Uh Mrs. De Winter–
德温特太太
I mean the late Mrs. De Winter always did her correspondence
过去 德温特夫人在早餐后总在那儿
And telephoning in the morning room after breakfast.
写信 打电♥话♥
Thank you Frith.
谢谢 弗里思
Is anything wrong madam ?
怎么了 夫人
Oh no. Uh which way is the morning room ?
没有 晨室怎么走
Oh it’s that door there on the left. Oh yes thank you.
那边左边那扇门 好 谢谢
Mrs. De Winter ? Oh I’m afraid you’ve made a mistake.
德温特太太? 恐怕您弄错了吧
Mrs. De Winter’s been dead for over a year.
德温特太太去世已经一年多了
Oh I mean I–
我是说
That was the house telephone madam.
那是内线电♥话♥ 夫人
Probably the head gardener wishing instructions.
可能园丁长想要请示
Did you want to see me Mrs. Danvers ?
你要见我吗 丹弗斯太太
Mr. De Winter informed me that his sister Mrs. Lacy
德温特先生通知我 他姐姐莱斯太太
And Major Lacy are expected for luncheon.
跟莱斯少校会来用午餐
I’d like to know if you approve of the menu.
我想知道今天的菜单是不是合意
Oh well I-I’m sure it’s very suitable very nice indeed.
挺合适的 确实好极了
You’ll notice madam that I’ve left a blank space for the sauce.
请您看一下 在调味两字的边上我留出了空白
Mrs. De Winter was most particular about sauces.
过去德温特夫人非常讲究调味汁
Let’s have whatever you think that Mrs. De Winter would have wanted.
我看德温特夫人喜欢什么 你们就看着办好了
Thank you madam.
谢谢 夫人
When you’ve finished your letters Robert will take them to the post.
你的信什么时候写完 罗伯特会拿去邮局寄
My let– my letters ?
我的 我的信?
Oh yes of course. Thank you Mrs. Danvers.
是的 当然 谢谢 丹弗斯太太
How are you Frith ? Good morning Mrs. Lacy.
你好 弗里思 早上好 莱斯太太
Where’s Mr. De Winter ? I believe he went down to the farm with Mr. Crawley.
德温特先生在哪儿 跟克劳莱先生去农场了
How tiresome of him not to be here when we arrive and how typical !
真讨厌 我们来的时候 他老是不在
I must say old Danvers keeps the house looking lovely.
我必须说 老丹弗斯把这个房♥子管理得挺不错
She certainly learned that trick of arranging flowers from Rebecca.
她肯定跟丽贝卡学了花艺技巧
I wonder how she likes it now
我想知道现在她有多喜欢它
Being ordered about by an ex-chorus girl.
被一个交际花不断差遣
Where on earth did you get the idea she’s an ex-chorus girl?
你到底从哪儿得知她是以前是个交际花啊
He picked her up in the south of France didn’t he ?
他在法国南部搭上她的 不是吗
What if he did ? Well I mean to say there you are.
是又怎样 我的意思是说 那就是了
How do you do ? I-I’m Maxim’s wife.
您好 我是迈克西姆的太太
How do you do ?
你好啊
Well I must say you’re quite different from what I expected.
你跟我猜想的完全不同
Don’t be so silly. She’s exactly what I told you she’d be.
别说傻话了 她跟我和你讲的完全一样
Well how do you like Manderley ? Very beautiful isn’t it ?
觉得曼陀丽怎么样 很漂亮 不是吗
And how do you get along with Mrs. Danvers ?
跟丹弗斯太太相处得怎么样
Well I– I’ve never met anyone quite like her before.
以前我从未见过像她那样的人
You mean she scares you ? She’s not exactly an oil painting is she ?
你是说她使你害怕? 她那副尊容可实在上不了油画
Giles you’re very much in the way here. Go somewhere else.
贾尔斯 你话有点多啊 到别处去吧
I’ll try and find Maxim shall I ?
我去找迈克西姆 可以吗
Giles.
贾尔斯
I-I didn’t mean to say anything against Mrs. Danvers.
我无意说丹弗斯太太坏话
Oh there’s no need for you to be frightened of her.
你没必要怕她
But I shouldn’t have any more to do with her than you can help.
但我应该比她好相处
Shall we sit down ? Oh yes yes please.
我们可以坐下吗 当然 请坐
You see she’s bound to be insanely jealous at first
她起初一定会疯狂嫉妒
And she must resent you bitterly.
并且她肯定对你极度不满
Why should she ? Don’t you know ?
为什么 你不知道吗
I should have thought Maxim would have told you.
我还以为迈克西姆肯定跟你说起过
She simply adored Rebecca.
她对丽贝卡崇拜得五体投地
How are you Robert ? Quite well thank you madam.
你好 罗伯特 很好 谢谢 夫人
Still having trouble with your teeth ? Unfortunately yes madam.
牙还疼吗 还会疼呢 夫人
You should have them out all of them. Wretched nuisances teeth.
该把它们都拔掉 都拔掉 讨厌的东西 牙齿
Thank you madam. Ooh what a plateful.
谢谢 夫人 好大一盘啊
Do you hunt ? I don’t. I’m afraid I don’t even ride.
你会打猎吗 不会 恐怕我连骑马都不会
Oh have to ride down here. We all do.
一定要在这儿骑马 我们都会
Which do you ride sidesaddle or astride ?
你骑哪种 横座马鞍还是跨骑?
Oh yes of course I forgot. You don’t do you ?
对了 我忘了 你不会骑马
Huh you must. Nothing else to do down here.
你一定得学啊 这儿没什么事可做
Maxim when are you going to have parties here again like the old days ?
迈克西姆 你什么时候要再在这儿办派对 像以往一样
I haven’t thought about it. But everyone’s dying to see you and
我还没想过呢 但大家都期待看你和
Yes I bet they are.
诗啊 我肯定他们很期待
Why don’t you have the masquerade ball again ?
你怎么不再举办化妆舞会了呢
My dear are you fond of dancing ?
亲爱的 你喜欢跳舞吗
Oh I love it but I’m not very good at it.
喜欢 但我跳得不好
Do you Rhumba ? I’ve never tried.
你会跳伦巴吗 我没跳过呢
You must teach me.
你一定要向我请教
I say old boy I’m trying to find out exactly what your wife does do.
我说 老弟 我在尝试获悉你老婆到底会做什么
Well she sketches a little.
她会点素描
Sketches ! Not this modern stuff I hope.
素描 我希望不是什么现代主义的玩意
You know portrait of a lamp shade upside-down
画一个倒置灯罩的画像
To represent a soul in torment.
来表现痛苦中的灵魂
Don’t sail do you ? No I don’t.
会开船吗 不会
Well thank goodness for that. huh ?
谢天谢地 幸亏你不会
You’re very much in love with Maxim aren’t you ?
你很爱迈克西姆 对吗
Yes I can see you are.
我看得出来
Don’t mind my saying so but why don’t you do something about your hair ?
别介意我那么说 我觉得你的头发得好好弄一弄
Why don’t you have it cut or sweep it back behind your ears ?
为什么不剪一下 或者拢到耳朵后面去
Oh no that’s worse. What does Maxim say about it ?
不行 不行 这样更糟 迈克西姆怎么说
Does he like it like that ? Well he never mentions it.
他喜欢这样吗 他从来没提起过
Oh well don’t go by me.
那就别听我的
I can see by the way you dress you don’t care a hoot how you look.
从你的穿着看 你对服饰打扮压根不在乎
But I wonder Maxim hasn’t been at you.
真奇怪 迈克西姆怎么一点儿不在乎呢
He’s so particular about clothes.
他对穿着总是很挑剔的
I don’t think he ever notices what I wear.
我看他甚至根本不注意我的穿戴
Oh well he must have changed a lot then.
那么说来 他的性格大概变了
You mustn’t worry about old Maxim and his moods.
你无需担心老迈克西姆跟他的心情
One never knows what goes on in that quiet mind of his.
没人知道他脑袋瓜里在想什么
Often he gets into a terrible rage and when he does–
他经常大发脾气 当他发脾气的时候
But I don’t suppose he’ll lose his temper with you.
但我觉得他不会对你发脾气
You seem such a placid little thing.
你是个沉静的小乖乖
Come along old girl. We’ve got to be on the first tee at 3:00.
快走 老太婆 3点我们要去看高尔夫球赛
All right I’m coming.
行了 我来了
Well good-bye Maxim old boy.
再见 迈克西姆老弟
Good-bye Giles. Thanks for coming old boy.
再见 贾尔斯 感谢你的光临 老兄
Good-bye my dear. Forgive me for asking you so many rude questions.
在建 亲爱的 原谅我问了你那么多无礼的问题
We both really hope you’ll be very happy.
我们俩真的希望你们会很幸福
Oh thank you Beatrice. Thank you very much.
谢谢 比阿特丽斯 非常感谢
And I must congratulate you on the way Maxim looks.
我得恭喜你迈克西姆现在看起来很开心
We were very worried about him this time last year.
去年这个时候我们都很担心他
But then of course you know the whole story.
但另一方面 当然 你知道整件事情
Goodbye Beatrice darling. Goodbye old boy.
再见 比阿特丽斯 亲爱的 再见 老弟
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见 再见
Well thank heavens they’ve gone. Now we can have a walk about the place.
谢天谢地他们走了 现在我们可以去散散步了
Looks as though we might have a shower
看来我们要变落汤鸡了
But you won’t mind that will you ?
但你不会介意吧
No but I’ll go get a coat.
不介意 但我要去拿件外套
There’s a heap of mackintoshes in the flower room.
花房♥里一大堆胶布雨衣
Robert run and get a coat from the flower room for
罗伯特 快跑去花房♥拿件外套
Mrs.De Winter will you ?
给德温特太太 好吗
What did you think of Beatrice ? Oh I liked her very much.
你觉得比阿特丽斯怎么样 我很喜欢她
But she kept saying that I was quite different from what she expected.
她说我同她原先想象的不大一样
What the devil did she expect ?
她想象中的你究竟是什么样子
Oh someone smarter and more sophisticated I’m afraid.
我想 她以为我一定既漂亮又老练
Do you like my hair ?
你喜欢我头发得样子吗
Your hair ? Yes of course I do. What’s the matter with it ?
你的头发? 当然了 怎么会想到这上头的
Oh I don’t know. I just wondered.
没什么 我只不过随口问问
How funny you are.
你这人真怪
Thank you. Do I have to put it on ?
谢谢 必须穿上吗
Yes certainly certainly certainly. Can’t be too careful with children.
是 当然 不能老像个小孩似的要人关心
Come on Jasper. Come and take some of that fat off.
快来 杰斯珀 去溜溜腿 跑掉点脂肪
Jasper ! Here not that way !
杰斯珀 这边 不是那边
Come here!
过来这边
Where does that lead to ?
那通向哪儿
Oh it leads to a little cove where we used to keep a boat.
我们过去用来停船的小海湾
0h let’s go down there.
那我们去那儿吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!