There was someone sailing with her
这说明当时她和另一个人一起出航
and you have to find out who it was.
你现在得查明这人是谁
That’s it isn’t it Maxim ?
就时这么一回事 对吗 迈克西姆
You don’t understand. There was no one with her.
你不明白 没人跟她一起出海
It’s Rebecca’s body lying there on the cabin floor.
躺在船舱板上的是丽贝卡的尸体
Oh no.

The woman that was washed up at Edgecombe
被冲上埃奇库姆海岸的女人
The woman that is now buried in the family crypt
现在埋葬在家族墓地里的那个女人
That was not Rebecca.
不是丽贝卡
That was the body of some unknown woman
那是一个没人认领的无名女尸
Unclaimed belonging nowhere.
不知属于何方的女人尸体
I identified it but I knew it wasn’t Rebecca.
我认的尸 但我知道那不是丽贝卡
It was all a lie.
一切都是谎言
I knew where Rebecca’s body was.
我知道丽贝卡的尸体在哪里
Lying on that cabin floor on the bottom of the sea.
陈尸于海底的船舱板上
How did you know Maxim ?
你怎么知道的 迈克西姆
Because I put it there.
因为是我放在那儿的
Will you look into my eyes and tell me that you love me now ?
现在你还能看着我的眼睛 告诉我你爱我吗
You see ? I was right.
你看 我没说错
It’s too late.
太晚了
No it’s not too late. You’re not to say that.
什么太晚了 不许再说这话
I love you more than anything in the world.
我爱你胜过世间的一切
Oh please Maxim kiss me please.
求你了 迈克西姆 吻我 求你了
No. It’s no use. It’s too late.
不 没用了 太迟了
We can’t lose each other now.
现在我们不能失去彼此
We must be together always with no secrets no shadows.
我们必须永远在一起 没有秘密 没有阴影
We may only have a few days a few hours.
我们可能只剩几天 几个小时
Maxim why didn’t you tell me before ?
迈克西姆 你之前为什么不告诉我
I nearly did sometimes but you never seemed close enough.
有时我差点就讲出来了 但你那时的态度太冷漠
How could we be close when I knew you were always thinking of Rebecca ?
我看出你在想念丽贝卡 还叫我怎么跟你亲热
How could I even ask you to love me when I knew you loved Rebecca still ?
我看出你仍然爱着丽贝卡 怎么能要你再来爱我
What are you talking about ? What do you mean ?
你在胡说些什么 你这话什么意思
Whenever you touched me I knew you were comparing me with Rebecca.
每当你抚摸我的时候 我就想 你在拿我和丽贝卡相比
Whenever you looked at me or spoke to me
每当你对我说话 每当你看着我
or walked with me in the garden
或是同我一起在花♥园♥散步
I knew you were thinking
我知道你在想
“this I did with Rebecca and this and this.”
“我曾跟丽贝卡做过此事”
Oh it’s true isn’t it ?
我说的不对吗
You thought I loved Rebecca ? You thought that ?
你以为我爱丽贝卡? 你这么认为?
I hated her.
我恨她
Oh I was carried away by her
我曾为她着迷
Enchanted by her as everyone was.
为她心醉 跟所有人一样
And when I was married I was told I was the luckiest man in the world.
我娶她的时候 别人都说我是世界上最幸运的男人
She was so lovely
她长得那么美
So accomplished so amusing.
很聪明 很风趣
“she’s got the three things that really matter in a wife ”
大家都说
Everyone said.
“一个妻子得有三种美德”
“Breeding brains and beauty.”
“教养 头脑和姿色”
And I believed them completely.
我完全相信了他们的话
But I never had a moment’s happiness with her.
但跟她在一起我从未有过幸福的时刻
She was incapable of love
她不懂爱
Or tenderness or decency.
或是温柔或是宽容
You didn’t love her ? You didn’t love her ?
你不爱她? 你不爱她?
Do you remember that cliff where you first saw me in Monte Carlo ?
还记得那天我开车带你上蒙特卡洛山顶的情景吗
Well I went there with Rebecca on our honeymoon.
我曾跟丽贝卡一起到那儿度蜜月
That was where I found out about her.
那就是我们相遇的地方
Four days after we were married.
4天后我们就结婚了
She stood there laughing
她站在那儿笑
Her black hair blowing in the wind
她的一头黑发在风中吹起
And told me all about herself.
告诉我所有有关她的事
Everything.
所有事
Things I’ll never tell a living soul.
我绝不会告诉别人
I wanted to kill her.
我想要杀了她
It would have been so easy. Remember the precipice ?
那太容易了 记得那个悬崖吗
I frightened you didn’t I ? You thought I was mad.
我吓到你了 对吧 你以为我疯了
Perhaps I was. perhaps I am mad.
说不定我也确实是个疯子
It wouldn’t make for sanity would it living with the devil ?
跟魔鬼一起生活的人神智不可能健全 对吗
“I’ll make a bargain with you ” she said.
她说”我要跟你做笔交易”
“You’d look rather foolish trying to”
“刚结婚4天你就想跟我离婚”
“Divorce me now after four days of marriage ”
“你看来相当的愚蠢”
“So I’ll play the part of a devoted wife ”
“所以我会扮演一位贤妻”
“Mistress of your precious Manderley.”
“你珍贵的曼陀丽庄园的女主人”
if you like ”
“只要你愿意
“I’ll make it the most famous showplace in England
我可以使这所宅子成为全国首屈一指的闻名去处”
“And people will visit us and envy us ”
“人们会跑来做客 羡慕我们 ”
“And say we’re the luckiest happiest couple in the country.”
“在背地议论说我们俩是全英国最幸运 最美满的一对”
“What a grand joke it will be ! What a triumph !”
“多大的愚弄 同时又是多大的成功”
I should never have accepted her dirty bargain but I did.
我不该接受她那肮脏的交易 可我还是接受了
I was younger then and tremendously conscious of the family honor.
当时我过于年轻气盛 太过于在乎家族荣誉
Family honor.
家族荣誉
She knew that I’d sacrifice everything
她知道我宁愿牺牲一切
Rather than stand up in a divorce court
也不要站在离婚法庭上
And give her away admit that our marriage was a rotten fraud.
抛弃她 承认我们的婚姻是一场诈欺婚姻
You despise me don’t you ? As I despise myself.
你鄙弃我 是吗 连我自己都鄙弃我自己
You can’t understand what my feelings were can you ?
你无法明白我什么感受 你能吗
Of course I can darling. Of course I can.
我当然能明白 亲爱的 我当然明白
Well I kept the bargain. And so did she apparently.
我遵守协议 显然她也是
Oh she played the game brilliantly.
她非常遵守游戏规则
But after a while she began to grow careless.
但不久 她慢慢地放肆起来
She took a flat in London and she’d stay away for days at a time.
她在伦敦买♥♥了一套公♥寓♥ 定期会在那儿住几天
Then she started to bring her friends down here.
她开始把自己的一帮狐群狗党请到这儿来
I warned her but she shrugged her shoulders.
我向她提出过警告 她却毫不在意地一耸肩
“what’s it got to do with you ?” she said.
说”这跟你有什么关系”
She even started on Frank. Poor faithful Frank.
后来她竟同弗兰克调起情来 可怜的 忠实朋友
Then there was a cousin of hers a man named Favell.
她有个表哥 此人名叫费弗尔
Yes I know him. He came the day you went to London.
我认识这个人 你去伦敦那天他来过
Why didn’t you tell me ?
干吗不告诉我
I didn’t like to. I thought it would remind you of Rebecca.
我不想告诉你 我怕一说又会惹起你对丽贝卡的回忆
Remind me !
惹起我的回忆?
As if I needed reminding.
难道我还要别人来惹起回忆吗
Favell used to visit her here in this cottage.
费弗尔常常来这间小屋探望她
I found out about it and I warned her
我发现了此事 又一次提出警告
That if he came here again I’d shoot them both.
如果他再来这儿 我会开枪打死他们俩
One night when I found that she’d come back quietly from London
某夜当我发现她悄悄从伦敦回来的时候
I thought that Favell was with her
我以为费弗尔跟她在一起
And I knew then I couldn’t stand
我知道我已无法再忍♥受
This life of filth and deceit any longer.
这种充满污秽和欺诈的生活
I decided to come down here and have it out with both of them.
我决定过来跟他们俩同归于尽
But she was alone.
但她独自一人
She was expecting Favell but he hadn’t come.
她在盼望费弗尔的到来 但他没有
She was lying on the divan
她躺在长沙发椅上
A large tray of cigarette stubs beside her.
一大盘掐灭的的烟头放在她旁边
She looked ill queer.
她看上去生病了 不舒服
Suddenly she got up
她突然起身
Started to walk toward me.
开始向我走来
“when I have a child “she said
她说 “假如我有个孩子”
“Neither you nor anyone else could ever prove it wasn’t yours.”
“你跟我都无法证明孩子不是你生的”
“You’d like to have an heir wouldn’t you Max ”
“迈克斯 你想要个继承人 不是吗”
“For your precious Manderley?”
“为了你钟爱的曼陀丽”
Then she started to laugh.
她开始放声大笑
“How funny. how supremely wonderfully funny.”
“多有趣 真是有趣到极点 妙不可言”
“I’d be the perfect mother
“我将做一个十全十美的良母
just as I’ve been the perfect wife.”
就像我是个十全十美的贤妻”
“No one will ever know.”
“谁也不会了解事实真♥相♥”
“It ought to give you the thrill of your life Max ”
“那应该会使你的生活充满恐惧 迈克斯”
“to watch my son grow bigger day by day ”
“看着我的儿子一天天长大 ”
“And to know that when you die Manderley will be his. ”
“一旦你死了 这一切将全部都归他所有”
She was face to face with me
她面对着我
One hand in her pocket
一只手插在口袋里
The other holding a cigarette.
另一只手拿着香烟

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!