Almost a gag reflex
你们什么意思
What is this …
那次纽约之行还有一个会议
There was one more meeting scheduled for the New York trip.
是的 是个饭局
Yes, it was a dinner.
是我当时的女朋友安排的
It was set up through my girlfriend at the time.
马克对这个会议很兴奋吗
Would you say that Mark was excited about this meeting?
是的
Yes.
非常兴奋
Very.
他们不会查我们证件的[美国21岁才能喝酒]
They’re not gonna card us.
我是说有可能
They might.
你瞧瞧四周 都是我们这个年纪的人
Look around.
那很丢人
That’ll be embarrasing.
跟他说他们不会查我们证件的
Tell him their not gonna card us.
他们不会查我们证件的
Their not gonna card us.
马克
Mark.
这次你又要谈广♥告♥吗
Are you gonna talk about ads again?
除非你是哈特福特芭蕾学院
Unless you’re the Ballet Theatre of Hartford,
要不做生意就是为了挣钱
the purpose of business is to make a profit.
可现在这生意还没成熟
It isn’t a business yet.
这让我很难做 我可是…
That’s…that’s tough for me, cuz my job…
算了
Never mind.
他迟到二十五分钟了
He’s 25 minutes late.
他19岁就创办了纳普斯特
He founded Napster when he was 19.
他有资格迟到
He can be late.
他又不是上帝
He is not a God.
那是什么
What is he?
他是迟到了二十五分钟的那人
He’s 25 minutes late.
你不会是嫉妒人家吧
I think the word is jealous.
老实说我真没嫉妒
I honestly wasn’t jealous.
我只是紧张
I was nervous.
怎么说
Why?
我从未见过他
I didn’t know him at all.
但我之前做过调查并且四处打听过
But I had done a search and I asked around and he…
他给我的感觉
He struck me as a kind of a….
就是个未知数
A wild card.
怎么说
Why?
他把两家互联网公♥司♥像放烟火似的
He crashed out of 2 pretty big internet companies
搞倒闭了 他还吸毒
in spectacular fashion and he’s had a reputation with drugs.
可也是他创建了那两家公♥司♥
He also founded the companies.
我们不需要他
We don’t need him.
他来了
He’s here.
迟到二十五分钟还这么悠闲
Nah, nah, take your time.
而且他是有表的
And he does own a watch.
别这么没气量
Stop it.
我是肖恩·派克
I’m Sean Parker.
你好
How do you do.
这位一定是爱德华多
You must be Eduardo.
克里斯蒂 马克
and Christy, and Mark.
很高兴见到你们
Great to meet you.
幸会
Great to meet you.
什么都没点啊
You guys don’t have anything in front of you.
-还没 -托莉
– No. – Tori.
-我们在等你 -嘿 宝贝儿
– We were waiting. – Hee, baby boy.
可以给我们来点什么吗
Can you bring out somethings?
糖醋扣肉
The laquered pork with that ginger confit
金枪鱼排 再来点龙虾
tuna tartar, and the lobster claws,
先这些吧
that’ll get us started.
克里斯蒂
Christy.
你想喝什么
What do you like to drink?
苹果马提尼吧
An Appletini.
好的
Great.
来四杯
Four of those.
那之后就是肖恩的个人秀了
From that point on it was a Seanathon.
问题是你们都谈了些什么
The question was what did you talk about.
他详述了他和纳普斯特不得不说的故事
He took us through his episode with Napster.
我可不想二十几岁年纪轻轻就做个职业被告人
I didn’t want to spend my 20’s as a professinal defendent.
谁会知道音乐产业会一点幽默感也没有
Who knew the music industry doesn’t have a sense of humor.
他们试图把我们公♥司♥卖♥♥掉来偿还
They tried to sell the company to pay the 35 million
我们欠下的三千五百万版税
they said we owed in royalties.
可那样做就像
But I guess to them that was a little like
卖♥♥掉一辆偷来的车来偿还偷来的汽油
selling a stolen car to pay for the stolen gas.
于是我们说 去他妈的
So we said screw it,
我们宣布破产
Declared bankruptcy.
你因为这个一夜成名了
You made a name for yourself.
你没酒了
And you are dry.
托莉
Tori.
我不能再喝了
No, I’m good.
然后他开始讲述他的第二次创业
And then he went on to his secound business venture
那是一个在线通讯薄
which was an online rolodex
他最后被凯斯风险投资赶出了公♥司♥
that he got thrown out of by Case Equity.
凯斯风险投资就是现实中的Sequoia Capital
这次我想干漂亮点 打上领带
And I wanted to do it nicely, I put on a tie
擦亮皮鞋 可是没人愿意搭理一个毛头小子
and shined my shoes, but nobody wants to take orders from a kid.
让我来告诉你们
So let me tell you
一个20岁的毛头小子
what happens to a 20 year-old
在网络爆♥炸♥的浪尖上发生了什么
at the top of the hot dot-com.
我不是精神科医生 但是…
I’m not a psychiatrist, but…
谢谢告知
I’m glad that we got that on the record.
你不是精神科医生 然后呢
You’re not a psychiatrist, but what?
精神科医生肯定会说他是个偏执狂
A psychiatrist would say that he was paranoid.
那帮人找私♥家♥侦♥探♥日夜跟踪你
They hired private detectives who would follow you day and night.
高额护送公♥司♥都来向你推销他们的服务
You are target for high-priced escorts.
我没有证据 但我知道他们窃听我电♥话♥
I can’t prove it but I know they tapped my phone,
无论用什么招数都会被察觉
so whatever it is that’s gonna to trip you up. You’ve done already.
个人隐私早已逝去
Private behaviour is a relic of a time-gone-by.
就算你能
And if somehow, someway you’ve
像达♥赖♥喇♥嘛♥那样远离尘世
managed to live your life like the DALI LAMA
他们也会编造故事把你弄下台
they’ll make shit up.
但他们要的不是你这个人 而是你的创意
Because they don’t want you, they want your idea,
而且他们还要在你说完”不好意思”
and they want you to say thank you while you
摸摸下巴走人之后
“excuse me”,
还要说上句谢谢
wipe your chin and walk away.
他们是那样对待你的吗
That’s what happened to you?
他还有妄想症
…and delusional.

Yes.
但我没有就此罢手
But there’ll be payback at Case.
我已经用纳普斯特击垮他们的唱片公♥司♥了
I brought down their record companies with Napster
凯斯风险投资会为罪过付出代价的
and Case will suffer for their sins too…
不好意思 你并没击垮唱片公♥司♥
Sorry, you didn’t bring down the record companies,
他们赢了
They won.
官司而已
In court.
没错
Yeah.
你还会想去淘儿音乐行买♥♥唱片吗
You want to buy a Tower Records, Eduardo?
接着他就一直讲他在硅谷的生活
And he told story after story about
在斯坦福和洛杉矶的参加的晚会
life in Silicon valley, parties at Stanford,
还有他那些变成百万富翁的朋友
down in LA, friends who become millionaires,
但说的最多的还是劝马克一定要去加州
but mostly how Mark had to, he had to come to California…
最后他才说到TheFacebook
And then he cut around to TheFacebook.
跟我说说进展吧
So tell me about your progress.
我们已经进驻29个大学了
Well, we’re in 29 schools now,
已经有75000个会员
we got over 75000 members.
讲讲你们的策略吧
Tell me about the strategy you’re using.
-好 -就像我们想进德克萨斯的贝勒大学
– Ok. – For intance we wanted Baylor in Texas,
但贝勒校内已经有自己的社交网络了
but Baylor already had a social network on campus.
所以我们并没有直接和它竞争
So instead of going right after them,
而是列出了贝勒大学周围所有的学校
we made a list of every school within a hundred miles.
先在那些学校推广TheFacebook
Put TheFacebook on those campuses first.
很快贝勒大学的学生就会
Pretty soon all the Baylor kids
看到他们朋友都在
were seeing their freinds
我们的网站上 我们也就进驻成功了
on our site and we were in.
这叫小巨角战略 好点子 马克
It’s called the Little Bighorn, it’s smart, Mark.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!