真的?
They did?
我无法理解
我希望我当时的表现并不粗鲁
I didn’t understand.
I hope I wasn’t rude.
没有 他们明白
Oh, no. They understood.
凯茜小姐让我替她向你告别 并再次感谢你
Miss Kathy asked me to say goodbye
and to thank you again.
-告别?
-是的 他们去了…
-Goodbye?
-Yes. They’re going away…
…今天一大早
骑着她们的自行车
…early in the morning.
On their bicycles.
我有些想睡了 你也一块睡吗?
Well, I’m sleepy. Are you coming?
我也是
Yes.
你太沉默寡言了
你在想什么?
You are so silent.
What are you thinking?
斯塔弗 那可是一个聪慧的年轻女子
That was a very intelligent
young woman, Staefel.
奇普 她也长得很漂亮
She was a very pretty one, Chipping.
我在想 在我们旅途中是否还会再遇上她们
I wonder if we might run into them again
on our travels.
那么你就得找两辆崭新的自行车
Well, we must look out for
two bright new bicycles.
英国女人 很有英国味
English ladies, quite English.
这是她们
It is them.
她们认识我
您能把我的名片给她们吗?
They’re acquaintances of mine.
Will you give them my card, please?
-告诉她们我希望和她们聊聊天
-当然 尊敬的先生
-Tell them I’d like to have a word.
-Certainly, mein Herr.
穿着似乎不适合见女士 是吗?
Hardly dressed for ladies, are we?
-我们难道不应该邀请她们共进午餐吗?
-我没意见
-Shall we not ask them to lunch with us?
-I don’t see any objection.
女士们来了
The ladies are here.
是这位先生吗?
Is this the person?
-你声称你认识我
-夫人 事实上…
-Well, you stated that you knew me.
-Madam, the fact is–
-你告诉服务员我们认识吗?
-不 不完全是这样的
-Did you tell the porter we were acquainted?
-No, not exactly.
不完全是这样的!
Not exactly!
他这样说了吗?
Did he or did he not?
-你想见我们的目的何在?
-夫人 我希望…
-What is your purpose in accosting us?
-Madam, I had hoped–
你希望?
You had hoped?
这已经不是第一次收到这种不欢迎的礼遇了
Well, this isn’t the first time we’ve been
subjected to unwelcome attentions.
但我警告你 年轻人!
But I warn you, young man!
如果我再看到你…
If I so much as set eyes on you again…
…我会向英国当局提起控诉!
…I shall place myself and my friend
under the protection of the British Consul!
为什么他们称这个为蓝色多瑙河
在我看来这是棕色的
Why do they call it the Blue Danube?
It looks brown to me.
你知道吗 这有个传说
There’s a legend, you know.
知道 多瑙河是蓝色的仅仅…
Yes. The Danube is only blue
to the eyes of…
-…当相恋的人看的时候
-是啊
-…well, to people in love, you know.
-How so.
你让我惊讶
You surprise me.
-维也纳是个相当大的城市 不是吗?
-相当大
-Vienna’s a pretty big city, isn’t it?
-Pretty big.
-很多游客都去那里 我想
-数以万计
-Lots of tourists go there, I suppose.
-Droves of them.
奇普?
Chipping?
多瑙河在你眼中不会是蓝色的吧
The Danube doesn’t by any chance
look blue to you, does it?
你什么意思?胡扯!
What do you mean? Nonsense!
你有时就喜欢说些老掉牙的事 真的
You do talk the most infernal rot
sometimes, really.
才两个多星期
Only two weeks more.
但感觉就像一刹那
It seems such a little while.
-结局没到前就让我们少动些脑子
-这很有意思
-Let’s not think about the end till it comes.
-lt has been fun.
现在在维也纳
And now Vienna.
你不希望这里快乐而浪漫吗?
Don’t you hope it’s gay and romantic?
他们说这里是
Well, they say it is.
但他们又说多瑙河是蓝色的
But then they said the Danube was blue.
弗罗拉 亲爱的 这是蓝色的啊
But, Flora, dear. It is blue.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
爱丽丝小姐 你好!
Miss Ellis, well!
还有小姐…哦 在所有….
And Miss– Oh, well of all the….
-你好吗?
-为什么 奇普先生
-Well, how do you do?
-Why, Mr. Chipping.
还有 小姐 你好吗?
我都差不多放弃找寻你们了
And, miss, how are you?
I’d just about given you up.
-我喜欢能邂逅你们
-现在不就又碰面了
-I hoped I’d run into you.
-And now we have.
-不同寻常
-我们总在密集中相遇
-Extraordinary.
-We always meet in a mist.
是啊 总是这样
We do, don’t we?
当然 是 哦 我很抱歉
我们最好往前移
Oh, yes, of course. I’m so sorry.
We’d better move on.
斯塔弗 我说了吧 斯塔弗!
Staefel, I say. Staefel!
我找到爱丽丝小姐了
她也一直在船上
I found Miss Ellis.
And on the boat all the time.
啊 真是奇遇啊
Well, what a surprise.
是啊 当然 走吧
Oh, yes, of course. Come.
设想一下 也是在这舞厅里…
Just think, it was in this ballroom…
…差不多100年前
梅特尼奇女王签署了和5个王国的协议
…that Prince Metternich drew up the treaty
of the five kingdoms nearly 1 99 years ago.
你对这些没兴趣吗?
Doesn’t that interest you?
我必须承认 我一点也不关心舞厅里的历史事件
I must confess, the historical significance
of the ballroom doesn’t impress me at all.
每当我想起这个地方…
Whenever in days to come I think
of this place, and I shall think of it…
…我会说在这里我和你…
…I shall say that’s the place
where I dined with…
…共进午餐
…well, with you.
谢谢 奇普先生
Thank you, Mr. Chipping.
告诉我 那两位…?
Tell me, are those two…?
-你觉得他们…?
-坠入爱河?
-Do you think they’re…?
-ln love?
没有
No.
我 我不会明白
Well, I wouldn’t know.
你从来没有爱过别人吗?奇普先生
Have you never been in love,
Mr. Chipping?
哦 没有 不 有 有过一次
No. Oh, yes. Yes, I was once.
我也这么想
Oh, I thought so.
好长时间以前了
Rather a long time ago.
那时我14岁
I was 1 4 at the time.
她是个菜贩的女儿
She was the greengrocer’s daughter.
-我想是父母反对吧
-是啊 菜贩总是这样的
-And Papa and Mama intervened, I suppose.
-Yes. So did the greengrocer.
好可惜明天旅行就得结束
Pity this all has to end tomorrow.
只是对于我们 你还没有
For us, but not for you.
你还有3个多星期呢
You have three weeks more.
是啊 是啊 这倒是 但….
Oh, yes, yes. That’s true, but….
这很美
It’s been wonderful.
我也这么认为
For me too.
你记忆中还会留下什么?
What will stand out in your memory?
我不知道
I don’t know.
施恩伯伦和皇帝 搅拌的奶油…
Schoenbrunn and the emperor
driving by, the whipped cream…
…还有音乐
…the music.
你会记得些什么?
What will you remember?
我真的不能说
I really can’t say.
能让我告诉你吗?
Shall I tell you?
-你可以?
-在维也纳跳的华尔兹
-Can you?
-The waltz you danced in Vienna.
-跳华尔兹…什么?什么时候?
-今晚 现在

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!