Mrs. De Winter always had Dr. Mcclean from the village.
德温特太太一直都看村里的麦克林医生
Now you heard. I said Rebecca’s doctor in London.
你听到了 我是说丽贝卡在伦敦的医生
I don’t know anything about that.
我对此一无所知
Oh don’t give me that. You knew everything about Rebecca.
别跟我打哈哈 你知道丽贝卡的所有事
You knew she was in love with me didn’t you ?
你知道她与我恋爱 不是吗
Surely you haven’t forgotten the good
你肯定没有忘记过去她跟我
Times she and I used to have down at the cottage.
在下面小屋里的美好时光
She had a right to amuse herself didn’t she ?
她有权消遣她自己 不是吗
Love was a game to her. it made her laugh I tell you.
对她来说 爱情是一场游戏 它令她发笑
She used to sit on her bed and rock with laughter at the lot of you.
她过去常常坐在她的床上嘲笑你
Can you think of any reason why
你可想得出任何理由
Mrs. De Winter should have taken her own life ?
对德温特夫人的自杀作出解释吗
No no I refuse to believe it. I knew everything about her
不 不 我拒绝相信此事 我知道她的所有事
And I won’t believe it.
我不会相信她是自杀
There you see ? It’s impossible. She knows that as well as I do.
听到了吧 不可能 她跟我一样
Now listen to me Danny. We know that Rebecca went to a doctor in London.
听我说 丹尼 我们知道丽贝卡去伦敦看医生
Who was it ? I don’t know.
是谁 我不知道
Oh I understand Danny.
我明白 丹尼
You think we’re asking you to reveal secrets of Rebecca’s life.
你以为我们要求你泄露丽贝卡生命的秘密
You’re trying to defend her. But that’s what I’m doing.
你想要保护她 但我也是
I’m trying to clear her name of the suspicion of suicide.
我想要澄清她自杀的嫌疑
Mrs. Danvers it has been suggested
丹弗斯太太 有人指出
Mrs. De Winter was deliberately murdered.
德温特太太是被蓄意谋杀的
There you have it in a nutshell Danny.
你简单说明一下 丹尼
But there’s one more thing you’ll the name of the murderer.
但还有一件事 你要说的凶手的名字
It’s a lovely name that
一个可爱的名字
George Fortescue Maximilian De Winter.
乔治·福斯科·马克西米利安·德温特
There was a doctor. Mrs. De Winter sometimes went to him privately.
是有位医生 德温特太太有时私下让他看病
She used to go to him even before she was married.
她过去常常让他就医 即使在她结婚之前也是
We don’t want reminiscences Danny. What was his name ?
丹尼 我们不想听你回忆旧事 他叫什么名字
Dr. Baker 165 Goldhawk Road Shepherd’s Bush.
贝克医生 谢菲德小镇 戈德霍克路165号♥
There you are colonel. There’s where you’ll find your motive.
听见了吧 上校 那儿将是你找到动机的地方
Go and question Dr. Baker. He’ll tell you why Rebecca went to him–
去问贝克医生 他会告诉你为何丽贝卡去看他
To confirm the fact that she was going to have a child
去确认她怀孕的事实
A sweet curly-headed little child.
孕育一个可爱的 满头卷发的小孩子
It isn’t true. It isn’t true. She would have told me.
那不是真的 她会告诉我要孩子的事的
She told Max about it. Maxim knew he wasn’t the father.
她曾告诉过迈克斯 迈克西姆知道自己不是经手人
So like the gentleman of the old school that he is he killed her !
所以 他像传统的绅士一样 杀了她
I’m afraid we shall have to question this Dr. Baker.
恐怕我们得去问问贝克医生
Hear hear. But for safety’s sake I think I’d like to go along too.
知道了 但为了安全起见 我想我也要一起前往
Yes unfortunately I suppose you have the right to ask that.
遗憾地是 我猜想你有权要求一起前往
I’ll see the coroner and have the
我要去见一下验尸官
Inquest postponed pending further evidence.
让审讯推迟 直到找到进一步证据为止
I say aren’t you rather afraid that the prisoner shall we say might bolt ?
难道你不担心囚犯 可能会逃跑吗
You have my word for it that he will not do that.
记住我的话 他不会那么做的
Toodle-oo Max. Come along Danny.
再见 迈克斯 一起走吧 丹尼
Let’s leave the unhappy couple to spend their last moments together alone.
别打扰这对不幸福的夫妇一起度过最后的时光了
Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you Maxim ?
你确定不要我跟你一起去吗 迈克西姆
No darling. It’ll be very tiring for you.
是的 亲爱的 那会使你疲惫不堪的
I’ll be back the very fiirst thing in the morning
我一大早就会回去了
And I won’t even stop to sleep.
我会不眠不休地赶回去
I’ll be waiting for you.
我等你
Ready Maxim ? Yes.
好了吗 迈克西姆 好了
You two go on ahead. I’ll follow with Favell.
你们俩开前面 我跟着费弗尔
Dr. Baker
贝克医生
you may have seen Mr. De Winter’s name in the papers recently.
最近你也许在报纸上看过德温特先生的名字
Oh yes yes. In connection with a body that was found in a boat.
是的 跟一具在船上被发现的尸体有关
My wife was reading all about it. A very sad case.
我太太看了所有报道 令人伤心的案件
My condolences Oh this is going to take hours. Let me
同情 这将花去数小时 容我
Don’t bother Favell. I think I can tell Dr. Baker.
别费心了 费弗尔 我想我可以告诉贝克医生
We’re trying to discover certain facts
我们想要了解某些有关
Concerning the late Mrs. De Winter’s activities on the day of her death
前任德温特太太去世当天的活动真♥相♥
October 12 last year and I want you to tell me if you can
去年 10月12号♥ 如果你记得的话 我想你告诉我
If anyone of that name paid you a visit on that date.
那天是否有叫这个名字的人拜访过你
I’m awfully sorry. I’m afraid I can’t help you.
非常抱歉 恐怕我帮不上忙
I should have remembered the name De Winter.
我是记得有个叫德温特的人
I’ve never attended a Mrs. De winter in my life.
但我从未给一个叫德温特太太的人看过病
Well how can you possibly tell all your patients’ names ?
你怎么可能记得所有你病人的名字
I can look it up in my engagement diary if you like.
如果你想的话 我可以从预约本上找找
Did you say the 12th of October? Yes.
你是说10月12号♥吗 是的
Oh here we are. No no De Winter.
找到了 没有 没有叫德温特的
Are you sure ? Well here are all the appointments for that day.
你确定吗 这是那天所有的预约
“Ross Campbell Steadall Perrino Danvers Mathews–”
“罗丝 坎贝尔 斯蒂尔 佩里诺 丹弗斯 马修 ”
Danny ! What the devil !
丹尼 见鬼
Would you read that name again ? Did you say Danvers ?
可以再念一遍名字吗 你念到丹弗斯?
Yes I have a Mrs. Danvers for 3:00.
是的 3点有位丹弗斯太太的预约
What did she look like ? Can you remember ?
她长什么样 你还记得吗
Yes I remember her quite well. She was a very beautiful woman–
记得 我记得很清楚 她是位非常漂亮的女人
Tall dark exquisitely dressed.
高挑个儿 黑黑的脸蛋 穿着很精致
Rebecca. The lady must have used an assumed name.
是丽贝卡 那位女士肯定用了化名
Is that so ? This is a surprise. I’d known her a long time.
是吗 真是令人吃惊 我认识她很久了
What was the matter with her ?
她得了什么病
My dear sir there are certain ethics.
尊敬的先生 我们有职业操守
Could you supply a reason Dr. Baker for Mrs. De Winter’s suicide ?
你可能提供德温特太太自杀的原因 贝克医生
For her murder you mean. She was going to have a kid wasn’t she ?
是谋杀 她怀孕了 不是吗
Come on out with it !
快点 快说
Tell me what else a woman of her class be doing in a dump like this ?
她这种高尚的女人怎么会做这样污秽的事
I take it the offiicial nature of
我以警方的名义来访 对我来说有必要
This visit makes it necessary for me to–
使你相信如果没必要的话
I assure you we’d not be troubling you if it were not necessary.
我们就不会来打扰你了
You want to know if I can suggest any motive
你们想知道我是否可以指出任何有关
As to why Mrs. De Winter should have taken her life ?
德温特太太会自杀的动机?
Yes I think I can.
我想可以
The woman who called herself Mrs. Danvers was very seriously ill.
那位自称丹弗斯太太的女人得了很严重的病
She was not going to have a child ?
我不是怀孕了吗
That was what she thought but my diagnosis was different.
她以为是 但我的诊断却不同
I sent her to a well-known specialist for an examination and X-rays
我让她去找一位知名的专科医生做检查 照X光
And on this date she returned to me for his report.
而那天她是拿她的检查报告来给我看的
I remember her standing here holding out her hand for the photograph.
我记得她站在这儿拿着她的X光片
“I want to know the truth ” she said.
她说 “我想知道真♥相♥”
“I don’t want soft words and a bedside manner.”
“我不要听冠冕堂皇的话”
“If I’m for it you can tell me right away.”
“如果有病 你可以马上告诉我”
I knew she was not the type to accept a lie.
我知道她不是那种听了假话会信以为真的人
She’d asked for the truth so I let her have it.
她要听实话 所有我就告诉她了
She thanked me and I never saw her again so I assumed that–
她跟我道谢之后 我再也没有见过她了 所有我猜想
What was wrong with her ? Cancer.
她得了什么病 癌症
Yes the growth was deep-rooted.
是的 癌症晚期
An operation would have been no earthly use at all.
动手术也完全无济于事
In a short time she would have been under morphia.
要不了多久 她就得靠吗♥啡♥来止痛了
There was nothing that could be done for her except wait.
除了等死 没什么可做的了
Did she say anything when you told her?
当你告诉她病情的时候 她有说什么吗
She smiled in a queer sort of way.
她怪异地微笑着
Your wife was a wonderful woman Mr. De Winter.
你的妻子是个很棒的女人 德温特先生
And oh yes I remember she said something
对了 我记得她说了一些
That struck me as being very peculiar at the time.
当时令我觉得非常奇怪的话
When I told her it was a matter of months
当我告诉她只剩几个月的时候
She said “oh no doctor not that long.”
她说 “不 医生 不用那么久”
You’ve been very kind. You’ve told us all we wanted to know.
很好 你已经告诉我们所有我们想知道的事了
We shall probably need an official verification.
我可能会需要一次正式的审查
Verification ? Yes to confirm the verdict of suicide.
审查? 是的 以确定自杀的裁决
I understand. Can I offer you gentlemen a glass of Sherry?
我明白 可以请你们喝杯雪利酒吗
No very kind. I think we ought to be going.
不用了 太客气了 我想我们该走了
Thank heaven we know the truth.
谢天谢地我们终于知道真♥相♥了
Dreadful thing dreadful.
可怕的事 太可怕了
A young and lovely woman like her. No wonder–
像她这样一位年轻貌美的女人 难怪
I never had the remotest idea. Neither did Danny I’m sure.
我一点也不明白 丹尼肯定也是
I wish I had a drink.
希望我是喝醉酒了
Will we be needed at the inquest any further colonel Julyan ?
我们还需要再做进一步审讯吗 朱利安上校
Oh no. I can see to it that Maxim is not troubled any further.
不用了 我看得出迈克西姆也不想再被骚扰了
Thank you sir. Are you ready to start colonel ?
谢谢 长官 准备走了吗 上校

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!