No, it’s not. How much can you know about yourself if you haven’t been in a fight?
我可不想死的时候身上连个疤都没有
I don’t wanna die without any scars.
来吧 快打我 趁我还有胆量
Come on. Hit me, before I lose my nerve.
– 天哪 这太疯狂了 我 – 那就疯一把 放马过来
– Oh, God. This is crazy. I… – So go crazy! Let it rip.
– 我不确定 – 我也不确定
– I don’t know about this. – I don’t either.
谁他妈的在乎啊 又没人看 你想那么多干嘛
Who gives a shit? No one’s watching. What do you care?
慢着 真是疯了 你想让我打你
Wait. This is crazy. You want me to hit you?
没错
That’s right.
打哪儿 打脸吗
Where? Like, in the face?
随便你
Surprise me.
这真是太他妈蠢了
This is so fucking stupid.
操♥他♥妈♥的
Motherfucker!
你居然打我耳朵
He hit me in the ear!
– 老天 对不起啊 – 嗷 天哪
– Well, Jesus, I’m sorry. – Ow! Christ!
为什么打耳朵啊 老兄
Why the ear, man?
– 我搞砸了 – 不 简直完美
– I fucked it up. – No, that was perfect.
不 没事
No, it’s all right.
真的很疼啊
It really hurts.
是吧
Right.
再来一下
Hit me again.
不 换你打我了 来吧
No, you hit me. Come on!
我们应该找机会再打一架
We should do this again sometime.
– 你的车呢 – 什么车
– Where’s your car? – What car?
我不知道Tyler怎么找到这个房♥子的
I don’t know how Tyler found that house,
他说他已经住了一年了
but he said he’d been there for a year.
看上去就像个快被拆的危房♥
It looked like it was waiting to be torn down.
多数窗子都用木板封着
Most of the windows were boarded up.
自从警♥察♥还是谁破门而入后 前门就没装过锁
There was no lock on the front door from when the police, or whoever, kicked it in.
楼梯好像随时都会塌
The stairs were ready to collapse.
我不知道房♥子是他的还是他偷住的
I didn’t know if he owned it or he was squatting.
哪个都不让我觉得意外
Neither would have surprised me.
就这儿 你的房♥间
Yep. That’s you.
那个房♥间是我的 那是厕所 可以吧
That’s me. That’s the toilet. Good?
好 谢谢
Yeah, thanks.
什么狗窝
What a shithole.
所有东西都坏了
Nothing worked.
开这盏灯 屋里另一盏灯就会灭
Turning on one light meant another light in the house went out.
没有邻居 附近只有一些仓库和一家造纸厂
There were no neighbors. Just some warehouses and a paper mill.
蒸气的恶臭 烂木屑的腐朽味道
That fart smell of steam. The hamster-cage smell of wood chips.
嘿 那边什么情况
Hey. What have we here?
– 嘿 你们好啊 – 嘿
– Hey, guys. – Hey.
一下雨 我们就得拉闸
Every time it rained, we had to kill the power.
一个月过去了 我都没想看电视
By the end of the first month, I didn’t miss TV.
我甚至不在意那已经不制冷 难闻的破冰箱
I didn’t even mind the warm, stale refrigerator.
下一个换我好吗
Can I be next?
没问题 兄弟
All right, man.
领带摘下来
Lose the tie.
夜晚 方圆半英里内只有我和Tyler
At night, Tyler and I were alone for half a mile in every direction.
雨水沿着石灰墙和灯架往下流
Rain trickled down through the plaster and the light fixtures.
木制的家具泡胀又收缩
Everything wooden swelled and shrank.
到处都是生锈的钉子 等着刺伤你的手肘
Everywhere were rusted nails to snag your elbow on.
之前的住户并不怎么出门
The previous occupant had been a bit of a shut-in.
– 嘿 伙计 看什么呢 – 听听这个
– Hey man, what are you reading? – Listen to this.
这是篇以人体器官作第一人称写的文章
It’s an article written by an organ in the first person.
“我是Jack的延髓
“I am Jack’s medulla oblongata.
没有我 Jack将无法控制他的心率 血压或者呼吸”
Without me, Jack could not regulate his heart rate, blood pressure or breathing.”
这样的文章有一整个系列
There’s a whole series of these.
“我是Jill的乳♥头♥”
“I am Jill’s nipples.”
“我是Jack的结肠”
“I am Jack’s colon.”
呵呵 “我得了癌症 害死了Jack”
Yeah. “I get cancer. I kill Jack.”
打架以后 你生活中其他一切事物的音量都减弱了
After fighting, everything else in your life got the volume turned down.
什么
What?
你可以应对所有问题
You could deal with anything.
那些报告写完了吗
Have you finished those reports?
如果你可以和任何人打 你想跟谁打
If you could fight anyone, who would you fight?
应该是跟我老板打
I’d fight my boss, probably.
是嘛
Really?
– 是啊 怎么了 你呢 – 我要跟我爸打
– Yeah. Why? Who would you fight? – I’d fight my dad.
我都不记得我爸了
I don’t know my dad.
我是说 我知道我爸 但
I mean, I know him, but…
我差不多六岁时 他就离开了
he left when I was, like, six years old.
娶了另一个女人 又生了孩子
Married this other woman and had some other kids.
他几乎每六年就得这么干一次
And he like did this every six years.
去新的城市 建立新的家庭
He goes to a new city and starts a new family.
这混♥蛋♥是在他妈的开连锁吧
Fucker’s setting up franchises!
我爸没上过大学 所以就一定要我去读
My dad never went to college, so it was real important that I go.
听起来很耳熟
That sounds familiar.
所以毕业后我打长途问他 “爸 现在我♥干♥什么去”
So I graduate. I call him up long-distance and say, “Dad, now what?”
– 他说”找工作啊” – 一样
– He says, “Get a job.” – Same here.
现在我25了 又打电♥话♥给他 “爸 现在呢”
Now I’m 25. Make my yearly call again. Say “Dad, now what?”
他说 “不知道 要不结婚吧”
He says, “I dunno. Get married. ”
你哪儿能结婚啊
You can’t get married.
我还是个30岁的大男孩
I’m a 30-year-old boy.
我们就是被女人养大的一代男人
We’re a generation of men raised by women.
难道换个女人就能解决我们的问题了吗
I’m wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.
一周多数时间 我们就是奥兹和哈里特
Most of the week, we were Ozzie and Harriet.
奥兹和哈里特 出自美国著名情景喜剧 其中两人是夫妻关系
但每周六晚上 我们就会找点儿事做
But every Saturday night, we were finding something out.
我们越发发现其实我们并不孤独
We were finding out more and more that we were not alone.
以前我总是愤怒或沮丧地回家
It used to be that when I came home angry or depressed.
我只会打扫公♥寓♥ 擦亮我的斯堪的纳维亚家具
I’d just clean my condo, polish my Scandinavian furniture.
我本该在找一间新公♥寓♥
I should have been looking for a new condo.
我本该追着保险公♥司♥讨价还价
I should have been haggling with my insurance company.
我本该为那些被烧毁的高级蠢玩意儿心烦
I should have been upset about my nice flaming little shit,
但我没有
but I wasn’t.
办公自动化的基本前提就是更高效地完成任务
The basic premise of cybernetting any office is make things more efficient.
周一早上 我满脑子想的都是下个星期
Monday mornings, all I can do is think about next week.
可以把图标做成菊蓝色的吗
Can I get the icon in cornflower blue?
当然可以
Absolutely.
各位 效率是第一要素
Efficiency is priority No. 1, people.
因为浪费就是偷盗
Because waste is a thief.
我已经给这位朋友展示过了 你很喜欢 对吧
I showed this already to my man here. You liked it, didn’t you?
在你觉得恶心之前 能生吞多半升的鲜血
You can swallow a pint of blood before you get sick.
一切都写在大家的脸上 我和Tyler只是让其显现出来而已
It was right in everyone’s face. Tyler and I just made it visible.
一切都在大家的嘴边 我和Tyler只是赋予了它一个名字
It was on the tip of everyone’s tongue. Tyler and I just gave it a name.
好了 同志们 你们该回家了
Come on, people, you’ve gotta go home!
点唱机关了 后门锁上
Turn off the jukebox. Lock the back.
每周 Tyler都会宣读我俩定的规矩
Every week, Tyler gave the rules that he and I decided.
先生们
Gentlemen!
欢迎来到搏击俱乐部
Welcome to Fight Club.
搏击俱乐部的第一条规定是
The first rule of Fight Club is…
禁止谈论搏击俱乐部
you do not talk about Fight Club.
搏击俱乐部的第二条规定是
The second rule of Fight Club is…
禁止谈论搏击俱乐部
you do not talk about Fight Club!
第三条规定
Third rule of Fight Club:
有人喊停 瘫软 拍地认输 搏斗就得结束
someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
第四条规定 每场仅限两人
Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight.
第五条 一次一场 伙计们
Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas.
第六条 脱掉衬衫 脱掉鞋子
Sixth rule: no shirts, no shoes.
第七条 搏斗没有时间限制
Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to.
第八条 也是最后一条规定
And the eighth and final rule…
如果这是你第一晚来搏击俱乐部
if this is your first night at Fight Club,
就必须打
you have to fight.
办公室的小弟Ricky
This kid from work, Ricky,
连你要的是蓝笔还是黑笔都记不住
couldn’t remember whether you ordered pens with blue ink or black.
但他暴打当地美食广场领班的
But Ricky was a god for ten minutes
那十分钟简直犹如战神附体
when he trounced the maitre d’ of a local food court.
在呐喊声中 有时你听到的只是沉闷用力的重击声
Sometimes, all you could hear were the flat, hard, packing sounds over the yelling.
或是干咳着 血腥四溅的哽咽声
Or the wet choke when someone cough breath and sprayed…

Stop!
在那里你比在任何地方都具有生命力
You weren’t alive anywhere like you were there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!