你还在怨恨我没有在医院里陪着你,不是吗?
You still resent my not being in the hospital with you, don’t ya?
不,我没有,我甚至都不记得了
No, I don’t. I don’t even remember.
是的,你不记得了
Yeah, you do.
你知道,这不是我的决定
You know it, uh… it wasn’t my decision.
你妈妈和我之间的事情失去了控制,那时我……
Things had gotten so out of hand between your mother and me by then that I…
我不想去你的房♥间把事情弄得更糟糕
Hell, I didn’t want to be in your room and make it worse.
我甚至连医院都不记得了
I don’t even remember the hospital.
我记得,那车翻转……
I remember, uh, the car flippin’ over…
被冲走
and gettin’ washed away.
就是这样
[Chuckles] That’s about it.
我在那天做了我一辈子都没做过的事
I did something that day that I’d never done in my life.
我没有告诉你妈妈真♥相♥
I didn’t tell your mother the truth.
请了病假,然后像去上班一样离开了
Called in sick, and then I left like I was going to work.
我没有告诉你妈妈我去奥拉的房♥子……
And I didn’t tell your mother I was going over to Olla’s house…
去拉一个新冰箱和制冰机……
to hook up a new fridge and an ice maker.
她肯定要勃然大怒!
– She’d have had a fit!
– [Sighs]
我是说,即使她知道我能够得到报酬……
I mean, even if she knew that I was getting paid for my time…
她还是会勃然大怒
she would have had a fit.
她要帮奥拉是可以接受的,但不能是我来帮
It was okay for her to help Olla. Oh, not for me.
明白吗?她的占有欲很强
See? She was very possessive that way.
姐♥妹♥们♥很风趣,你知道
Well, sisters are funny, you know.
在那种情形下我很乐意帮助,我需要额外的钱
Hell, in this case, I was happy to oblige. I needed the extra money.
而且这是奥拉的主意,不要让你妈妈知道
And it was Olla’s idea not to involve your mother.
这是奥拉的主意,叫我去说谎
It was Olla’s idea for me to lie.
我想这只需几个小时,然后我就去上班,告诉她我感到好多了
I figured it would take a couple hours. Then I’ll go to work, tell ’em I’m feeling better.
反正我……我告诉奥拉,我会早点过来,我做到了
Anyway, I… I told Olla I’d be over early, and I was.
但是那里没有人应门——门是开着的
But there was no answer. So, uh, the – the door was open.
我走进去,她正在楼上洗澡,所以我大声叫喊……
I go in. I hear that she’s up in the shower. So, I holler out…
那样她洗完澡出来后,就不会被我吓一跳……
you know, so that she won’t get scared when she comes out of the shower…
并且听到我在地下室工作
and hears me working down in the basement, and so forth.
反正我走下去,过了一会儿奥拉……
Anyway, I go down. After a while, Olla…
下到地下室来……
comes down to the basement…
穿着长袍
[Scoffs] In a robe.
嗯?
Huh?
她说她洗干净……给我
And she says that she got cleaned up… for me.
我想在那种情形下是很古怪的话
And I think that’s very odd to say under the circumstances.
但是我了解奥拉。不管怎样,奥拉说,“进展怎么样?”
But you know Olla. Anyhow, she says, “How’s it going?”
我说很好,过了一会儿她……
I said, ” Fine.” And, uh, after a while she…
对了,她问我要啤酒吗?她说,“你想要啤酒吗?”
Yeah, she asked me if I wanted a beer. She says, ” You want a beer?”
我说,“天啊,现在喝那玩意儿有点早啊,不是吗?”
I said, ” Geez, it’s a little early in the morning for that sort of thing, isn’t it?”
她说,“我又不是你的老板,你想要一瓶还是不要?”
She says, ” Well, I’m not your employer, am I? Do you want one or not?”
我说,“哦,去他的,为什么不呢?”那时觉得是个不错的主意
I said, ” Oh, well, what the hell. Why not?” It seemed like a good idea at the time.
她拿了两瓶啤酒回来
She comes back with two beers.
我告诉你,每次我喝完一瓶啤酒,手里就有另外一瓶
I tell ya, every time I finish a beer – foom! There’s another one in my hand.
上帝啊,我们到上面的厨房♥去,我在连接关节时遇到了困难……
Christ, now we’re up in the kitchen. And I’m havin’ trouble makin’ the joints connect…
我……因为我喝了四五瓶啤酒
I… ‘Cause I’m on my fourth or fifth beer.
我说“奥拉……”——事实上这是原原本本的话
And I said, “Olla-” In fact, this is exactly what I said.
我永远忘记不了
Oh, I’ll never forget this.
我说,“奥拉,如果我再喝多一瓶,我就要小睡一下了”
I said, ” Olla, if I have one more beer, I’m gonna have to take a nap.”
她说,“我奇怪什么能让你……
And she says, “I wondered what it would take…
“睡到床上去”
“to get you into bed.”

Hey.
当时我笑了。你知道,我……
Now, I laughed. You know, I…
她说,“不要告诉我你没有邪念,因为我会称你为骗子”
She says, “Don’t tell me it didn’t cross your mind, because I’ll call you a liar. ”
我要告诉你真♥相♥,我没有,从没……有!
Well, I’ll tell you the truth. It didn’t… ever!
是的,我发觉这个伴侣很诱人
Yeah, I found her company attractive.
但是上帝,没有真的……
But, Jesus, there was no real…
我没有……
[Mumbles] And I didn’t…
我不知道,我不想伤害她的感觉,你明白吗?
I don’t know. I didn’t want to hurt her feelings, you know?
我是说,毕竟她是你母亲的姐妹
I mean, after all, it was your mother’s sister.
反正我……呃……我不知道时间过了多久
Anyway, I, uh… I don’t know how much time passed.
我所知道的,是我在制冰机上花了很多时间才让它运作起来
All I know is that I am working like hell on that ice maker trying to get the damn thing going.
她说的事情就像……呃……
And she is saying things like, uh…
“如果调换位置,我的姐妹也会做出同样的事情来”
“lf the positions were reversed, my sister would be doing the same thing.”
你相信吗?在她们两个之间有些小过节……
Do you believe… You know, like this is some little thing between the two of…
我……我开始冒汗了,我的膝盖在颤抖,我不知道该如何是好
I… I started sweating. I tell you, my knees are shaking. I don’t know what the hell to do.
– 我不知道该走哪条路
– 这里不能吸烟,爸
– I don’t know which way to turn.
– There’s no smokin’in here, Pop.
– 啊?
– 不能吸烟
– Huh?
– No smoking.
那很好。减至一天四支
Oh, that’s good. Down to four a day.
然后……
And then… [Whistles]
她打开长袍
She opens the robe.
而我拿起工具——上帝啊,那个女人脱掉衣服后的诱惑力……
And I get a load – Oh, Jesus. God, that woman was put together…
是穿着衣服时所想像不到的
a hell of lot better than you’d think when she was just in a dress.
我告诉你,上帝,没有男人能够抗拒
I’m tellin’ya. Jesus, that’s hard for any man to resist.
我是说,我不知道你的情形,但是那对我来说可不得了
I mean… I don’t know about you… it sure as hell was for me.
好的,那么……
Yeah, well, that, uh…
那是很久以前的事了,爸
that’s a long time ago, Pop.
那么……
So…
[Whistles]
我们都没有听到你母亲进来了
Neither of us heard your mother come in.
全能的上帝啊
Oh, God Almighty.
她处于那种状态,你知道,她……
She was in such a state. You know, she…
她……她没有看着奥拉,她只是……
Sh… She… She didn’t really look at Olla. She just…
她看着我,她说,“霍华德进医院了”
She looked at me, and she said, “Howard’s in the hospital.”
接着在……在去医院的途中,她说……
And then on… on the way to the hospital, she said…
嗯,她哭了一阵子,但是……但是她……她只说……
Well, she cried a little bit. But… But she-she only said…
“为什么你不告诉我你没有去上班?
“Why didn’t you tell me that you weren’t going to work?
“他们告诉我你病了”
“They told me you were sick.”
上帝,我是如此的惭愧,我只是……
Oh, Christ, I was so ashamed. I just…
那是……那是不幸的一天,你知道吗?
It was… It was an unlucky day, you know?
糟糕的……时机
Bad… timing.
但是我告诉你,第一天在医院里……
But I tell you, that first day in the hospital…
你的母亲和我并肩站着听医生的报告
your mother and I stood side by side while those doctors reported to us.
大部分是坏消息,然而我们还是站在一起
And most of the news was bad. But still, we stood there together.
我们共同承受!
We took it together!
然后奥拉撒谎了
And then Olla lied.
上帝!奥拉告诉你的母亲……
God! Olla told your mother that… that…
我们过去有过外遇
we’d been having affairs in the past.
只有那一次,我尝试跟你母亲解释……
It was only that one time. I tr… Oh, I tried to explain to your mother…
确实发生过的事情
exactly how it happened.
你知道你母亲对我说……
You know what your mother said…
什么吗?
to me?
“我不想你再出现在我的身边
“I don’t want you around anymore.
“我一个人来承受这件事还……更好
“I’ll get through this thing alone… better.
“无论霍华德的情况怎么样”
“No matter what happens to Howard.”
我必须尊重她的意愿,霍华德
I had to respect her wishes, Howard.
我是说,无论我愿不愿意,我必须这样
I mean, whether I wanted to or not. I had to.
上帝,我一直在想,有一天……有……有……有……
Christ, I kept thinking, you know, someday-some-some-some-
真♥相♥大白后她会明白的
The truth will come out, you know, and she’ll understand.
我们都知道永远都不会有那一天,所以……
We both know that never happened, so…
[Door Opens]
菲尼根先生,打扰了,菲尼根先生,你有电♥话♥
Mr. Finnigan? Excuse me, Mr. Finnigan. Uh, you have a telephone call.
是菲尼根太太打来的。哦,你可以用那里的电♥话♥
It’s Mrs. Finnigan. Oh, you can use that phone right there.
是的,你好,这里一切顺利,你好吗?
Yeah, hi. Everything’s okay here. You all right?
嗯,我这就回医院。你想要我带些什么回去吗?
Um, I’m coming back to the hospital. Do you want me to bring you anything?
为什么?你应该睡个好觉的
Why? You should get a good night’s sleep.
– 凯西会没事的
– 我不呆在这里
– Casey’s gonna be all right.
– I’m not staying here.
那个疯子不断打电♥话♥来,我吓得要死
That crazy person keeps calling. I’m scared to death.
不要……不要接那个电♥话♥
Well, don’t, uh… don’t answer the phone, honey.
或许是那……那车的司机
Maybe it’s the… the driver from the car.
或许她感到……内疚之类的
Maybe she’s, uh, feeling guilty or something.
那是个男人
It’s a man.
那么不用担心
[Sighs] Well, don’t worry.
我是说,我在这里陪凯西
I mean, I’m here with Casey.
医生和护士都一直在那里跟他一起
The doctors and the nurses are there with him all the time.
– 他会没事的
– 不,我要来
– He’s gonna be all right.
– No, I’m comin’.
不——我希望你不要这样,亲爱的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!