I’ve…you know.
我已在校报上对哈佛黑人女学生会
I have already apologised in the Crimson, to the ABHW,
对哈佛拉丁裔女生协会
to Fuerza Latina,
对哈佛内我认为可能受到侮辱的女生
and to any women at Harvard who may have been insulted,
进行了道歉
as I take it that they were.
至于那些关于破坏安全系统的控诉
As for any charges stemming from the breach of security
我觉得委员会应该给予我一些肯定
I believe I deserve some recognition from this board.
-你说什么 -怎么了
– I’m sorry? – Yes.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
哪部分
Which part?
给予你一些肯定
You deserve recognition.
我想我揭示了你们系统中许多严重的漏洞
I believe I pointed out some pretty gaping holes in your system.
-能打断一下吗 -请讲
– Excuse me, may I? – Yes.
扎克伯格先生 我负责
Mr. Zuckerberg, I’m in charge of security
哈佛所有电脑的网络安全
for all computers on the Harvard network.
我可以向你保证网络的性能
I can assure you of its sophistication.
事实上 正因为它优异的性能
In fact it was that level of sophistication,
我们在四小时内就查到了你
that led us to you in less then four hours.
四个小时
Four hours?
没错
Yes sir.
排除你根本不知道你在找什么
That would be impressive except if you’d known
和我也没藏着掖着的因素以后
what you are looking for you would have seen it
四小时是还不错
written on my dorm room window.
留校察看六个月
So six months academic probation.
他们得杀一儆百
Well, they had to make an example out of you.
他们查了我的博客
They had my blog.
真不该写家畜那些东西的
I should have written nothing about the farm animals,
我真是太蠢了
that was stupid.
我他妈不就开个玩笑吗
But I was kidding for God’s sake.
大家一点幽默感都没有吗
Doesn’t anybody have a sense of humor?
我试着阻止你的
I tried to stop you.
知道
I know.
你做的这玩意是怎么
How do you do this thing
把我们变成所有女孩的众矢之的的
where you manage to get all the girls to hate us?
而且我还放手让你去干了 我错了
Why did I let you try that? I can’t do that.
爱德华多 我说我知道了
Eduardo, I said I know.
让我们看道例题
OK let’s look at a sample problem.
假设我们赋予一台电脑
Suppose we were given a computer
16比特的虚拟地址和256字节的页面大小
with a 16 bit virtual address, and a page size of 256 bytes.
系统使用单级的分页表
The system uses a one level page tables
列表起始地址是0x0400
that starts at address 0x0400.
你想让你的16位系统有直接内存访问功能
Maybe you want DMA on your 16-bit system, who knows.
混♥蛋♥
前几个分页被保留给硬件标识等信息
The first few pages are reserved for the hardware flags, etc..
假设分页表头有八个状态位
Assume page table entries have eight status bits.
这八个状态位将变成…
The eight status bits will then be…
有人知道吗
Anybody?
看来我们有人认输了
I see we have our first surrender.
别担心 扎克伯格先生
Don’t worry, Mr. Zuckerberg,
比你聪明的人在这堂课上也吃了苦头
brighter men then you have tried and failed this class.
一个有效位 一个修改位
One valid bit, one modified bit,
一个参考位 五个允许位
one reference bit, five permission bits.
答对了
That is correct.
大家都知道怎么算吗
Does everybody see how he got there.
马克
Mark?
你是马克·扎克伯格吗
You Mark Zuckerberg?

Yes.
我是卡梅伦·温克沃斯
I’m Cameron Winklevoss.
泰勒·温克沃斯
Tyler Winklevoss.
你们是兄弟吗
You guys related?
有意思 第一次有人这么问
It’s good, funny. I’ve never heard that before.
找我有什么事
What can I do for you?
我招惹你们女朋友了吗
Did I insult your girlfriends?
不 没有
No, you didn’t.
说实话 我其实不知道
Actually, I don’t know.
我们没问过
We never asked.
该问问的
We should that.
不是关于那个
No,
我们想跟你谈个事
we have an idea we want to talk to you about.
有时间吗
You got a minute?
你们看起来好像经常去健身房♥
You guys look like you spent some time at the gym.
没办法
We have to.
为什么
Why?
我们是赛艇队的
We row crew.
那我应该有时间了
Yeah, I’ve gotta minute.
太棒了
Great.
你进过坡斯廉俱乐部吗
So, have you ever been inside the Porcellian?
没有
No.
你要明白我们不能让你进
We need you understand that
除了单车房♥以外的地方
we can’t take you pass the bike room ’cause you are not a member.
我听说了
I’ve heard.
来点三明治什么的吗
Sandwich or something?
好的
Uh… OK.
马克是吧
Mark, right?

Yeah.
马克 这是蒂维雅·纳伦德拉 我们搭档
Mark, this is Divya Narendra, our partner.
你的”撕破脸”网站令我们印象深刻
We were really impressed at your “Facemash”.
我们查了下你的资料 你还创建了课友网
We checked you out. You also built “CourseMatch”.
课友网是什么
What is “CourseMatch”?
你可以上网查朋友都在上哪些课
You go online and see what courses your friends are taking.
酷毙了
Really smart, man.
-马克 -怎么了
– Mark? – Yeah?
我们刚才正说着课友网呢
We were talking about “CourseMatch”.
小儿科
Kind of a no-brainer.
你高中就弄过一些东西 是吗
You invented something in high school too, right?
一个MP3应用软件 能鉴别你听歌♥的口味
An app for an MP3 player that recognises your taste in music.
有买♥♥家吗
Anybody try to buy it?
微软
Microsoft.
多少钱
How much?
没卖♥♥ 作为免费软件上传了
Didn’t sell it, I uploaded for free.
免费吗
For free?

Yeah.
为什么
Why?
好吧 我们一直在捣弄一个活
OK. Well, we have something we have been working on for a while.
我们觉得很不错 我们叫它哈佛网
We think it’s great. It is called the “Harvard Connection”
你可以创立自己的主页
You can create your own page,
爱好 简介 朋友 照片
interests, bio, freinds, pics…
人们可以上网查看你的简介
Then people can go online and see your bio.
发送好友申请…
Requests…
这跟聚友网 友人网有什么区别
Yeah how is that different from “MySpace” and “Friendster”?
Harvard.edu
Harvard.edu.
Harvard.edu是全国最牛的邮箱
Harvard.edu is the most prestigious e-mail address in the country.
整个网站都建立在女孩们…
And the whole site’s kinda of based on the idea that girls…
稍委婉一点的说法是…
Not to put anything indulgent…
女孩都想跟哈佛男生约会
Girls want to go with guys who go to Harvard.
蒂维雅和我兄弟都管不住自己的嘴巴
Divya and my brother don’t have trouble putting things indulgent.
它和我们友人网 聚友网
Main difference between what we were talking about in MySpace,
以及其它社交网络最主要的区别在于
Friendster any of those other social networking sites…
只有哈佛在校学生能上
Its exclusivity.
对吗
Right?
没错
Right.
十分希望你能与我们合作 马克
Yeah we’d love you to work with us, Mark.
我们需要一名有创造性的天才程序员
We need a gifted programmer who is creative.
而且我们认为你有自主创新的能力
And we know you can take initiatives.
女生组织已经准备要下达对你的追杀令了
Women’s groups are ready to declare a fatwa.
为我们做这个网站能帮你恢复形象
But you know… this could help rehabilitate your image.
你们对我还真好啊
Wow, you would do that for me.
我们希望与你合作
We’d like to work with you.
我们的第一个程序员毕业后去了谷歌♥
Our first programmer graduated and went to work for Google.
第二个弄学业忙得焦头烂额
Our second programer just got overwhelmed with school work.
我们需要你建立网站
We would need you to build the site,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!