我叫梅维斯
My name is Mavis.
但如果你要写我的名字
But if you were to write it out,
你可以把名字里的I写成1
you would write it with a 1 and not an I.
是的 我知道
Yeah, I know.
你对梅维斯系列机器人很熟悉 真高兴
You are familiar with the Mav1s line. Delightful!
你们应该是下一个奇迹
You guys were supposed to be the next amazing thing.
不敢相信我正在跟其中一个说话
I can’t believe I’m talkin’ to one.
但如果你要写我的名字
But if you were to write it out,
你可以把名字里的I写成1
you would write it with a 1 and not an I.
是的 你说过了
Yeah. You said that.
很多年前 我被一个东西咬成了两半
Years ago, I was bitten in half
我甚至没有机会认出那是什么
by something I did not get a chance to name.
我为了安全才爬到这里 然后关掉了电源
I crawled here for safety and powered down,
希望有人有一天能找到我
hoping someone would one day find me.
现在你就来了
And here you are!
神奇
Amazing.
乔尔 除了跟我谈话以外
Joel, besides conversing with me,
当然我对此非常感激
for which I am eternally grateful,
我能问一下你离开基地是为了什么
may I ask what you are doing outside of your colony?
可以啊
Yeah, um…
你偷过食物吗
Did you steal food?
没有
No.
没有 我没偷过任何食物
No, I didn’t steal any food.
事实上 我在找人 找一个女孩
Um, I’m actually on a quest… to find a girl.
为什么乔尔
Why, Joel,
有一个可爱的女士俘获了你的心吗
a lovely lady has caught your eye!
她叫什么名字
What is her name?
她叫艾米 名字里一个I两个E
Uh, her name’s Aimee. With one I and two E’s.
她听起来是个很棒的人 乔尔
She sounds like an incredible person, Joel.
有什么我能帮到你的 在你寻找
Is there anything I can do to assist you
名字里有一个I两个E的艾米的过程中
in your quest for Aimee with one I and two E’s?
不用了 很感谢你梅维斯
Nope. Appreciate it, Mav1s,
但是很遗憾没有能帮到我的地方
but, uh, unfortunately not.
除非你刚好有SK-21收音机的电源
Unless you happen to have a power source to an SK-21 ham radio handy.
哦不 但
Oh, no, but…
我将很荣幸地把我剩余的电量捐献给你
I would be honored to donate my remaining power to you
如果对你寻找名字里有一个I两个E的艾米
if it would help you with your quest
有帮助的话
for Aimee with one I and two E’s.
她可能会以为我现在已经疯了
She probably thinks I’ve been devoured by now.
噢 这太令人激动了
Oh, this is all so exciting!
-连上了 -万岁
– It’s working. – Hooray!
3022 3022收到请回答
3022? Come in, 3022.
-乔尔 -艾米 嗨 嗨
– Joel? – Aimee! Hey. Hey.
你基地里的朋友告诉我你会到我这边来
Your colony told me you were coming here.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
我很担心你 听到你的声音太好了
I was worried. It’s so good to hear your voice.
我也很高兴听到你的声音
Yeah, it’s good to hear yours, too.
是的我还活着 我挺好的 我没问题
Yeah, I’m alive. I’m good. I’m okay.
我不敢相信你真的这么做了
I-I-I can’t believe you’re actually doing this.
我知道 这很疯狂
I know. It’s crazy.
艾米 我已经等不及要告诉你一切了
Aimee, I cannot wait to tell you everything.
我感觉我现在完全变成了另一个人
I feel like a whole new man, you know?
你应该看看我在外面的时候
You should see me out here.
我和怪物搏斗
I’m fighting monsters.
我现在在一个汽车旅馆里
I’m in a motel right now
跟一个机器人和一只狗一起
with a robot and a dog.
什么 听起来太疯狂了
What? That sounds crazy.
你离詹纳 Beach有多远
How far are you from Jenner Beach?
有多远 我在靠近了 我
Um, how far? I’m getting close. I’m, um…
我离你有9.3英里
I’m 9.3 miles to you.
乔尔听着 我有个超级好的消息
Joel, listen. I have amazing news.
几天前出现了一些幸存者 他们在找我们
Some survivors showed up a few days ago, and they’re rescuing us.
他们能把我们救出去
They’re gonna get us out of here!
它们真的在帮我解决基地的生存问题。
They’re really helping me with the colony.
救你出去 你是什么意思
Oh. Okay, g-getting you out of there? What do you mean?
我记不清上次是什么时候了
I can’t remember the last time I actually
我真的感觉一切都开始变得
felt like everything was going to be…
什么 艾米
Wh… Aimee?
艾米 艾米
Aimee? Aimee?

Shit.
我的电池自动关闭了
My battery has automatically shut down
是为了保持我最后15分钟的能量
in order to preserve my final 15 minutes of power.
-我很抱歉 乔尔 -不 没事的梅维斯
– I am very sorry, Joel. – No, it’s okay, Mav1s.
你不用
You don’t have to…
乔尔
Joel?
我很久没到外面去过了
I haven’t been outside in a very long time.
是的 我也是
Yeah. I hadn’t, either.
-放你在这儿 -有什么事情在困扰你吗乔尔
– There you go. – Is something troubling you, Joel?
任何事你都可以告诉我
You can tell me anything,
我是个善解人意的倾听者
as I am an empathetic listener.
而且
Also,
我的记忆库在14分钟内就会被永久删除了
my memory banks will be permanently erased in 14 minutes.
你知道那种感觉吗
You know that feeling where you just
当你全心全意的做一件事
completely put yourself out there?
而且你十分确信就该这么做
You know? And you’re so sure of it.
就当你快要完成的时候
And… right when you’re about to cross the finish line,
你突然觉得 这或许是我做过最蠢的事
you just think is this the dumbest… thing I ever could’ve done?
我不觉得这样很蠢 乔尔
I don’t think it’s dumb, Joel.
我觉得很浪漫
I think it’s romantic.
对吧 你看 你能懂吧
Right, see? Yeah, okay, you get it.
浪漫 这正是 算了
Romantic, that’s what… Yeah.
你要放弃你的寻找之旅了吗 乔尔
Do not give up on your quest, Joel.
当你见到她的时候
When you see her,
她会欣赏你这趟饱含的浪漫
she will appreciate the grand romantic gesture implied
寻找之旅
by your journey
她会被你的善良和领导力打动
and be moved by your kindness and leadership qualities.
谢谢你 梅维斯
Thanks, Mav1s.
另一个可能是艾米看不到你身上这些品质
Another option is that Aimee will not see those qualities in you
你白白奔波了这么远
and you will have traveled a great distance
只能以失望告终
only to be met with disappointment.
但你也许会在这一路上收获宝贵的经验
Perhaps you will have learned valuable lessons along the way?
好吧
Okay.
第三种可能是你根本没能活下去
A third option is that you don’t survive the journey at all
被变异的昆虫吃掉了
and get eaten by mutated insects…
-好吧 那个是 我知道 -两栖类
– Okay, that’s… I get it. – …amphibians…
让你死去的方式有太多了
There are so many ways you could perish.
我知道了
I get it.
谢谢
Thanks for the…
谢谢你说的
Thanks for that.
想看个特技吗 乔尔
Would you like to see a trick, Joel?
好啊
Sure.
你的全名是什么 你出生在哪里
What is your full name, and where were you born?
乔尔·道森 费尔菲尔德市 加利福利亚
Uh, Joel Dawson. Fairfield, California.
你的父母真有爱啊 乔尔
What lovely parents you had, Joel.
天呐
Oh, my God. Wow.
我都没有照片
I don’t even have a picture.
乔尔 如果现在可以的话
What would you say to your mother now, Joel,
你想跟你母亲说点什么
if you had the chance?
我应该会告诉他我现在很好
I guess I’d tell her I’m okay.
我到了一个幸存者基地
I made it to a colony.
遇见了很多非常 非常好的人
Met a lot of really, really good people
他们把我照顾得很好
who took really good care of me.
但他们也失去了很多
They also lost a lot, so…
我真的好想你们
And I miss you guys so much.
对不起
I’m so sorry.
看 是空水母
Oh, look! Sky Jellies!
他们是无害的 看起来十分可爱
They’re harmless and quite lovely.
你好 家犬
Oh! Canis familiaris!
你找到了我的脚 谢谢你
You found my foot. Thank you.
那是我的狗 很讨人喜欢
That’s my dog. He’s delightful.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!