有些事要和你说清楚
You know, I should tell you due diligence. There’s some…
我失业了
I’m out of a job and probably on
很可能也会破产
the other side of broke, you know.
好极了
Awesome.
我想有个家
I’m looking for a home
那里充满生气
where the wheels are turning
让人无比眷恋
home why I keep returning
在你心中发芽
Home will infect whatever you do
1993年 在当时被判处白领犯罪
In one of the harshest sentences ever given
最高刑罚 他在奥蒂斯联邦监狱
to a white collar criminal at that time, in 1993,
度过了8年的囚犯生涯
he was sent off to Otis Federal Prison for almost eight years.
现在 由我本人请出圈内人上台
And so, here in person, I welcome the man himself, Mr. Insider,
戈登·盖柯
Gordon Gekko.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们这群人简直糟透了
You’re all pretty much fucked.
只不过自己不知道罢了
You don’t know it yet,
但你们是三无一代
But you’re the NINJA generation.
无收入
No income.
无工作
No job.
无资产
No assets.
你们的路还很长
You got a lot to look forward to.
套套近乎吧 老兄 他马上要成你岳父了
Blood, buddy. He’s gonna be your blood.
有人让我想起某个晚上
Someone reminded me the other evening
我曾说过 “贪婪是好事”
that I once said, “Greed is Good. ”
现在看来 这是合法的了
Now it seems it’s legal.
但是 大家注意
But, folks,
正是由于贪婪 我的酒保
It’s greed that makes my bartender
才会去买♥♥下三处
buy three houses he can’t afford
他根本买♥♥不起的房♥产
with no money down.
正是由于贪婪 你们的父母
And it’s greed that makes your parents
才会将2万房♥贷加到2万5
refinance their $200,000 house for 250.
再用这额外的5千块去购物
And then they take that extra 50 and they go down to the mall.
去买♥♥等离子电视和手♥机♥
And they buy a plasma tv, cell phones,
电脑和多功能厢式车 或者
computers, an SUV. And hey,
为什么不干脆再买♥♥套房♥子呢
why not a second home while we’re at it?
因为我们都知道 在美国
Because, gee whiz,we all know that prices of houses
房♥价只涨不跌 不是吗
in America always go up, right?
正是由于贪婪 9/11事件后
It’s greed that makes the government in this country
政♥府♥将银行利率降到了1%
cut the interest rates to one-percent, after 9/11.
于是大大刺♥激♥了消费
So we could all go shopping again.
这些身负亿万信贷的玩意
They got all these fancy names for
出现了各种美妙的称呼
trillions of dollars of credit.
CMO CDO SIV ABS
CMOs, CDOs, SIVs, ABSs.
但老实说 这世界上又有多少人
I honestly think there’s may be only 75 people in the world
知道他们是什么东西
who know what they are.
那就让我来告诉你们
But I’ll tell you what they are.
他们就是大规模杀伤性武器
They’re wmds. Weapons of mass destruction.
这就是他们的本质
That’s what they are.
在我入狱的这段期间 人们的贪婪与日俱增
When I was away, it seemed like greed got greedier
贪婪中混杂着嫉妒
with a little bit of envy mixed in.
对冲基金管理人
Hedge funders were walking home with 50,
每年能赚个五千万到一亿美金
100 million bucks a year.
做银行家的闲来无事
So Mr. Banker, he’s looks around,
叫嚣着”我的生活好无趣”
And he says, “my life looks pretty boring.”
于是他开始用你们的钱
So he starts leveraging his interests up to 40,50 to one
抬高四五十倍利息
with your money.
不是他的钱 是你们的钱
Not his, yours.
因为他有这权力
Because he could.
你们得去借钱 而他们不用
You’re supposed to be borrowing, not them.
这笔生意的美妙之处在于
And the beauty of the deal,
没人需要为此负责
No one is responsible.
因为大家都相信同一套谎言
Because everybody’s drinking the same kool-aid.
女士们先生们 去年
Last year, ladies and gentlemen,
金融服务业的利润
forty percent of all American corporate profits
占了全美公♥司♥的40%
came from financial services.
不是制♥造♥业
Not production,
和美国大众的需求
not anything remotely to do with
没有任何关系
the needs of the American public.
事实上 我们都已深陷其中
The truth is, we’re all part of it now.
银行 消费者 我们都在盲目花钱
Banks, consumers, we’re moving money around in circles.
我们拿一块钱
We take a buck,
往其中注射类固醇 人们称其为”贷杠”
We shoot it full of steroids, and we call it “leverage. ”
我称其为”类固醇投资”
I call it “steroid banking. ”
人们认为我是金融界的奇才
I’ve been considered a pretty smart guy when it comes to finance.
讲得太好了 哥们
That was fantastic, man.
也许我呆在监狱里太久了
And maybe I was in prison too long.
但也许那是唯一能让人保持清醒的地方
But sometimes it’s the only place to stay sane
透过那些铁窗冷眼看世界 然后说
and look out through those bars and say,
“外面的人都疯了吗”
“hey! Is everybody out there nuts?”
对于聪明人来说再清楚不过
It’s clear as a bell to those that pay attention.
投机买♥♥卖♥♥是万恶之源
The mother of all evil is speculation.
借债投资
Leveraged debt.
最终结果
Bottom line.
就是以小博大而欠债
It’s borrowing to the hilt.
我也不想告诉你们这些
And I hate to tell you this,
但这就是公♥司♥破产的模式 不可避免
but it’s a bankrupt business model.It won’t work.
这是全面而全球性的恶性循环
It’s systemic, malignant, and it’s global.
好比癌症
Like cancer.
这是一种疾病 我们必须反击
It’s a disease, and we got to fight back.
我们该怎么抵抗
How are we gonna do that?
怎么才能将局势扭转为对自己有利
How are we gonna leverage that disease back in our favor?
我来告诉你
Well, I’ll tell you.
三字箴言
Three words.
买♥♥ 书 看
Buy my book.
一分钱一分货
Prices and profits work.
这才是我们需要的动力
This is the kind of energy we need out there.
你得跟上时代
You just keep it up.
盖柯先生
Mr. Gekko!
请您等一下 先生
Excuse me for a moment, sir.
抱歉 问答时间结束
Q and A’s over, all right?
去买♥♥书吧 免费咨♥询♥结束了
Buy the book. There’s no more free advice.
我叫雅各布·莫尔 是你女儿的未婚夫
My name is Jacob Moore. I’m gonna marry your daughter.
她知道你来找我吗
Does she know that?
不知道
She pretended to.
好吧 我们聊十分钟
All right, I’ll give you 10 minutes.
我是凯泽的证劵交易员
I’m a prop trader at Keller Zabel.
我专门从事能源研究…
I specialize in energy with a focus on…
卢的事 我很遗憾
Sorry about Lou.
在我认识的人中 他是条硬汉子
One of the toughest guys that ever wore shoes.
但后来传出了谣言…
But when those rumors start…
我想知道是谁散布的谣言
Yeah. I wish I knew who started this.
我很爱他
I loved him very much.
他就像我父亲
Like a father.
他帮我拿到福坦莫大学的奖学金
He got me a scholarship here at Fordham
从商学院一毕业就录用了我
and hired me right out of business school.
这圈子里没人
Well, no one else in this market’s
有勇气去自杀
had the balls to commit suicide.
他这么做很令人敬佩
It’s an honorable thing to do.
盖柯先生 我很爱你的女儿
Mr. Gekko, I’m in love with your daughter.
能娶到她 我三生有幸
And I’d be honored…
你笑什么
Why is that funny?
你也知道我们已经好多年没联♥系♥了
My daughter hasn’t spoken to me in years, and you know it.
她觉得是我害她哥哥服毒过量而死
She blames me for her brother’s overdose
自从任天堂以来 世界上所有的坏事
and just about every other disaster that’s hit this world
她都怪在我头上
since Nintendo.
她和在华尔街工作的人在一起
You don’t think it’s strange that
你不觉得奇怪吗
she’s dating somebody from Wall Street?
有什么奇怪
Why?
因为她恨那群人
Because she hates it.
她和你坠入爱河难道不可笑吗
You don’t think it’s funny that she’d fall in love with you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!