薇妮
Winnie!
你为什么要逼我这么做 雅各
Why did you make me do that, Jake?
你不明白 这根本和你无关
You don’t understand. This is none of your business.
当然和我有关 等等
It is my business. Stop for a second.
好好看看那个真实的人
Look at the real man in there.
他受伤了 他这么渴望你回到他身边
He’s hurting. He’s desperate to get you back in his life.
他不是你所想的那种人 雅各
He’s not who you think he is, Jake!
人是会变的 都这么久了 薇妮
People change. It was a long time ago. Winnie.
他会伤害我们
He’ll hurt us.
别回去找他
Don’t go back in there.
我们真的要投资巴巴可太阳能吗
Are we really going to lead with this Babaco Solar?
这公♥司♥靠不住 布雷顿
It’s a hustle, Bretton.
过去两年我放弃了两次
I passed on it twice within the last two years.
他们把超薄碲化镉半导体吹得天花乱坠
They spin a sexy story with these super-thin cadmium telluride semiconductors.
但其实这项技术根本没有专利权…
But the truth is, the technology is not proprietary…
这个我们已经讨论过了 布雷顿
We’ve been over this, Bretton.
你真让人烦透了 莫尔
You are unbelievable, Moore.
巴巴可是个烂摊子 根本没前途
Babaco is a cow. It’s dead in the water.
中国人可不蠢 他们不会投资的
The chinese aren’t stupid. They’re not going to go for it.
也说不定是棵摇钱树
Yeah, a cash cow maybe.
聚变技术五年内能成功都说了四十年了
They’ve been saying fusion is five years away for the last 40 years.
没错 镭射聚变是未来趋势
It is. Laser fusion is the future.
你能证明吗 天才先生
Can you prove that, boy genius?
那你能证明进化论吗 天才小姐
Can you prove evolution, girl genius?
但事实不明摆着么
That seems to work, though, right?
你们两个听着 别吵了
Look, knock it off. Both of you.
他们要在能源产业上投资一百五十亿
These guys are parking 15 billion across the board in energy sectors
我要把他们留住 懂吗
And I want them here, okay?
这事由卡萝尔负责
Carol’s taking the lead on this.
我们推荐的是巴巴可 就这么定了
Our recommend is Babaco. That’s final.
走吧 以后有时间再请你吃饭
Go ahead. I’ll take you to dinner some other time.
吃你个鬼 莫尔
Oh, eat me, Moore.
巴巴可在利用太阳能融合薄膜技术
Babaco is at the forefront of developing thin film technology
的研发上处于领先地位
to incorporate solar cells into pliable plastic sheets.
我们相信在未来的几年中
We believe that within the next few years
我们的收益将达到20%
we can approach the 20% level.
恰好迎合能源需求
Making it a perfect match for the explosion of growth and energy needs,
40%的飞速增长
Which, as you know, is growing at 40%.
薄膜技术是个历史性的突破
Thin film technology is the breakthrough here.
直到2010 薄膜将超过硅晶
And in 2010, thin film is going to surpass crystalline silicon.
就是这些
And that’s about it.
继续
Go ahead.
所以 世界能源需求在未来的二十年
So, with the world energy demand
将会增长40%
Growing 40% in the next 20 years,
我们坚信 徐先生
We at church believe, Mr. Xu.
巴巴可太阳能掌握了尖端技术
That Babaco Solar is a cutting-edge no-brainer.
未来两年将获得20%的收益
Good for a 20% return in the next two years
五年内会提升个30%到40%
With a 30 to 40% upside in the next five years.
谢谢你 卡萝尔小姐
Thank you, Miss Carol.
太阳能会是我们投资的重要领域之一
Solar will make an important part of our portfolio.
但老实说
But truthfully,
我们在其他公♥司♥也见过同样的技术
we have seen similar technology from another firm.
你也知道 中国的需求
As you know, China’s demand
在我女儿21岁之前就会翻倍
will more than double before my daughter turns 21.
所以我们要的是百年稳赚的投资
So we are looking for the next 100 years.
让我的孙子辈都能有钱赚
Where even my grandson can spend money.
你还有什么要展示给我们的吗
Do you have anything else to present to us today?
我们可是远道而来
We’ve come a long way.
听着 王
Listen, Wang,
现在 我们还有一项新的页岩油技术
Now, we got a great new line on this shale oil technology.
我们可以进一步讨论出
Let’s just dig a lot deeper for a
一个让我们双方都满意的价格
price that we think is a good one.
这个月底我们就能给你们完整的资料
We’ll have a complete workup for you by the end of the month.
好吧 布雷顿 听起来不错
All right, bretton. That sounds promising.
那聚能怎么样呢
What about fusion?
一家正与我们合作的公♥司♥
We happen to be working with a company right now.
它所有的硬件设施齐全
It’s got all the hardware in place.
由能源部启动
Started by the department of energy.
他们和加州大学共用研发设备
They share r&d facilities with the university of california.
目前市值不算收益
It’s got a market cap right now of about a billion.
大概值十亿
No earnings.
聚变技术已经存在很久了
Fusion has been around a long time.
好事多磨[汉语]
“Good things take time.”
简单来说
The simple of it is,
它利用两百道强烈的镭射光束
it’s using the intense energy of some 200 laser beams
瞄准只有几颗米粒大的氢能源目标
focused on a single target the size of a few grains of rice filled with hydrogen fuel.
其中的原理是当目标爆♥炸♥时
So the idea being that when that target combusts
将释放比原来大得多的能量
it produces more energy than it took in.
所有的实验表明
All the tests they’ve done indicate
他们可以利用燃点的过程
that they can use this ignition process
来把普通海水变成能量
to turn simple seawater into energy.
这个称为海洋热能转换
It’s called ocean thermal energy conversion
利用海面较暖的海水和海底较冷的海水
using the reaction between hot water on the surface
反应作为镭射动能
And cold water beneath to power the lasers.
这样你就得到无限的纯净能源
So what you wind up with is unlimited clean energy.
那你要如何控制爆♥炸♥
How do you contain the explosion?
这个我没法现在告诉你 是商业秘密
That’s a secret I can’t really share with you right now.
但也没什么好隐瞒的 或许
Not to be secretive, but I could
我能让你去看看
probably get you in there for a peek.
大概下个星期
Maybe next week,
你从华盛顿回北♥京♥的路上
on your way back to Beijing from DC.?
王先生 我有件礼物要给你
Mr. Wang, I got you something.
这是美国的白酒
This is American baijiu.
我想你会喜欢[汉语]
“I think you will like it.”
谢谢
Thank you.
-常小姐 这是给你的 -谢谢
– Miss Chung, this is for you. – Oh, thank you.
我曾跟泽贝去过中国
I used to go with Zabel to China.
他们的文化里礼仪和生意一样重要
Their culture’s as much about manners as it is about business.
他们上钩了 雅各 我只关心这个
They’re on the hook, Jake. That’s all I care about.

Good.
我会送他一些代表繁荣昌盛的竹子花
I’ll send him some bamboo flowers symbolizing continued growth and prosperity.
你并不总是很听话 雅各
You don’t always listen so good, Jake,
但是你有斗志
but you got fight in you.
我喜欢
I like that.
我想关于詹姆斯的事你说对了
I think you might just have something on James.
我在瑞士的朋友确认了
My friend in Switzerland, he confirmed
蝗虫基金的确存在且规模不小
that this locust fund, it exists and it’s big.
十亿资产
A billion dollars.
这大概就是那个布雷顿
It just might be our friend Bretton
没经过丘吉尔·施瓦茨公♥司♥
was trading through his own account,
进行交易的私人户头
outside of Churchill Schwartz.
我们能拿到记录吗
Can we get that on the record?
这才是困难所在 不是吗
That’s the hard part, isn’t it?
那我女儿的事该怎么办 雅各
So what are we going to do about my daughter, Jake?
那晚的事我很抱歉
I told you, I’m sorry about the other night.
戈登 我控制不了她 你懂吗
Gordon, I can’t control her, you know?
我懂
Yeah.
有人说孩子就是靠着
You know, they say parents are the bones
父母的血泪一点一滴长大
on which children sharpen their teeth.
想法子让我们再见一次
Find another way for me to get with her.
肯定会有什么办法
You know, there’s got to be…
那个所有华尔街人士都会出席的晚宴
That dinner that’s coming up, all the street guys are going?
阿兹海默症协会在大都会办的那个
The Alzheimer’s thing at the Met.
我会带她出席
Yeah. I’m taking her.
真希望我买♥♥得起一万一张的门票
I wish I had 10k for a seat.
一个作家要卖♥♥很多书才能赚得到
A writer’s got to sell a lot of books for that.
而我们都知道如果薇妮发现你
And we both know how Winnie would react to the fact
和你的未来岳父私交甚笃 会有什么反应
that you’ve been bonding with your future father-in-law.
你在威胁我吗
Is that a threat?
当然
Absolutely.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!