…
有件事我想跟你谈谈.
something I wanna talk about.
很重要 – 什么事?
It’s kind of important. – Oh, what is it?
你知道你遇见的女孩– 薇琪吗?
Well, you know the girl you met at the house, Vicky?
Mm-hmm.
我想我们应该单独相处一会, 以便我们交流.
Well, I thought that we ought to be alone a little while so we could talk.
我也想说件事.
Well, I wanted to talk to you about something too, Dad.
好. 说吧.
Oh? Okay, go ahead.
在夏令营的时候, 我想知道我妈妈的事.
All those weeks at camp, I’ve been wondering about my mother.
你想什么? 为什么你想知道像这样的事呢?
You what? What do you wanna start wondering about something like that for?
这对一个女孩来说很自然. 她在哪里?
Well, it’s a perfectly natural thing for a girl to do. Where is she?
我不知道.
Well, I don’t know where she is. How should I know?
也许她去西班牙 和某个酒鬼结婚了.
Last thing I heard, she went to Spain and married some drunk.
爸爸, 那不是真的.
Daddy, that’s not true. Now stop it.
好吧. 无论如何你不会喜欢她.
All right. I lost track. You wouldn’t like her anyway, hon.
大鼓眼, 红卷发, 而且她很胖,真的很胖.
She’s… These big staring eyes and red frizzy hair. And besides, she was fat, really fat.
那为什么你会爱上她?
Then why did you fall in love with her?
有时候你会晕头转向.
Well, you know, you lose your head sometimes.
此外, 我… 等一等.
Besides that… Wait just a minute.
弗莱彻, 继续玩. 我会到酒吧找你.
Hey, Fletcher, play on through. I’ll pick you up at the bar.
坐吧
Well, sit down.
宝贝, 你不要开始想妈妈.
[Clears Throat] Honey, you don’t wanna start…
…thinkin’ about your mother all of a sudden.
没有必要.
There’s a… Well, there’s no need for that.
你有什么心事永远可以跟我谈.
You can always come and talk to me about anything.
You always have.
这不一样. 父女是其乐融融,
Well, it’s not the same. Well, father and daughter is okay.
但当女孩长到了某个岁数, 她就会想妈妈.
But when a girl gets to a certain age, that’s when she really misses her mother.
为什么? 我意思是… 你意思是谈某种事情?
Why? I mean, uh… Oh, you mean the talk about… certain things?
对. – 那种事情?
Yeah. – That?
我猜我们从没有谈过那种事情.
[Inhales] I guess we never have just sat down and talked about that, have we?
这种事很不寻常, 但它实际上和其它事一样.
Well, this is kind of an odd place, but I guess… it’s as good as any.
我们完全可以一谈了之.
Um… Well, we might as well get it over with. Uh…
这种事你已经有多久了?
How… How much do you know now already?
什么事?
About what?
你正在谈的那种事.
About what you were just talking about?
绝对没有. – 没有?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. – Nothing?
好了, 你老是不打开天窗说亮话.
Well, you never brought up the subject and I wondered why.
[Inhales, Exhales]
好, 宝贝…
Well, honey, um…
没关系. 让我们 首先搞明白一件事.
All right, we oughta get straight on one thing first,
小男孩.
that’s little boys.
我知道他们怎样 因为我
How… See, I know how they are because…
曾经也是小男孩, 所以我知道.
being a man I used to be a little boy once, so I know.
我不知道…
I don’t know what…
我曾经也是小男孩, 我知道.
Take my word for it because I used to be a little boy one time…
我知道它.
…and I know. I know about it.
Oh. [Chuckles]
爸爸,
Daddy.
你讲话太有趣了. – 你这是什么意思?
You’re too funny for words. – What do you mean, “funny”?
这件事我已经知道好多年了.
Well, I’ve known about all that for simply years.
那我们正在谈什么?
Well, what the heck were we just talking about then?
那你正在谈什么?
Well, what were you talking about?
好, 呃…
Well, uh…
我最好离开了.
[Sighs] I think I better go and putt out.
现在有了个小讨厌.
There’s the little beast now.
她只是个娃娃.
Why, she’s nothing but a child.
她是个被惯坏的,恶劣的,两面三刀的捣蛋鬼.
She’s a conniving, vicious, little two-faced brat.
笑一笑, 宝贝.
Just smile, pet.
想一想加州和棒极了的 共有财产法,
Think of California and that wonderful community property law…
笑一笑.
and just smile.
嗨. – 你好, 米歇尔, 亲爱的.
Hi. – Hello, Mitch, darling.
嗨, 埃德娜. – 这个长着出神的明亮眼睛的孩子是谁啊?
Hi, Edna. – Who is this ecstatic, bright-eyed child?
她不会是… – 当然. 她是苏西.
Oh, Mitch, this couldn’t be… – Sure, that’s Susie.
这是薇琪的妈妈.
Honey, this is Vicky’s mother, Mrs. Robinson.
你好.
How do you do?
这姑娘就是你叫她花生脸的那个?
This angelic girl? This is the one you call “peanut face”?
爸爸, 真的吗!
Oh, Daddy, really.
过来到你阿姨埃德娜这边来,
Now, you come right over here to your Auntie Edna…
我们好彼此熟悉熟悉.
and you and I are gonna get to know one another.
我想听你的所有事. 过来坐.
Come on, I wanna hear all about ya. Down ya go.
嗨. 你告诉她了吗?
Hi. – Did you tell her?
我开口了, 然后…
[Edna Chattering Nonstop] – Well, I started to, and…
我不知道出了什么事.
I don’t know what happened.
哦, 米歇尔…
Oh, Mitch, for…
不要紧. 让我用自己的办法来做.
All right, just let me do it in my own way. All right?
都安排好了.
Now, it’s all settled,
苏珊和我决定 我们一起在这吃顿快乐午餐.
Susan and I have decided we’re all gonna have a darling lunch right here.
埃德娜, 我很抱歉, 我们今天不行. 我答应整天陪着苏西.
Edna, I’m sorry. I don’t think we can today. I promised to spend the whole day with Susie.
We’ve got some stuff planned, you know?
我非常抱歉. – 没关系. 下一次, 亲爱的.
I’m terribly sorry. – Oh, that’s all right. Another time, dear.
你非常可爱!
[Chuckles] You’re an adorable thing.
我们要去骑马.
Come on, Susie, We’ll get the horses, We’re gonna take a ride down the beach.
玩得开心. – 再见, 亲爱的.
Have fun. – Bye, darling.
我结婚后要做的第一件事, 就是打发她去瑞士寄宿学校.
First change I make in that household, off she goes to a boarding school in Switzerland.
宝贝, 我打算问你… 你觉得薇琪怎么样?
Honey, listen, uh… I’ve been meaning to ask you. What do you think of Vicky?
哪方面怎么样?
Uh… in what respect?
好… 这只是随便问问.
Well, uh… it’s just an ordinary question.
不, 它不是. 你问我我觉得薇琪怎么样.
No, it’s not. You ask me what I think of Vicky.
我觉得薇琪作为什么怎么样?
Well, what do I think of Vicky as what?
如果你问我我觉得她作为 时装模特
I mean, if you ask me what did I think of her as a fashion model…
或著名女飞行员怎么样,
or a famous aviatrix or something,
那我也许能发表意见, 但如果你碰巧问我…
then maybe I’d express some sort of opinion, but just to ask…
好吧.
[Clears Throat] All right. Uh…
你觉得薇琪作为人怎么样?
what do you think of Vicky as a person?
爸爸,我真的说不出来.
[Chuckles] Well, Daddy, I really couldn’t say.
她与我完全是陌生人.
She’s a perfect stranger to me.
比谁先跑到房♥子! – 等等. 苏西!
Beat you back to the house. – Hey, wait a minute, Susie. Susie.
我还没有跟你说完!
Hey, I’m not through talkin’ to you.
[Car Horn Honks]
Hi, darling.
嗨. – 你好, 甜心.
Hi. – Hello, sweetie.
[Sighs]
他不能. 他就是不能.
He can’t. He just can’t.
我都要疯掉了.他这把年纪的男人还要藏娇.
Oh, it just makes me so mad, A man of his age.
我们所有的努力和计划都泡汤了!
All the work and the plans.
嗨.
Hi.
你过去常常跟我交心的. 有什么事你想说给我听的吗?
You used to confide in me. Anything you wanna talk over with me?
没有.
No.
比如告诉我为什么 安多米达从不靠近你?
You wouldn’t like to tell me why Andromeda never comes near ya?
[Chuckles]
或为什么你的食欲变了?
Or why suddenly your appetite’s changed?
沃贝娜, 你是个神秘主义者.
[Chuckles] Dear Verbena, you are a mystic.
神秘主义者? 我不是神秘主义者.
Mystic? I’m no mystic.
问我所有这些疯狂的问题. 我不知道你在说什么.
Well, asking me all these crazy questions. Gee, I don’t know what you’re getting at.
你知道我在说什么. 你有些事很奇怪.
You know what I’m talking about. There… There’s something very strange about you.
你真的没什么事想告诉我吗?
Are you sure there isn’t anything you wanna tell me?
你想让我告诉你什么?
What do you want me to tell you?
我不知道. 你几乎就象…
Well, I don’t know. It’s… almost as if you were…
那不可能.
No, that’s impossible.
我几乎就象谁?
Almost as if I were who, Verbena?
忘了它, 宝贝. 别管它了.
Oh, forget it, honey. Never mind.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!