In fact, I insist.
[WOMAN GASPING]
好极了 曼哈顿博士已经到了但没人想要通知我
Terrific. Dr. Manhattan arrives and no one thinks to tell me.
– 他就这样… – 没时间化妆了
WOMAN: He just… – We don’t have time for makeup.
这蓝♥光♥对摄影机来说太耀眼了
That blue is too light for television.
这样够暗了吗?
Is that dark enough?
对,够暗了
PRODUCER: Yeah, that’s dark enough.
(辐射庇护所)
BERNIE: The weight of the world’s on him, but does he quit? No.
他肩负着整个世界,他会退缩吗?不
卖♥♥报纸的总是能解决,他们就像…
News vendors always cope. They’re the…
噢,天啊,他又来了,那个流浪者
Oh, God, here comes that homeless guy again.
我说过了,这个月的一♥期♥还没有到
I told you, this month’s issue still hasn’t arrived yet.
为什么你那么关心那些右♥派♥的破报纸? 他们根本不关心这事
Why do you care about that right-wing rag? Those bastards don’t give a damn.
[HORN HONKS]
慢着,他们送来了
Hold up. Here they come.
(新边缘人报: 荣耀如同雄鹰:有时它也需要蒙上脸)
– 西摩尔 – 伯尼,近来可好?
– Seymour. – Bernie, how’s tricks?
不错,不错
BERNIE: Fine, fine.
看到我身后那个男人吗? 这个星期他一直在跟踪我
See this guy behind me? Been bugging me all week.
或许我们该坐车来,这里治安不好
Maybe we should get a cab. These are bad neighborhoods.
管它呢,我正好心情坏
Yeah, well, I’m in a bad mood.
– 小妞 – 看看谁来了
MAN 1: Girl. MAN 2: What we got here?
这个是五角大楼开出的禁谈话题清单
Here’s a list of Pentagon-approved no-go areas.
他们一定会问起阿富汗的,一笔带过就好…
Afghanistan will obviously come up, but just play it cool…
还有别被逼进死胡同
…and try not to get into any tight corners.
一位著名的核子物理学家 他在经过一场可怕的意外后…
– A renowned nuclear physicist, who, through a terrible accident…
得到了异常的天赋,能够随意改变物体的外形
…was gifted with extraordinary powers, capable of bending matter to his will.
今天,全世界都知道他的名字:曼哈顿博士
Today, the world knows him as Dr. Manhattan.
欢迎你
Welcome.
[AUDIENCE APPLAUDING]
谢谢
JON: Thank you.
这就对了
MAN 3: That’s right.
布雷克女士,你来问第一个问题
Ms. Black, you have the first question.
曼哈顿博士,你知道…
Dr. Manhattan, as you know…
“末日时钟”是用来象征性地…
…the Doomsday Clock is a symbolic clock face…
推断人类的灭绝时刻的
…analogizing humankind’s proximity to extinction…
午夜代表着核战爆发的威胁
…midnight representing the threat of nuclear war.
而现在,它指向差4分钟到午夜的时刻
As of now, it stands at four minutes to midnight.
你同意我们人类即将灭绝了吗?
Would you agree that we’re that close to annihilation?
我父亲是一个钟表匠
My father was a watchmaker.
在爱因斯坦发现时间是相对的之后 他不再接触钟表
He abandoned it when Einstein discovered that time is relative.
我只能同意,这仅仅是一个对于谍报人员…
I would only agree that a symbolic clock…
才有象征性意义的时钟
…is as nourishing to the intellect…
如同给溺水的人一张氧气的照片一样
…as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.
你的意思是完全没有危险?
So you’re saying there is no danger.
就算是这世上没有核武器,危险一样存在
JON: Even in a world without nuclear weapons, there would still be danger.
你是否同意,是神…
MAN: And would you say, as so many claim…
当然他们也称你“神”…
…that you are, in fact, a god…
是神让你能够同时看到过去和未来?
…given you see the past and future simultaneously?
我只能看到我自己的过去…
I can only see my own past…
和我自己的未来,我并非无所不知
… my own future. I am not omniscient.
道格·罗斯,该你问了
KOPPEL: Doug Roth, your question?
说起你的过去,曼哈顿博士…
Speaking of your past, Dr. Manhattan…
你还记得一个叫沃利·维沃的男人吗?
…do you remember a man named Wally Weaver?
是的,我们在吉拉·弗莱茨研究基地共事过
Yes. We were both physicists together at the Gila Flats Research Base.
他死于癌症
He died of cancer.
– 他是一个好人 – 那么埃德加·雅各比呢?
– He was a good man. ROTH: How about Edgar Jacobi…
也就是被称作“死神”的超级恶棍
… also known as the supervillain Moloch?
你和他在60年代的战斗、冲突中相遇过几次
You encountered him several times in the ’60s: Battles, conflicts.
你知道他也得了癌症吗?
Did you know that he has cancer as well?
我并未被告知
I wasn’t told.
那么安东尼·兰道夫将军呢?
ROTH: And what about General Anthony Randolph?
他是你在为政♥府♥工作时的联♥系♥人
He was your handler when you first started working for the government.
也是癌症
Cancer.
你是说我导致了他们患病?
You’re suggesting I was the cause.
就我来看,结论看起来十分明显
ROTH: From where I’m standing, it’s starting to look pretty conclusive.
就算这些都是事实,它们之间也没有关联
JON: Even if that’s the case, it’s irrelevant.
一个活着的人类和患病的人类…
A live human body and a deceased human body…
拥有着同样的身体构成
… have the same number of particles.
从结构上说,二者没有区别
Structurally, there’s no difference.
好了,请安静
All right. Let’s settle down, please.
那么珍妮·斯莱特呢?
What about Janey Slater?
你觉得她有不同吗?
You think it makes a difference to her?
珍妮?
Janey?
你的前女友
ROTH: Your ex-girlfriend?
她也是一个物理学家,你们交往了11年
She was a physicist too. You saw each other for 11 years.
道格,一次问一个问题
Doug, one question at a time.
她也得了癌症,医生说她只有半年命
She has cancer as well. Doctors have given her six months.
我说的对吗?斯莱特女士
Isn’t that right, Miss Slater?
你是我的全部,乔
You were the world to me, Jon.
你是我的生命
You were my whole life.
还记得你说过多少次你爱我吗?
Do you remember how many times you said you loved me?
珍妮,这事我不知道
Janey, I wasn’t told.
意外发生后我一直对你不离不弃 我把一切都给了你
I stuck by you after the accident. I gave you everything.
[AUDIENCE MURMURING]
这就是你给我的回报吗?
This is how you repay me?
– 珍妮,没人告诉过我,我不知道这事 – 诅咒你,乔,愿上帝诅咒你
– Janey, I wasn’t told. I didn’t know. – Damn you, Jon. Goddamn you.
珍妮,等等
Janey, wait.
够了,采访结束了,来人
– That’s it. This interview is over. MAN: Get up there.
把相机都拿走,所有人后退
Get those cameras off. Everybody back off.
所有人后退,我需要支援,别再烦他
Everybody back off. I need some backup here. Leave him alone.
请你们大家,都走开…
Please, if everyone would just go away…
别再烦我…
…and leave me alone…
你愿意发表评论吗?
Do you care to comment?
我说过,别烦我!
I said, leave me alone!
[BOTH PANTING]
上帝
Jesus.
我们…
Us…
被打劫了
…getting mugged.
走吧
Let’s go.
[MEN GRO ANING]
我在发抖
I’m shaking.
你知道吗?
You know what?
我心情好了,我会记住今晚的
I’m wiped. I’m just gonna call it a night.
噢,你真的不和我一起去霍利斯家…
Oh, are you sure you don’t wanna come by Hollis’ with me…
然后冷静一下吗?
…and shake off the adrenaline?
我想这样一晚就够一个英雄受的了
LAURIE: I think I’ve had enough hero stuff for one night.
你能听我诉苦帮了很大忙
It helped having you listen.
随时欢迎
DAN: Any time.
保重,丹
LAURIE: Take care, Dan.
这世道不太平
It’s a rough world out there.
回见
DAN: Be seeing you.
我想到了家人…
MARINER: I thought of my family…
…我的妻子,我的女儿们
… my wife, my daughters.
她们毫无防备,毫无怀疑
Vulnerable, unsuspecting.
等待着我的归来 而等到的只有迎面而来的…
Awaiting my return, only to be met by damnation…
…无尽的诅咒
… bearing down upon them.
嘿!
Hey!
我在这儿!
Over here!
这儿!
Here!
瑞德里
Ridley.
[MARINER GRUNTS]
船帆
A sail.
瑞德里给我带来了一片船帆
Ridley had brought me a sail.
或许这可以带我回到戴维斯敦
Perhaps this could be my route back to Davidstown.
我爱的一切,我为之而活的一切 都仰仗着我的归来…
Everything I loved, everything I lived for, depended on my reaching home…
…仰仗着我能比那可怕的黑货船早到
… in advance of that terrible Freighter.
直到早晨,我依然有着不少麻烦
The morning sun found me no less troubled.
在更远的海岸上…
Further down the shore…
…我的一些船员因臭气而膨胀
… some of my crew had become inflated with gas.
啊!
Ugh!
我为自己的这个想法而颤抖 尝试着去赶走这令人厌恶的念头
I shuddered at my own idea, attempting to banish this repulsive notion.
即便已死,他们依然努力履行他们的职责…
Even in death, they sought to fulfill their duty…
…去让我们的这艘船更有浮力
… making our vessel more buoyant.
而我会履行我那将他们带回家的职责
And I would do my duty to them in returning them home.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!