No.
恭喜,维特先生 曼哈顿博士的能量反应堆已经连上了
MAN: Congratulations, Mr. Veidt. Dr. Manhattan’s energy reactor is online.
你的支持和热情
Your support and your enthusiasm…
促成了这次成功
…is what has led to this triumph.
我们代表整个研究团队感谢您
On behalf of the research team, we salute you.
– 干杯 – 干杯
– Cheers. – Cheers.
生命中的什么不值得庆祝?
ADRIAN: What in life does not deserve celebrating?
这就是新的卡纳克(古埃及的首都)
This is the new Karnak.
代表了过去两千年里人类梦想的顶峰
This represents the culmination of a dream more than 2000 years old…
一个因为你们无私奉献才达到的顶峰
…a dream now assured because of your unquestioning assistance.
为此
And for this…
我遗憾地宣布
…I am ashamed…
你们的奖励将与你们的努力不相衬
…ashamed that you must now share such inadequate a reward.
为法老们干杯
To the pharaohs…
他们的秘密和被他们所托负的 衷心仆人一起
…their greatest secrets entrusted to their servants…
被活埋在了黄沙覆盖的沙丘下面
…buried alive with them in sand-floored chambers.
好梦,先生们
Sleep well, gentlemen.
我们的新的和平世界将受惠于此
Our new, peaceful world will be indebted…
为了你们的牺牲干杯
…to your great sacrifice.
布巴斯提斯(古埃及的猫神)
Bubastis.
罗夏日记,最后的记录
Rorschach’s journal. Final entry.
维特就是幕后主宰
Veidt’s behind everything.
为什么?
Why?
他到底想要什么?
What’s his endgame?
我想不出还有更可怕的对手
I cannot imagine a more dangerous opponent.
曾经开玩笑说他快到能抓住子弹
Used to joke he was fast enough to catch a bullet.
他自己就能够在雪地里干掉我们
He could kill us both alone in the snow.
那就是我们要去的地方:南极
That’s where we’re going now: Antarctica.
不管我今后是生是死
Whether I’m alive or dead upon this reading…
我希望这个世界能够坚持到 你们看到这本日记的时候
… I hope the world survives long enough for this journal to reach you.
我活的时候不妥协
I live my life free of compromise…
现在赴死的时候也不会后悔或抱怨
… and step into the shadow without complaint or regret.
罗夏,11月1号♥
Rorschach, November 1 st.
(纽约公报:苏联入侵阿富汗)
噢,愿上帝帮帮我们
Oh, God help us.
– 你今天是不是来早了,哈? – 是啊
– It’s a little early for you, huh? – Yeah.
我想上学之前看完那本书
I wanted to finish the story before school.
听着,这本书归你了,明白吗?
Listen, now you just keep it, okay?
– 哈? – 归你了
– Huh? – It’s yours.
我说,生命太短暂了,不是吗?
I mean, life’s too short, right?
是啊
Yeah.
呃…
Uh…
谢了,老兄
Thanks, man.
[MARINER SCREAMS]
为何死神弃我而去?
Why does death pass me by?
戴维斯敦?
Davidstown?
戴维斯敦
Davidstown.
我离那儿只有几里路
I was only miles away.
现在那镇子应该被占领了
By now the town was overrun.
那些恶魔们以为我已不是威胁
The fiends imagined themselves safe from me.
但现在我回家了
But now I was home.
我将要报仇雪恨
And revenge would be mine.
[HORSE NEIGHS]
不,那不是黑货船上的强盗
No, not the brigands from the Black Freighter.
这认得这个人,戴维斯敦的一个放债人
The man I recognized, a moneylender from Davidstown.
既然戴维斯敦一定被占领了
With Davidstown certainly captured…
为什么这恶棍和他的婊♥子♥…
… why would this scoundrel and his wench be allowed free passage…
…能自♥由♥地幽会?
… for this midnight tryst?
他和他们勾结了?
Had he collaborated?
他背叛了他的人♥民♥?
Had he betrayed my people?
– 还有我的家人? – 来抓我吧,宝贝
– My family? WOMAN: Come and get it, babe.
这儿
Here.
[WOMAN MO ANING]
[GASPS AND SCREAMS]
我的心变凉了
My heart grew cold.
在被这个通敌者和他的海盗主子 冷笑着杀死之前…
Was my wife comforted before her execution…
…我的妻子有没有得到过慰籍?
… while this collaborator and his pirate masters sneered?
我被迫作出决定,但这并不难
My decision was hurried, but not difficult.
你是谁?干什么?
MAN: Who are you? What?
[YELLING]
他的脑袋开了花 就如同他体内的罪孽炸开一般
His head burst, as if pressurized by the guilt within.
[GASPS]
[CHOKING]
海盗的婊♥子♥不值得同情
A buccaneer’s whore deserves no pity.
两个人骑马来了这儿
Two figures had ridden here.
回去的必须是两个人
Two must ride back.
海盗的哨兵
A pirate sentry.
我不急不忙地走以免怀疑
I trotted unhurriedly to avoid suspicion.
他们的暴行 不会因为戴维斯敦的好人而停止…
Their violation did not stop with the good people of Davidstown…
但却极深地伤害和影响了我热爱的家乡
… but had cut deeply, infecting my beloved homeland.
我的戴维斯敦已经和印象中的不一样了
My Davidstown was not as I last saw it.
它已经被黑货船的诅咒深深地折磨过
Already it was afflicted with the curse of the Black Freighter.
很快,我将会涉险走进这些住在我家里的 恶魔和刽子手中
Soon, I would venture amongst evil men, butchers who now reside in my home…
并让他们畏惧我
… and make them fear me.
当我到家时,我发现街道出奇地安静
Upon my return home, I found the streets conspicuously silent.
我静悄悄地进入我原本的住所
I entered my former residence noiselessly.
小小地避免把这些海盗屠夫们从他们 放纵的熟睡中惊醒
Careful not to rouse the pirate butchers occupying it from their debauched slumber.
毫无察觉死神已在他们身边
Unaware that death was amongst them…
他们还没明白个究竟 就已经尝到了死神的拥抱
… they would know its dark embrace without ever understanding why.
不过有一个人醒了,很慌张
One, however, was awake. Frantic.
为了避免他发出警报…
Lest he should raise alarms…
…我在他进入这被夜幕包围的房♥间时 就把他打倒了
… I set upon him as he entered the night-wrapped chamber.
没有海盗过来,但更糟的事情发生了
No pirates come, but something worse.
[GIRL GASPS]
父亲
Father?
我抬头看着这些熟悉的脸庞 因她们脸上的恐惧而住手
I look up into faces familiar, save for their terror.
从那无力而带血的唇中 她说出了我的名字
Through puffed and bloodied lips, she mouthed my name.
我的爱人,为什么?
My love, why?
突然我明白了一件事情 甚至让我来不及恢复神智
There came an understanding so large it left no room for sanity.
于是我跑了
So I ran.
她怎么了?
MAN 1: What’s happened to her?
是你
MAN 2: You.
了解到我的天谴已经占据了我 欢呼着庆祝它那可怕的胜利
The knowledge of my damnation paced me, shouting, celebrating its awful victory.
我的推论是完美的
My deduction was flawless.
黑货船的确是朝戴维斯敦航行的
The Black Freighter was heading to Davidstown.
– 它应该到了 – 他往这跑了
– It should have arrived. MAN 3: He went that way!
你就不能告诉我这怎么能够拯救世界吗?
LAURIE: Can’t you just tell me how this ends and save us the trouble?
结束的时候,你会流泪
JON: It ends with you in tears.
眼泪?你不回地球了?
Tears? So you don’t come back to Earth.
某种程度而言,是的
At some point, yes.
到处都会有死亡
The streets are filled with death.
乔,拜托
Jon, please.
你得阻止这一切,每个人都会死
You have to stop this. Everyone will die.
但是宇宙根本不会在意
And the universe will not even notice.
在我看来,生命的存在
In my opinion, the existence of life…
是一种成本过高的现象
…is a highly overrated phenomenon.
看看你的周围
Just look around you.
没有那么多微生物,火星是如此美丽
Mars gets along perfectly well without so much as a microorganism.
这儿,是一幅永远在变化的地形图
Here, it’s a constantly changing topographical map…
1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥年间都围绕着地级做着地壳运动
…flowing and shifting around the pole in ripples 10,000 years wide.
请告诉我
So tell me…
这一切怎能通过输油管道来美化呢?
…how would all of this be greatly improved by an oil pipeline?
或是购物中心?
By a shopping mall?
那就是说有奇迹发生是不可能的了?
So it’s too much to ask for a miracle?
奇迹,按照他们的定义,是无意义的
Miracles, by their definition, are meaningless.
我的上帝,乔!
Oh, God, Jon!
– 只有将要发生的才会发生 – 别再胡说八道
– Only what can happen does happen. – Just stop your bullshit.
停下这玩意,就现在
Land this thing. Now.
如你所愿
JON: As you wish.
你知道吗?
LAURIE: You know what?
你可以把我送回地球,让我和丹 和我妈妈
You can send me back to Earth to fry with Dan and my mom…
还有其他无用的人类一起被烤焦
…and all the other worthless humans.
不过你还是错了 你说这最后会以我的眼泪结束
But know that you were wrong. You said this ended with me in tears…
看:没有,可能你都说错了
…and look: Nothing. Maybe you were wrong about everything.
你抱怨我不以生命的视角来看待生命
You complain that I refuse to see life on life’s terms…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!