Oh no it’s a perfectly dull uninteresting stretch of sand
不 那是个非常无聊的地方 无趣的绵延沙滩
Just like any other.
就像其它沙滩一样
Oh please. Well all right.
求你了 好吧
We’ll walk down and take a look if you really want to.
如果你真想去的话 那我们就下去看看
That’s Jasper. There must be something wrong. Perhaps he’s hurt himself.
是杰斯珀 那儿肯定有什么不对劲 他可能受伤了
No he’s all right. Don’t you think I’d better go and see ?
不 他没事 我最好还是过去看看吧
Don’t bother about him. He can’t come to any harm.
别担心 他不会受伤的
He’ll find his own way back.
他会自己回来的
Jasper ! Jasper !
杰斯珀 杰斯珀
Oh there you are.
你在这儿啊
What do you want in there Jasper ? Come on. Come on home.
你在那儿干吗 杰斯珀 快走 快回家
Let’s go home. Jasper. Jas–
我们回家吧 杰斯珀 杰斯
Oh I didn’t know that there was anybody–
我不知道有人住
I know that dog. He comes fr’ the house.
我认识这条狗 他来自那栋房♥子
He ain’t your’n.
他不是你的狗
No he’s Mr. De Winter’s dog.
对 他是德温特先生的狗
Have you anything I could tie him with ?
你有什么东西可以栓住他的吗
Come on Jasper.
来 杰斯珀
You won’t tell anyone you saw me in there will ya ?
你不会告诉别人在这儿看到过我吧
Don’t you belong on the estate ?
这房♥子难道不是你的吗
I weren’t doin’ nothin’. I was just puttin’ my shells away.
我什么也没干 我只是在收拾我的贝壳
She’s gone in the sea ain’t she ?
她被大海带走了 是吗
She’ll never come back no more.
她再也不会回来了
No she’ll never come back. Come on Jasper.
对 她永远不会回来了 快走 杰斯珀
Maxim ! What’s the matter?
迈克西姆 怎么了
Maxim !
迈克西姆
I’m sorry I was such a time but I had to find a rope for Jasper.
对不起我去了那么久 我找了根绳子拴住杰斯珀
Hurry up Jasper ! For heaven’s sake !
快点 杰斯珀 天哪
Please wait for me. Maxim what is it ? You look so angry.
请等等我 迈克西姆 怎么了 你看起来很生气
You knew I didn’t want you to go there but you deliberately went.
你知道我不想你去那边 但你非要去
Why not ?
为什么不让我去
There was only a cottage down there and a strange man–
下面只有一间小屋跟一个奇怪的男人
You didn’t go into the cottage did you ? Yes. The door
你没进去那间小屋吧 进了 门
Well don’t go there again do you hear ! Well why not ?
别再去那儿了 听见了吗 为什么
If you had my memories
如果你有跟我一样的回忆
You wouldn’t go there or even think about it !
你就不会去那里 根本连想都不会想
What’s the matter ? Oh I’m sorry. Please.
怎么回事 对不起 求你了
We should have stayed away. We should never have come back to Manderley.
我们该离开 我们原不该再回曼陀丽来
Oh what a fool I was !
我多蠢
I’ve made you unhappy. Somehow I’ve hurt you.
我让你难过 我伤害了你
Oh I can’t bear to see you like this
我无法忍♥受看到你这个样子
Because I love you so much.
因为我太爱你了
Do you ? Do you ?
真的? 真的?
I’ve made you cry. Forgive me.
我把你弄哭了 原谅我
I sometimes seem to fly off the handle for no reason at all.
有时我貌似会无缘无故发脾气
Don’t I ?
是吗
Come we’ll go home have some tea and forget all about it.
走吧 我们回家 喝点茶 把所有事都忘掉
Yes let’s forget all about it.
对 把所有事都忘掉
Here let me have Jasper.
给我 让我来牵杰斯珀
Hello. Come in. Oh please don’t get up Mr. Crawley.
你好 请进 请别起身 克劳莱先生
I was just wondering if you meant what you said the other day
我只是想问你前几天说的有关教我做事的
About showing me the run of things ?
话是不是真的
Of course I did. What are you doing now ?
当然是真的 你现在在干什么
Notifying all the tenants that in celebration
通知所有佃户 庆祝
Of Maxim’s return with his bride
迈克西姆新婚
This week’s rent will be free.
本周的租金全免
Oh was that Maxim’s idea ?
是迈克西姆的主意吗
Oh yes. All the servants get an extra week’s wages too.
是的 也将多付一周的薪水给所有的佣人
Oh he didn’t tell me.
他没告诉我
Can’t I help you ? I could at least lick the stamps.
我可以帮你吗 至少我可以帮忙贴邮票
That’s terribly nice of you. Won’t you sit down ?
你人真好 坐下吧
Oh yes thank you.
好 谢谢
I I was down at the cottage on the beach the other day.
前几天我去过沙滩上的小屋
There was a man there– a queer sort of person.
有个男人在那儿 一个怪人
Jasper kept barking at him. Oh yes. Must’ve been Ben.
杰斯珀一直冲着他叫 那肯定是本
Excuse me. He’s quite harmless.
不好意思 他并无恶意
We give him odd jobs now and then.
有时我们会给他点零活干
That cottage place seemed to be going to wreck and ruin.
那间小屋看起来破旧不堪
Why isn’t something done about it ?
为什么不去处理一下呢
Well I think if Maxim wanted anything done about it he’d tell me.
要是迈克西姆有意处理那屋子 我想他会对我说的
Are those all Rebecca’s things down there ?
那些都是丽贝卡的东西吗
Yes. yes they are.
是的 是的
What did she use the cottage for ?
她用那小屋做什么
The boat used to be moored near there.
那小屋以前是座船库
What boat ? What happened to it ?
什么船 她的船后来怎么了
Was that the boat she was sailing in when she was drowned ?
她是不是开那艘船出去的时候被淹死的
Yes. It capsized and sank. She was washed overboard.
是的 船翻了 她被海水冲出船舱
Wasn’t she afraid to go out like that alone ?
单独开船出去难道她不怕吗
She wasn’t afraid of anything.
她什么都不怕
Where did they find her ?
他们在哪儿找到她的
Near Edgecombe about 40 miles up channel about two months afterwards.
大概2个月之后 大约在离海峡40英里的埃奇库姆附近
Maxim went up to identify her. It was horrible for him.
迈克西姆去认尸 那对他来说太可怕了
Yes it must have been.
是 肯定
Mr. Crawley please don’t think me morbidly curious.
克劳莱先生 请别对我的好奇心见怪
It isn’t that. It’s just that I feel at such a disadvantage.
不是那样的 只是我感到有点处于劣势
All the time whenever I meet anyone
一直以来 不管什么时候我见到任何人
Maxim’s sister or even the servants
迈克西姆的姐姐 甚至是佣人
I know they’re all thinking the same thing.
我知道他们都在想同一件事
They’re all comparing me with her with Rebecca.
他们一直拿我跟丽贝卡比较
Oh you mustn’t think that.
你不该那么想
I can’t tell you how glad I am that you’ve married Maxim.
你跟迈克西姆结婚 我说不上来心里有多高兴
It’s going to make all the difference to his life.
他的生活因此而整个变了样
And from my point of view it’s very refreshing
依我所见 怎么说呢
To find someone like yourself who’s not entirely in tune
找到一个像你这样完全曼陀丽
Shall we say with Manderley.
不搭的人 非常新鲜
That’s very sweet of you. I dare say I’ve been stupid
你真好 我敢说我曾犯傻过
But every day I realize
我每时每刻总意识到
Beauty and wit and intelligence
美丽 风趣与智慧
And oh all the things that are so important in a woman.
还有 所有那些东西对一个女人来说都很重要
But you have qualities that are just as important–
但你有的那些重要的品质
More important if I may say so.
要我说的话 那更重要
Kindliness and sincerity
心地善良 待人诚挚
And if you’ll forgive me modesty
还有 如果你不见怪 谦逊端庄
Mean more to a husband
对于一个做丈夫的
than all the wit and beauty in the world.
比之世界上所有的机智和美貌更重要
We none of us want to live in the past. Maxim least of all.
任何人都不想活在过去里 尤其是迈克西姆
It’s up to you you know to lead us away from it.
能否引着大家从往昔的羁缚中挣脱出来 全靠你了
Well I promise you I won’t bring this up again
我保证我再也不会提这事了
But before we end this conversation
可在结束谈话之前
Would you answer just one more question ?
你能不能如实回答我一个问题
If it’s something I’m able to answer I’ll do my best.
如果我知道 我会尽量回答的
Tell me what was Rebecca really like ?
告诉我 丽贝卡到底长什么样
I suppose–
我猜想
I suppose she was the most beautiful creature I ever saw.
依我说 她是我有生以来见过的最美的女人
Good evening Maxim. Hello.
晚上好 迈克西姆 好
The films of the honeymoon have arrived at last.
蜜月旅行的片子终于送到了
Have we time do you think before dinner ?
你觉得晚餐之前我们能看看吗
Well what on earth have you done to yourself?
你到底对自己做了些什么啊
Oh nothing. I just ordered a new dress from London.
没什么 只是从伦敦订了件新衣服
I hope you don’t mind.
我希望你不会介意
Oh no. Only do you think that sort of thing is right for you ?
不 只是你觉得那样的东西适合你吗
It doesn’t seem your type at all. I thought you’d like it.
它看来完全不适合你 我以为你会喜欢的
And what have you done to your hair ?
还有你对你的头发做什么了
Oh I see.
我明白了
Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear. I’m sorry.
亲爱的 亲爱的 对不起
You look lovely lovely.
你看起来可爱极了
That’s very nice for a change.
改变一下也很好
Shall we see these pictures ?
我们可以看照片了吗
Yes I’d love to see them.
好 我很想看
Ah look now. Look at that.
快看 看那张

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!