Wasn’t it wonderful darling ? Can’t we go back there someday ?
很棒吧 亲爱的 将来我们还能再回到那儿吗
Yes of course of course. Ah look at you. There.
当然可以 瞧你 那儿
Won’t our grandchildren be delighted when they see how lovely you were ?
当我们的子孙看到你如此可爱会非常开心的
Oh look at you!
瞧你
Oh I like that.
我喜欢那张
Look at that.
看那张
Yes very nice. Oh remember that ?
是啊 很漂亮 记得那张吗
Yes. Oh I wish our honeymoon could have lasted forever Maxim.
记得 迈克西姆 我希望我们能永远度蜜月
Oh dash it ! Look. Oh. Oh. Oh hang it.
糟糕 见鬼了 等等
I’ve threaded it up wrong as usual or something.
我又跟以前一样接错线了
Yes Frith what is it ?
弗里思 什么事
Excuse me sir. May I have a word with you ?
打扰一下 先生 我可以跟您谈件事吗
Yes. Come in.
好 说吧
It’s about Robert sir.
事关于罗伯特的事 先生
There’s been a slight unpleasantness between him and Mrs. Danvers.
他和丹弗斯太太之间闹了点别扭
Oh dear. Robert is very upset.
天哪 罗伯特心里很不好受
This is trouble. What is it ?
真麻烦 什么事
It appears Mrs. Danvers has accused Robert
丹弗斯太太职责罗伯特
Of stealing a valuable ornament from the morning room.
私藏了晨室里一件值钱的摆设
Robert denies the accusation most emphatically sir.
罗伯特矢口否认干过这样的事
What was the thing anyway ? The china Cupid sir.
究竟是哪件小摆设 是那尊爱神瓷塑 先生
Oh dear. That’s one of our treasures isn’t it ?
天哪 那可是我们家的意见宝贝 是吗
Well tell Mrs.Danvers
告诉丹弗斯太太
To get to the bottom of it somehow and I’m sure it wasn’t Robert.
想方设法弄清事实 我肯定不是罗伯特干的
Very good sir.
太好了 先生
Why do they come to me with these things ? That’s your job sweetheart.
他们干吗连这种事都来找我 这种事该由你管 亲爱的
Maxim I wanted to tell you but um well I forgot.
迈克西姆 我早想告诉你 可是 可是我却忘了
The fact is I broke the china Cupid. You broke it ?
其实是我打碎了爱神瓷塑 你打碎的?
Now why on earth didn’t you say something about it when Frith was here ?
当你刚才在弗里思面前干吗不这么说呢
I don’t know. I didn’t like to.
我也不知道 我不想这么做
I was afraid he’d think me a fool.
我怕他会拿我当傻瓜看
Well he’ll think you much more a fool now.
这下子他才真会拿你当大傻瓜看呢
You’ll have to explain to him and Mrs. Danvers.
现在你可得把事情向他和丹弗斯太太讲清楚
No you do it. I’ll go upstairs. Don’t be such a little idiot.
不 你去解释 我上楼去 别像个小傻瓜似的
Anybody would think you were afraid of them.
大家会认为你怕他们
It was all a mistake Mrs. Danvers.
完全是一场误会 丹弗斯太太
Apparently Mrs. De Winter broke the Cupid herself
看来是德温特太太自己把瓷塑打碎了
And forgot to say anything about it.
后来压根把这事给忘了
I’m so sorry. I– I never thought that I’d get Robert into trouble.
非常抱歉 没想到给罗伯特惹了麻烦
Is it possible to repair the ornament madam ?
那摆设还能修补一下吗 夫人
No I’m afraid it isn’t. It was smashed into pieces.
怕不行了已经摔得粉碎
What did you do with the pieces ?
你怎么处理那些碎片的
Well I-I put them at the back of one of the drawers in the writing desk.
我把它们放进写字桌的抽屉里面了
Well it looks as though Mrs. De Winter were afraid
瞧德温特夫人那模样
You were going to put her in prison doesn’t it Mrs. Danvers ?
好像你会把她送进监牢似的 丹弗斯太太 对不
Find the pieces
找出那些碎片
See if they can be mended and tell Robert to dry his tears.
看看能否修好 并且告诉罗伯特擦干眼泪
I shall apologize to Robert of course.
我当然要向罗伯特赔个不是
Perhaps if such a thing happens again mrs.
要是以后再发生这样的事
De Winter will tell me personally–
德温特夫人是不是可以亲口向我讲明
Yes yes all right. Thank you Mrs. Danvers.
好了 谢谢 丹弗斯太太
Well I suppose that clip will hold all right. I don’t know.
我猜想片段都会完好 我也不知道
I’m awfully sorry darling. It was very careless of me.
亲爱的 太抱歉了 我真是粗心大意
Mrs. Danvers must be furious with me.
丹弗斯太太肯定要对我大发雷霆
Oh hang Mrs. Danvers. Why on earth should you be frightened of her?
别管丹弗斯太太 你到底干吗要怕她啊
You behave more like an upstairs maid or something
你的举动哪像个女主人
Not like the mistress of the house at all.
倒像家里的丫头呢
Yes I know I do. But I feel so uncomfortable.
我知道 但我感到很不自在
I I try my best every day but it’s very difficult
每天我都竭尽全力 但上上下下的人打量着我
With people looking me up and down as if I were a prize cow.
就像我是一头得奖的良种母牛
Well what does it matter if they do ?
就算这样 那又何妨
You must remember that life at Manderley
你必须记住 唯有曼陀丽发生的事
Is the only thing that interests anybody down here.
才能引起人们的兴趣
What a slap in the eye I must have been to them then.
那我一定使他们大失所望了
I suppose that’s why you married me.
你大概是因为这个缘故才跟我结婚的吧
Because you knew I was dull and gauche and inexperienced
你知道我这个人呆板无趣 不爱讲话 又没见过世面
And there could never be any gossip about me.
所以这儿的人就不屑对我蜚短流长了
Gossip ? What do you mean ?
蜚短流长? 你这话时什么意思
I-I don’t know. I just said it for something to say.
我 我也不知道 我这话没别的意思
Don’t look at me like that.
你干吗要折服模样
Maxim what’s the matter ? What have I said ?
迈克西姆 怎么了 我说什么了
It wasn’t a very attractive thing to say was it ?
说这些话 可不怎么悦耳动听 是吗
No. It was rude hateful.
是的 既唐突 又叫人讨厌
I wonder if I did a very selfish thing in marrying you.
我怀疑自己娶你 是不是干了件极其自私的事
How do you mean ?
你这话是什么意思
I’m not much of a companion to you am I ?
我对你可不是个好伴侣 是吗
You don’t get much fun do you ?
你并没有得到很多乐趣 是吗
You ought to have married a boy someone of your own age.
你应该嫁给一个跟你年龄相仿的小伙子
Maxim why do you say this ? of course we’re companions.
麦克斯曼 你干吗这么讲 我们当然是终生伴侣
Are we ? I don’t know.
是吗 我可不敢说
I’m very difficult to live with.
我这个人恐怕很难相处
No you’re not difficult. You’re easy very easy.
不 一点也不难相处
Our marriage is a success isn’t it ? A great success ?
我们的婚姻是美满的 是天赐良缘
We’re happy aren’t we ? Terribly happy.
我们很快活 是吧 非常非常快活
If you don’t think we are happy
如果你认为我们不开心
It would be much better if you didn’t pretend.
我并不希望你言不由衷
I’ll go away.
我会离开的
Why don’t you answer me ?
你为什么不回答我
How can I answer you when I don’t know the answer myself?
叫我怎么回答你呢 连我自己也搞不清楚
If you say we’re happy let’s leave it at that.
如果你说我们是快活的 那就别再往下说了
Happiness is something I know nothing about.
我对幸福之事一无所知
Oh look there’s the one
看 那张
When I left the camera running on the tripod remember ?
我把相机放在三脚架上的时候拍的 记得吗
Pardon me madam. Is there anything I can do for you ?
不好意思 夫人 有什么我能为您效劳的吗
I’m all right Hilda. Thank you very much.
没事 希尔达 非常感谢
I’ll bring the sandwiches immediately madam.
我马上去拿三明治 夫人
Hilda. Yes madam ?
希尔达 是的 夫人
The west wing– nobody ever uses it anymore do they ?
西厢没有人再住过了 是吗
No madam. Not since the death of Mrs. De Winter.
没有 夫人 自从德温特太太死后就没人住了
Come along Mr.Jack or someone may see you.
过来 杰克先生 否则有人会看到你的
Well Danny old Harpy it’s been good to see you again.
丹尼 老女妖 很高兴再次见到你
I’ve been simply breathless to pick up all the news.
得知所有消息简直令我窒息
I don’t think it’s wise for you to come here Mr.Jack.
杰克先生 我认为您不该来这里
Jasper come here. Oh nonsense. It’s just like coming back home.
杰斯珀 过来 胡说 就像回家一样
Quiet Mr.Jack. Yes and we must be careful not to shock Cinderella.
轻一点 杰克先生 我得小心别惊动了灰姑娘
She’s in the morning room.
她在晨室
If you leave through the garden door she won’t see you.
如果你从花♥园♥的门离开 她不会看到你的
I must say I feel a little like the poor relation
我感觉有点像穷亲戚
Sneaking around through back doors.
从后门偷偷离开
Well toodleoo Danny. Goodbye Mr.Jack and be careful.
再见 丹尼 再见 杰克先生 小心点
Jasper quiet !
杰斯珀 别出声
Looking for me ? Oh I didn’t make you jump did I ?
在找我吗 我没吓着你吧
No of course not. I didn’t quite know who it was.
没有 当然没有 我根本不认识你
Yes you’re pleased to see me aren’t you old boy ?
很高兴见到我吧 老伙计
I’m glad there’s someone in the family to welcome me back to Manderley.
很高兴这个家有人欢迎我回到曼陀丽
And um how is dear old Max ?
亲爱的迈克斯老兄好吗
Very well thank you.
很好 谢谢
I hear he went up to London left his little bride all alone.
我听说他去伦敦了 留下他的小新娘独守空闺
That’s too bad.
这太糟糕了
Isn’t he rather afraid that somebody might come down and carry you off?
他难道不怕会有人来把你抢走?
Danny all your precautions were in vain.
丹尼 你百般提防 结果还是枉费心机
The mistress of the house was hiding behind the door.
屋子的女主人就躲在门背后呢
Oh what about presenting me to the bride ?
怎么不向新娘介绍我
This is Mr. Favell madam. How do you do ?
这位是费弗尔先生 夫人 你好
How do you do ?
你好
Won’t you have some tea or something ?
请留在这儿用茶点吧
Now isn’t that a charming invitation ?
这样盛情相邀 岂不让人心动
I’ve been asked to stay to tea Danny and I’ve a good mind to accept.
请我留下用茶点 丹尼 我还真想留下来呢
Oh well perhaps you’re right.
也许你是对的
Pity just when we were getting on so nicely.
可惜了 我们刚相处地很好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!