我从没见过任何人像他那样穿过人群
I never seen a guy walk through a crowd like he does.
他一个人都不碰
He doesn’t touch a fucking person!
所有人都自觉让路
Everybody gets out of the way.
我没开玩笑 我发誓
I’m not kidding you. I swear.
那些人和他素不相识 就像
Guys he never met in his life. You know, it was like…
就像摩西 记得摩西吗
like Moses. Remember Moses?
他走进海洋还是大海
When he walked into the ocean, the sea,
不管是什么 水面就分开了
whatever the fuck it was, and it opened up!
就是他 相信我 吉米 他有那能力
That’s him. I’m telling you. Jimmy, he’s got it.
你觉得如何
So, what do you think?
你还需要他在这待几天吗
You need him a couple of days more?
是的 我们还有一些零碎的事要处理
Yeah, we gotta clear up a few dribs and drabs.
你们真喜欢西瓜啊
You guys sure like watermelon.
想吃一口吗
Want a bite?
决不
Not on your life.
你当时在场 你亲眼看到了
You were there. You saw it firsthand.
那些人不是工会
Those guys ain’t union.
他们就像是纳粹同谋 在战场后方行动
They’re like Nazi collaborators, operating behind the lines.
-你懂的 你打过仗 -没错
– You know. You were in the war. – I sure do.
在战争期间 你从一个地方转移到另一个地方
In a war, you go from point A to point B.
有时候
Sometimes,
你会在路上洒一些啤酒
you spill a little beer along the way.
你觉得这哲学有道理吗
That philosophy make sense to you?
当然
Sure does.
很好
Good.
吉米 他不是因为喜欢我
Jimmy, he didn’t make me stay in his suite
而让我住他的套房♥
because he liked me.
他让我跟他一起住是因为他不想让我
He made me stay with him because he didn’t want me
用我的名字在酒店登记
registering in my name at the hotel.
这样 就没有证据证明我去过芝加哥
This way, there was no proof I was even in Chicago.
加油 吉米 你落后好多
Come on, Jimmy, you’re way behind.
什么都阻止不了她
Nothing stops her.
芝加哥那事之后 我和吉米走得更近了
After Chicago, Jimmy and I got close.
老婆们也相处得很融洽
The wives hit it off.
因为吉米和约瑟芬的孩子
And with Jimmy and Josephine’s kids
大多已成年 离开了家
mostly grown up and out of the house,
他们从我们孩子身上也获得不少乐趣
they got a kick out of our kids too.
吉米 佩琪 来拍张照
Jimmy, Peggy, let’s get a picture.
“约”·霍法
好 快来
Oh. Yes. Come on.
尤其是佩琪
Especially Peggy.
她和吉米 他们一下就喜欢上了对方
She and Jimmy, they fell for each other right away.
你知道比起拍照我更喜欢什么吗
You know what I like even better than getting my picture took?
什么
What?
惊喜吧
Surprise!
佩琪
Peggy!
对佩琪来说 吉米不像罗素
To Peggy, Jimmy wasn’t like Russ,
韦尔冰淇淋店
不像瘦子也不像我
or Skinny or even me.
抱歉各位 这是买♥♥给我和佩琪的
Sorry, everybody. This is just for Peggy and I.
一方面 吉米没有绰号♥
For one thing, Jimmy didn’t have a nickname
比如”剃刀”或者”钟楼怪人”
like “The Razor,” Or “The Hunchback,”
或者”黄鼠狼”亦或者”悄悄话”
or “The Weasel,” Or “Whispers.”
怎么不说谢谢
So what happened to “Thank you”?
谢谢
Thank you!
还有 对她来说 他是在帮助人
And also, to her, he was helping people.
他在帮他们赚更多钱 过得更好
He was helping them make more money, live better lives.
他没有踩别人的手
He wasn’t stomping on somebody’s hand.
“如果你买♥♥东西 卡车会把东西送过去”
“‘If you have it, a truck brought it to you.”
这是霍法先生说的
This is what Mr. Hoffa says.
职业介绍日 1960年
他是卡车司机工会的主席
He’s the president of the Teamsters Union
成员超过一百万
with over a million members.
他们都支持他因为他们有稳定的工作
They all support him because they have steady jobs,
我是吉米·霍法的朋友
丰厚的薪水以及退休后的养老金
great pay and a pension for when they retire.
卡车司机养老基金
The Teamster Pension Fund
有八十亿美元
had eight billion dollars in it.
全部都由吉米控制
And Jimmy had complete control over every bit of it.
沙丘酒店
这模型是不是很美
Isn’t this a beautiful presentation?
我只想要一笔过渡性贷款 吉米
I mean, a bridge loan is really all I’m asking, Jimmy.
我不会把工会成员的养老金
I’m not gonna piss away my members’ pension dough
投资在风险过大的项目上
on something too risky.
这没有风险 吉米
This is not a risk, Jimmy.
《明斯基的荒唐事》这个节目是我的
I got Minsky’s Follies.
赌城大道第一个露乳舞♥女♥秀是我的
I got the first topless act on the Strip.
相信我 我们在那的生意可好了
I’m telling you, we’re booming in there.
酒都卖♥♥不过来…
I can’t get the drinks out…
我就想要建一个高尔夫球场
Just asking for a golf course.
你知道我从未让你损失一分钱
You know you never lost a dime with me.
吉米 我们会很感激
Jimmy, we’d really just appreciate
你帮杰克做的事的
whatever you could do to help Jake along here.
我只需要150万的完工保证金
One-five is all I need for a completion bond.
好吧 去拿钱吧
Okay. Okay. Go to the bank.
谢谢 这个项目会大获成功的
Thank you. It’s gonna be a big success.
谢谢你 吉米 你是王子
Thank you, Jimmy. You’re a prince.
-你是好人 -是的 我是好人
– You’re a mensch. – Yeah, I’m a mensch.
多亏了霍法先生
And, because of Mr. Hoffa,
工人生病时有医疗保险
workers have medical insurance for when they get sick,
他们知道退休后 不会挨饿
and know when they retire, they’re not going to go hungry.
当时有太多的文书工作
There was so much paperwork back then
吉米只能用一个叫艾伦·多夫曼的年轻人开的
that Jimmy had to use an insurance company
一家保险公♥司♥来处理贷款
that was run by this kid, Allen Dorfman, to work out the loans.
不 一分钱都不借
No, no, nothing for nothing.
下次 试试口气好一点
Next time, try asking a little bit fucking nicer.
艾伦·多夫曼 1979年
在芝加哥的一处停车场头中八枪身亡
然后呢 进展如何
And? And? How’d it go?
情况一度很危急
It was a little touch and go for a little bit.
-但是最后还是顺利达成了 -很好
– But at the end, fine. – Good.
是罗素让吉米
It was Russ who got Jimmy
给戈特利布这样的人贷款
to give guys like Gottlieb the loans,
他能分到一成
and, you know, he would get like 10% of that.
我也不知道 也许更多
Or whatever, you know. Maybe more.
听着 你告诉马尔特杜佐我很感激
Listen, you tell Marteduzzo from me that I appreciate it.
人人都会感激
And everybody’s gonna appreciate it.
这是好事
It’s a good thing.
行 我会的
Okay. I’ll do that.
那时 你不能去普通银行
Back then, you couldn’t go to regular banks
因为钱是用来赌博的
because the money was for gambling.
千真万确 就是这样 我没开玩笑 不能去
God’s truth, that’s what it was. I’m serious. You couldn’t.
所以黑♥手♥党♥ 他们怎么办呢
So the Mob, what did they do?
他们找卡车司机工会贷款
They went to the Teamsters for the money.
是卡车司机工会介入其中
It was the Teamsters that stepped in
他们借出的钱打造了拉斯维加斯
and lent the money that built Las Vegas.
-这是红木 -别 比利
– This is the mahogany… – Don’t, Billy.
-别碰 -我不碰
– Don’t touch the stuff. – I won’t.
-该上哪去上哪去 -好
– Just go where you gotta go. – Okay.
当时的生意多得让人应接不暇
There was more business than anybody could handle.
所以吉米把一些生意
So Jimmy had to shove some of the deals
塞给了他老婆约
off on to his wife Jo,
她完全不知道
who had no idea she had 22%
她拥有一个叫”太阳谷”的
of a Florida land deal
佛州土地交易公♥司♥22%的股份
called “Sun Valley,”
几艘包租渔船
some charter fishing boats,
以及一个带私家雪山的滑雪度假屋
and a ski lodge with its own mountain.
吉米有个客户叫山姆·詹卡纳 绰号♥”莫莫”
One of Jimmy’s clients was Sam “Momo” Giancana,
他和肯尼迪家族是世交
who was friends with the Kennedys from back
这两家自约翰·肯尼迪的父亲在禁酒令期间走私酒
when Jack’s father made his fortune with the Italians
和意大利人一起赚大钱时就认识了
as a bootlegger during Prohibition.
露希尔·亨特
刘易斯·康宁汉姆
玛丽昂·希克斯
德妮思·鲍威尔
艾米特·伍兹

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!