No, no.
不 不生气
Please don’t be mad at me.
请不要生我的气
shh. Now… what if… what if I spoke to your parents, right?
如果… 我同你父母谈谈怎样?
May Maybe I can straighten things out, huh?
也许能理顺关系
Well, I ask them all the time but they said I still can’t come home.
我一直在求他们 但他们还是不让我回家
And my daddy’s… a lawyer.
我爸爸是律师
Brenda…
布伦达?
what if you were engaged to a doctor?
如果你跟一位医生订婚会怎样?
Will that change anything?
那样会不会改变什么?
What?
什么?
What if I went to your parents…
我去你父母那里…
and I spoke to your father…
同你父亲谈谈…
and I asked permission to marry you?
求他同意把你嫁给我
It’s empty.
是空的
Nobody here.
没有人
Dr. Conners, are you Lutheran?
考纳斯医生 你是路德教徒吗?
Yes, I I am a Lutheran,
是 我是路德教徒
but, please, call me Frank.
但是请叫我弗兰克
Frank, would you like to say grace?
弗兰克 你来祈祷好吗?
Unless you’re not comfortable.
除非你觉得不自在
Absolutely.
绝对可以
Two little mice fell into a bucket of cream.
两只老鼠掉进奶油桶里
The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned
第一只老鼠很快放弃 被淹死了…
but the second mouse, he struggled so hard
但是第二只老鼠拼命努力
that he eventually churned that cream into butter
把奶油搅拌成黄油
and he walked out.
它走了出来
Amen. Amen.
阿门 阿门
Amen. Oh, that was beautiful.
阿门 那很美…
The mouse, he churned that cream into butter.
老鼠把奶油搅拌成了黄油
That’s right.

That’s pretty good. Thank you.
那很不错 谢谢
Frank, have you decided which hospital…
你有没有决定想在新奥尔良的…
you want to work at here in New Orleans?
哪一家医院工作?
Well, um, to be quite honest
说实在的
I’m thinking about getting back into law.
我在考虑回到法律这行
Oh, my!
天啊!
Are you a doctor or a lawyer?
你是医生还是律师?
Before I went to medical school, I passed the bar in California.
我去医学院之前 在加州通过了律师考试
I practiced law for one year
我实习了一年
then I decided why not try my hand at pediatrics?
后来我决定为什么不试试当个儿科医生呢?
You’re just full of surprises.
你真让人惊奇
Yeah.
是啊
Oh, my. A doctor and a lawyer.
天呐 医生和律师
Well, I’d say that Brenda hit the jackpot.
布伦达中大奖了
Where did you go to law school?
你在哪儿上的法律学校?
Uh, Berkeley.
伯克利
Berkley, Berkley. Oh, my gosh.
伯克利 伯克利 天啊!
Isn’t that where you went, Daddy?
那不是你上学的地方吗 爸?
Maybe Frank could come work for you, Roger.
弗兰克可以帮你工作
You’re always saying how hard it is to find Assistant Prosecutors.
你总是说找助理起诉员有多难
Could he, Daddy? Could he, please?
他行吗 爸爸? 他行吗 求你了?
Could he come work with you, please?
他能为你工作吗? 求你了?
Was that snake Hollingsworth still teaching there
你在伯克利念书时
when you went through Berkley?
那个狡猾的霍灵斯沃还在教学吗?
Hollingsworth.
霍灵斯沃
Yes. Grumpy old Hollingsworth, right?
是的 坏脾气的老霍灵斯沃 对吗?
I tell you. Meaner than ever.
脾气更坏了
And that dog of his?
还有他的狗呢?
Tell me, Frank, what was the name of his little dog?
告诉我 弗兰克 他的狗叫什么名字?
I’m sorry. Uh…
对不起
The dog was dead.
狗死了
How unfortunate.
真是不幸
Yeah.
是啊
A doctor, a lawyer, a Lutheran…
一个医生 律师 路德教徒…
so what are you, Frank?
那么 你究竟是什么 弗兰克?
‘Cause I think you’re about to ask for my daughter’s hand in marriage
因为你要跟我女儿结婚…
and I have a right to know.
我有权利知道
Know what, sir?
知道什么 先生?
The truth.
事实
Tell me the truth, Frank.
告诉我事实 弗兰克
What are you doing here?
你在这儿做什么?
What is a man like you doing with Brenda?
像你这样的人在和布伦达做什么?
If you want my blessing
如果你想要我的祝福
if you want my daughter
如果你想要我的女儿…
I’d like to hear it from you now.
我想现在就听你说说
The truth is, sir, that…
事实是 先生…
The truth is that…
事实就是…
I’m not a doctor, I’m not a lawyer…
我不是医生 也不是律师
I’m not an airline pilot.
我也不是飞行员
I’m… I’m nothing, really.
我什么都不是
I’m I’m I’m just a kid who’s in love with your daughter.
我只是个爱你女儿的孩子
No.
不对
You know what you are?
你知道你是什么吗?
You’re a romantic.
你是个浪漫的人
Men like us are nothing without the women we love.
没有我们爱的女人 像我们这样的男人什么都不是
I must confess, I’m guilty of the same foolish whimsy.
我必须承认 我也为有这样愚蠢的内疚怪念头
I proposed to Carol after five dates
五次约会后我向卡罗尔求婚…
with two nickels in my pockets and holes in my shoes
口袋空空 一文不名
because I knew she was the one.
因为我知道她就是那个我要找的
so go ahead, Frank.
继续向前 弗兰克
Don’t be afraid.
不要害怕
Ask the question you came here to ask me.
提出你想跟我提的吧
sir, uh, uh…
先生…
w what would I have to do
我得做什么?
to take the bar here in New Orleans?
如果要想在新奥尔良当律师?
No, the… the other question.
不 别的问题
Right through that door.
穿过那门就是
Good luck, Mr. Conners.
祝你好运 考纳斯先生
Thank you.
谢谢
Hey, Frank…
弗兰克
you know what I could never figure out?
你知道我一直没明白的是什么吗?
How did you cheat on the bar exam in Louisiana?
你是怎么骗过律师考试的?
Why? What’s the difference?
有什么区别?
someone else took the test for you, didn’t they?
有人替你考试的 有吗?
Carl, I’m going to prison for a long time.
卡尔 我要被长时间地关在监狱里
seriously, what’s the difference?
说真的 知不知道有什么区别?
It’s a simple question.
就是个简单的问题
Are you going to eat that eclair?
你吃那小酶吗?
Yeah. I’m saving it for later.
是啊 我留着等会儿吃
Well, you want to split it with me?
或者你想分点给我?
No.
不想
Give me half that eclair and I’ll tell you.
把小酶给我一半我就告诉你
I’m going to figure it out sooner or later.
我早晚会想出来的
You’ll be working under Phillip Rigby in corporate law.
你在菲利浦·利戈比手下工作 负责企业法务
Why don’t you settle in, organize your desk?
你为什么不搬进来 布置一下办公桌?
Thank you.
谢谢
We’re having lunch at 12:30 with the Attorney General
我们12点30分与首席检察官和
and Governor McKeithen.
麦克森州长共进午餐
Himself. The Governor.
他本人 州长!
Did we spell it right?
我们拼写得正确吗?
You sure did.
非常对
Congratulations.
恭喜你
Thank you, sir. Welcome aboard.
谢谢 先生 欢迎你的加入
Look at this photograph, Mr. Stewart.
看这张照片 斯图尔特先生
It’s a photograph of Prentice York
这是张普林提斯约克的照片
where they found him, dead.
就是在那他们发现他死了
Now, here is an enlargement of part of that photograph.
这是照片的局部放大
This is a photograph of the defendant’s signature on a canceled check.
这是一张被告在作废支票上的签名照片
Now, here is an enlargement of that same signature
这是同一个签名的局部放大
which matches
与…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!