群众才会支持你 是不是? 你还想要什么
You got the support of the crowd, haven’t you? What more do you want?
你自找的 – 别 老兄
You’ve asked for this. – Don’t let me out.
我老婆还指望我生小孩呢
My wife’s gonna have a baby.
听着 歹徒 不要激动
Now, listen, tiger, don’t get all het up.
别忘了这场打斗是设计好的 我会在这里失去上风
This fight is fixed, remember? This is where I take a dive,
你把我一拳打晕
and you knock me out cold!
真的? – 当然
For real? – Naturally.
当警♥察♥来的时候 我必须把真实的肿块秀给他们看
When the police come, I’ll have to show them a real lump.
是的 我知道你会喜欢这个部分
Yes, I thought you’d like this bit.
你说的很对
You’re dead right.
那么 我用什么呢
Now, what shall I use?
拜托别用我的乳白玻璃灯
Not my opaline, if you don’t mind.
在那里 最经典的钝器
There it is. The original blunt instrument.
拨火棍
The poker.
好了 打哪里? – 等等
Right. Now, where do you want it? – Now steady.
别得意忘形
Now, don’t get carried away.
要知道我们并不是在谈论谋杀的工具
It’s not a murder weapon you are talking about, you know?
不是吗 – 不
No? – No.
我们在讨论我以前看到过的一种经典方法
We’re discussing an object from which I receive,
用那东西轻轻地一击
in the classic formula, a glancing blow,
可以留下伤疤但是不会造成致命伤
which will raise a lump without actually cracking the cranium.
为什么不让我轻轻的敲你的头
Why don’t I just keep tapping you lightly on the head
直到肿块长出来呢?
with the poker, until a lump comes up?
老实说 我更乐意完全不挨打
Quite frankly, I’ve rather gone off the whole thing.
你可以把我绑住 塞住我的嘴巴
Now, I know, you can always tie me up and gag me and leave me
等到打扫卫生的女人来发现我
to be found by the cleaning woman.
上帝 怀克先生 你怎么了?
“Lords of mercy, Mr Wyke!
你怎么像只火鸡一样地被捆在这儿
“Whatever do we be doing there all trussed up like a turkey cock?
噢 上帝保佑你 先生
“God bless you, sir. You’re trying out something
你又在表演你新书中的情节了吗
“for one of them creepy new books of yours.
我知道 放心 我不会打扰您的
“I know, now don’t you mind me. I won’t disturb thee.
我去打扫卫生了
“I’ll just be getting on with me dusting.”
安德鲁 如果我没有把你打晕 我怎么把你捆住?
Andrew, if I don’t knock you out, how have I tied you up?
这个问题问的好
That’s a very good question.
想想 你可以用一支枪对准我
Come to think of it, you could always hold a gun on me.
但我们职业强盗 并不是很喜欢用枪
We professional burglars don’t fancy firearms much.
更何况我们是英国人
We are English, after all.
你可以试试摆脱你那英国人的做派
You could always conquer your Anglo-Saxon scruples.
再说了 在斗争的时候
Besides, it will be my own revolver, which you had taken from me
你拿走的是我的左轮手♥枪♥
during the struggle.
有子弹吗? – 当然
Is that loaded? – Well, of course.
不然有什么用
What would be the use of it, otherwise?
而且我觉得在搏斗的时候 它应该发那么一两枪
And I think it ought to go off once or twice as we tussle,
打碎一些物价的传家宝贝
blowing to smithereens the usual priceless heirlooms.
为什么 – 增强故事的真实性
Why? – To lend credence to my story
然后你就绑住我 堵住我的嘴巴
of your holding it on me, while you gagged me and tied me up.
好吗 – 嗯嗯 我觉得行
All right? – Yeah. Yeah, I suppose so.
好了 现在 打哪里呢
Right. Now, what to sacrifice?
这个老家伙怎么样?
What about this old codger up here?
赶紧放下
Put that down at once!
那是我的埃德加·爱伦坡文学奖杯
That’s my Edgar Allan Poe award,
美国侦探作家协会颁发给我的
given me by the Mystery Writers of America
获奖小说是麦瑞德最大的胜利之一《杰克·斯普拉特之死》
for one of Merridew’s greatest triumphs, The Slaying of Jack Sprat.
讽刺的是 他根本就不吃肥肉
Ironically enough, for one who would eat no fat,
却是被一针浓缩的胆固醇针剂注射而死的
he was murdered by an injection of concentrated cholesterol.
现在
Now.
你说把那个华而不实的斯旺西老七巧壶打破怎么样?
What do you say to the demolition of that gaudy, old Swansea puzzle jug?
七巧壶?
Puzzle jug?
为了更真实一点 倒点水放里面
To solve the puzzle, pour some water out of it.
很有趣 – 玛格丽特觉得这很高明
Very funny. – Marguerite thought it clever.
这也彰显了玛格丽特身上的一些特质
Which ought to tell you something about Marguerite.
让我们把它的缺点都暴露出来吧
Let us expose its shortcomings.
你应该说射的真准
Well, you might’ve said good shot.
你这该死的疯子 你差点就杀死我了
You bloody maniac! You could’ve killed me!
胡说 千里眼怀克是不会打偏的
Tut. Not dead-eyed Wyke, the demon gunman of Cloak Manor.
接下来该射什么呢
Now, what next?
我们在威尼斯蜜月的最后一个纪念品
The last tender memento of our Venetian honeymoon.
我忍♥不住了
I will not resist the temptation.
我真的是弹无虚发
Shucks. Gosh darn, if I ain’t missed the dog-gone critter.
你的枪法确实很准
You hit what you were aiming for, all right.
别唧唧歪歪的 麦洛
Now don’t be peevish, Milo.
没有什么比破坏更令人开心的了
There’s nothing like a little bit of mayhem to cheer one up.
你听说过查理·贝比吗 – 你明知我不知道
Did you ever know Charlie Begby? – You know damned well I didn’t.
他是我所见过的最好的枪手
He was the very finest shot I ever did see.
我曾经看他喝的烂醉的时候 一枪打了六只鸭子
I once saw him bag six ducks with one shot, when he was blind drunk.
只不过 那些都是他姑妈
The only thing was, they were china ducks
画室里的瓷器鸭子
in his auntie’s drawing room. And I said,
我对他说 查理 你不能这样 现在是禁猎期
“But Charlie, you can’t do that. It’s the closed season.”
跟你说过 他听我说笑话的时候就会笑
Told you he always laughs at my jokes.
就算一点儿也不好笑
Even the bad ones.
此话不假 确实没那么好笑
True, not as funny as all that.
有些动物在全年都是狩猎期
There’s an open season all the year round for some creatures.
比如花♥花♥公♥子♥和小三
Seducers and wife-stealers, for example.
这是个典型的蹩脚意大利笑话
Now, that’s a bad Italian joke.
你最清楚了不是吗? 那是你的祖籍
You should know, it’s your country of origin, is it not?
不 事实上 我是英国人 我是出生在这里
No, actually, I’m English. I was born here in England.
真的?
Were you now? Actually?
出生在古老的 议会制度的发源地
Born in dear old, cradle-of-the-parliamentary-system
上了我老婆 好白菜给猪拱了的英国?
who-screws-my-wife, merits-a-large-pink-gin, England?
我说的是充满幽默感 公平竞争的英国
Sense-of-humour, fair-play England, I mean.
你相信吗 那是外国人的说法
Don’t you believe it. That’s the way a foreigner talks.
事实上他心底真正的想法是 这肮脏阴暗的国家
What he really thinks in private is, “Filthy, wet country!
丑陋的 激进又冷酷的人
“Ugly, red, cold men
他们不知道如何对待他们的柔弱的 娇艳的 冷淡的女人
“who don’t know how to treat their pale, pink, cool women.”
那是什么导致了这一切?
And what brought all this on, then?
你拿着这枪干什么 – 当然是对着你
What are you doing with that gun? – Pretty obviously pointing it at you.
我知道 但为什么
I can see that, but why?
因为我要杀你啊
Because I’m gonna kill you.
你要杀我?
You are gonna kill me?
上帝 又开始新的游戏了吗
Jesus, here we go again with another one of your games.
新的? 不 还是同一个
Another one? No, it’s the same one.
我们已经玩了一个晚上的
We’ve been playing it all evening. It’s called,
叫做”你要死了 没人会怀疑是谋杀”
“You’re going to die, and no one will suspect murder.”
你的意思是偷珠宝的那些都是…
You… You mean all that steal the jewel stuff was just…
我邀请你到这来是让你自掘坟墓
I invited you around here to set up the circumstances of your own death.
小偷破门而入 打扮成那样子 把珠宝装入口袋
The break-in, the disguise, jewels in your pocket,
户主醒来了 和小偷开始争斗
the house-holder aroused, grappled with the thief,
在斗争的时候枪走火了 然后被一枪致命
and gun going off during the struggle and then the final fatal shot.
得了吧 安德鲁 看在上帝的份上
Knock it off, Andrew, for God’s sake.
这可不好笑 – 可不是嘛
It ain’t funny no more. – It ain’t, ain’t it?
这计划有什么缺陷吗? – 玛格丽特
Can you find a flaw in it? – Marguerite.
警♥察♥会调查出我和玛格丽特的关系
The cops’ll trace a connection between Marguerite and me.
胡说 – 他们就会知道你的动机了
What nonsense. – They’ll know that’s why you did it.
我怎么会知道你是谁
How was I expected to know who you were?
法律会对我从宽处理的
The law will have every sympathy for me.
财产在英国往往比人的性命更被重视
Property’s always been more highly regarded in England than people.
即使是玛格丽特也会认定你泡她
Even Marguerite will assume that you were,
只是想来偷她的宝石
after all, just an adventurer after her jewels.
一个顺手牵羊的小偷
A petty sneak thief,
他最终发现了盗窃比结婚更加轻松
who, in the end, found larceny less burdensome than matrimony.
就像你发现谋杀比付离婚生活费更轻松一样?
The way you’re finding murder less burdensome than alimony?
笑对逆境 很好
Wit in the face of adversity. Good!
你真的从英国人那里学到了不少东西
You’ve learnt something from the English.
噢 还有一个机会
And here’s something else, a sporting chance.
为什么不试着逃跑
Why don’t you make a run for it?
然后给你一个残忍♥地杀死我的机会?
And give you the chance to shoot me down in cold blood?
应该是热情地杀死 但我会告诉你我该怎么做
Hot blood, you mean. But I’ll tell you what I’ll do.
我会闭上我的眼睛 慢慢的数到20
I’ll close my eyes, and count up to 20 slowly.
这样你就有了机会 快点吧 麦洛 走
That should give you a reasonable chance. Go on, Milo, off you go.

One.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!