Who isn’t?
美国纽约联邦储备银行
中国退出了
China’s out.
你说过…
You said…
比尔 我知道自己说过什么
I know what I said, Bill.
我们和这些小气鬼协商了两个月
Two months we negotiated with these pikers.
他们却在晚上七点钟退出了
They pulled out at 7:00 p.m.
这有什么稀奇 中国人都这样
So what’s new? They’re Chinese.
在这期间 韩国人也退出了
And while they were negotiating, we lost the Koreans.
你的意思是 没希望了吗
So you’re saying you don’t have an out.
不 我是说 再给我一星期
No, I’m saying, just give me one week.
我们还在和英国人谈
We’re still talking to the British.
阿♥拉♥伯人也重新加入了
And the Arabs are back in,
这次一定能成功
And this time it’s for real.
卢 这种话我们都听厌了
Lou, we’ve heard this before.
老天 保罗 我们这周损失了几十个亿
Jesus. Paul, we lost billions this week.
如果到周日晚亚洲股市开♥盘♥前
If the markets don’t roll over our paper Sunday night,
仍无人接手
Before Asia opens,
凯泽银行周一就要倒闭了
Keller Zabel cannot do business on Monday.
周二全世界范围内将有一万五千人失业
Tuesday, 15,000 people are gonna be out of a job, worldwide!
卢 你们的坏账太惊人了
Lou, you understated the scale of your bad loans.
你们的股票已经失去了信用
Your valuations are no longer believable.
我们合作这么多年
After all these years,
你竟然对我说这种话
you say this to me?
那可是我
Me?
这里四分之三的投资银行
Three-quarters of the banking houses at this table
都和我们坐在一条船上
are holding the same paper, and
你们却要眼睁睁看着凯泽倒闭吗
you’re gonna let Keller Zabel fail?
你们这是自寻死路
You’re all committing suicide.
哈里 你的意思呢 你会帮忙吗
What do you say, Harry? Will you come in on this?
听着 如果你想要我们挽救凯泽
Look, if you want us to bail out Keller Zabel,
那么大家都要加入
all of us will have to participate.
就像98年的长♥期♥资本那样
Like long-term capital, ’98.
而且我们需要美国财政部的保证
And we will need substantial guarantees from the US Treasury.
比尔 我想和你单独谈谈
Bill, I think we should talk privately.
我觉得这是个好主意 比尔
I think that’s a good idea, Bill.
先生们 让我们单独谈谈
Gentlemen, give us a minute.
杰克 考虑过道德风险吗
What about moral hazard, Jack?
如果我们救助凯泽 谁能保证
We bail out Keller Zabel, who’s to say
这种困境不会一再发生
it’s not gonna happen again and again?
你这个记仇的混♥蛋♥
You vindictive bastard.
你竟然跟我提什么道德风险
Who are you to talk about moral hazard?
卢 抱歉
I’m sorry, Lou.
华尔街要对世界有所交代
The Street needs to make a statement here to the world.
那都是8年前的事了
It was eight years ago!
布雷顿 你就是要揪住不放是不是
You just can’t let it go, can you, Bretton?
好了 卢 别吵了
All right, Lou, knock it off.
比尔 杰克 还有卢 我想
I’d like to speak with you, Bill. Jack.
和你们谈谈
And Lou.
分别谈
Separately.
三十位会计师
Thirty of our people
花了三天查看了凯泽的财务报表
have been through the Keller Zabel books for the last three days.
他们认为要偿还债务是个不可能的任务
And they still say it’s impossible to get to the bottom of this.
这可能对我们造成一百亿的损失
This could be a 10-billion dollar hole for us.
甚至是两千亿
Or it could be a 200-billion dollar hole
没有财政部或者美联储的支持
and there’s no way we can risk that money
我们不可能冒这么大的风险
without a backstop from treasury or the Fed.
布雷顿 是你散布的谣言吧
You started this, didn’t you, Bretton?
卢 我说过 别争了 不然没的谈了 听到吗
I said knock it off, Lou. Or this meeting is over, you hear me?
布雷顿 这风险实在太大
You’re asking us to take a large risk here, Bretton.
你们出什么价
What are you offering?
基于目前的状况
Under these conditions, and assuming
假设你们会加强保证
you refine your guarantee,
杰克 裘利和我同合伙人协商后
Jack, Julie and I, and our partners who have been consulted,
决定每股出价2美金
are prepared to risk $2 a share.
2美金
Two bucks?
老天 你一定是疯了
Jesus. You’re out of your mind.
上个月每股价钱可是高达79元
The stock was trading at 79 a month ago!
光是我们公♥司♥大楼就不止这个价
Our building alone is worth more than two bucks a share.
裘利
Julie.
卢 可是时间紧迫啊
If only we had more time, Lou.
我的董事会绝不会接受
My board will never accept this.
想让我2美元一股卖♥♥出 没门
There is no way I’m gonna sell for two bucks a share.
就算我们答应你这个价
The government, if we guarantee this deal,
政♥府♥也绝不会认可你们公♥司♥的高股价
could never justify a high price for your company.
但你要是不卖♥♥ 卢 你们就会破产
And if you don’t sell, Lou, you’re in bankruptcy.
这下大家都等着看好戏了
This is a public spectacle now.
不 比尔 是公开处决 都是你一手策划
No, it’s a public execution, and you’ll be leading it, Bill.
我一手建立了这公♥司♥
I built this company.
你退出会让公♥司♥找回信心
And your exit will help restore faith in it.
你有什么资格让我退出
Who the hell are you to tell me to get out?
卢 你已经被淘汰了 无论如何 你出局了
You’re out, Lou! One way or the other, you’re out.
你们都给我见鬼去吧
Then the hell with you!
我宁愿在破产法庭上奋力一搏
I’ll take my chances in bankruptcy court
也绝不会卖♥♥给这个卑鄙小人
before I sell to that barracuda.
那我们没什么好谈了
Then we have nothing more to talk about.
6美金
Six.
3美金 不能再加 董事会接受了才算
Three, and that’s it. If I can sell it to the board.
5美金
Five.
-3美金 -好吧
– Three. – All right.
各退一步 4美金 留点最后的体面
We’ll call it an even four, so it don’t look so goddamn pathetic.
3美金
Three.
我一分都不会多给
And not a dime more.
爆♥炸♥新闻
We have breaking news right now.
今晨早些时候 华尔街最大投资公♥司♥首脑
Earlier this morning in a New York City subway,
凯勒·泽贝的经营合伙人
Keller Zabel managing partner
现年75岁的卢易斯·泽贝
and head of one of the biggest
在纽约地铁站跳下月台
investment firms on Wall Street,
撞上迎面驶来的地铁
Louis Zabel, 75,
在数百人面前
apparently jumped in front of an oncoming train
卧轨自杀
in front of hundreds of bystanders.
股票交易暂停 有消息指出…
The stock is currently halted, pending news…
丘吉尔·施瓦茨有政♥府♥资金支持
Churchill Schwartz is making out like a bandit right now
高枕无忧
with government funding.
而凯泽作为一家独♥立♥的投资银行
But Keller Zabel as an independent
已然走向末路
investment bank is essentially finished.
汤姆 今早卢易斯·泽贝的自杀事件
Tom, this news about Louis Zabel today
对大家来说都很震惊 你感觉如何
comes as a shock to everyone. But how are you holding up there?
他是华尔街的传奇人物
The guy was an icon on Wall Street.
我一直都把他当做自己的导师
I always thought of him as sort of a mentor to me.
事情发展至此 我们也无能为力
So to see this happen under the circumstances that it did happen,
这是一出惨剧
It’s devastating.
这对凯泽的员工意味着什么
What’s it mean to the employees at Keller Zabel?
我想他们失去了领袖 他们会…
I think they’ve lost their leader. They’re going to be…
老实讲 许多人经济上会受重创
Frankly, financially, a lot of them are gonna be badly hurt.
后果不堪设想
This is gonna hurt on so many fronts.
我知道卢易斯的离去太突然
I know it’s still difficult to think about it
大家一时还很难接受
with this news just coming out about Louis,
但你不禁要对华尔街的未来
but you have to wonder what this means
产生疑问 这究竟意味着什么
for the future of Wall Street.
又一家银行倒闭了 华尔街的大佬所剩无几
Another firm gone, it leaves very few players left on the Street.
有一件事我可以确定
One thing I know for sure is
竞争越多越有利
more competition is better than less competition.
我刚听说了 我很遗憾
I just heard. I’m so sorry.
薇妮 嫁给我好吗
Will you marry me, Winnie?
嫁给我好吗
Will you marry me?
你是怎么了
What’s wrong?
我只是想起卢说过 不要等待
It’s just something Lou said about not waiting, you know?
我爱你
And I love you.
好的
Yes.
真的吗
Yes?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!