Oh Maxim Maxim.
迈克西姆 迈克西姆
Blackjack Brady was his name.
布莱克杰克·布莱德是他的名字
The most important arrest I ever made.
我曾办过的最重要的案件
It must have been about two years ago now.
2年之前的案件
Of course there was no doubt about it.
当然毫无疑问
He was hung a month after I caught him.
我逮捕他1个月后 他被处以绞刑
Hello wait a minute.
等一下
They’ve got old Balmy Ben up now.
他们带老伯米·本上来了
You remember the late Mrs. De Winter don’t you ?
你记得前任德温特太太吧
She’s gone. Yes we know that.
她死了 是的 我们知道
She went in the sea. The sea got her.
她出海 被大海吞噬了
That’s right that’s right. Now we want you to tell us
对的 我们想要你告诉我们
Whether you were on the shore that last night she went sailing.
那晚她出海 你是否在岸边
Were you on the shore
那晚她出去
That last night she went out when she didn’t come back ?
当她没返回的时候 你在岸边吗
I didn’t see nothin’. I don’t want to go to the asylum.
我什么都没看见 我不想要去精神病院
Them cruel folks there.
那儿有恶人
Now nobody’s going to send you to the asylum.
没人要送你去精神病院
All we want you to do is tell us what you saw.
我们只想要你告诉我们你所见到的
I didn’t see nothin’.
我什么也没看到
Come come. Did you see Mrs. De Winter get into her boat that last night ?
快点 你有看到德温特太太那晚有上她的船吗
I don’t know nothin’. I don’t want to go to the asylum.
我什么都不知道 我不想去精神病院
Very well you may go.
好了 你可以走了
You may go now.
你可以走了
Mr. Tabb would you step forward please ?
泰伯先生 请上前
The evidence you give will be the truth
你所说的证供属实
The whole truth and nothing but the truth ?
绝无半点虚假
I do so help me God.
我敢向上帝发誓
The late Mrs. De Winter
前任德温特太太
Used to send her boat to your shipyard for reconditioning.
过去常常把她的船送到你的船坞调修
That’s right sir. Can you remember any occasion
是的 长官 你还记得任何
When she had any sort of accident with the boat ? No sir.
当她开船造成船只出任何意外的原因吗 没有 长官
I often said Mrs. De Winter was a born sailor.
我经常说德温特太太是个天生的水手
Now when Mrs. De Winter went below as is supposed
当德温特太太走下甲板的时候 假设
And a sudden gust of wind came down
一场突如其来的飓风刮来
That would be enough to capsize the boat wouldn’t it ?
足以把船吹翻 不是吗
Excuse me sir but there’s a little more to it than that.
不好意思 长官 但还有其它的原因
What do you mean Mr. Tabb ? I mean sir the seacocks.
什么意思 泰伯先生 长官 我是说通海阀
What are the seacocks ? Seacock
什么是通海阀 通海阀
Oh well the seacocks are the valves to drain out the boat
通海阀是船抽水的阀门
And they’re always kept tight closed when you’re afloat.
当你在海上航行的时候 它们一直都是紧闭着的
Yes ?
然后呢
Well yesterday when I examined that boat I found they’d been opened.
昨天当我检查船只的时候 我发现它们被打开了
What could be the reason for that ? Just this.
会有什么后果 就是这样
That’s what flooded the boat and sunk her.
水渗进来把她淹没了
Are you implying That boat never capsized at all.
你是指 船根本就不是被吹翻的
I know it’s a terrible thing to say sir
长官 我知道这么不应该
But in my opinion she was scuttled.
但依我所见 她是被淹没的
And there’s them ‘oles. What holes ?
还有洞 什么洞
In her planking. What are you talking about ?
在她的翼板上 你在说什么
Of course that boat’s been underwater for over a year
当然 船已经在水下超过一年
And the tide’s been knocking her against the ridge
潮水使她的船撞到海脊
But it seemed to me the ‘oles looked as if she’d made ’em from the inside.
但是那些裂口看起来好像是她从里面造成的
Then you believe she must have done it deliberately ?
那么你认为她肯定是故意弄出来的
Couldn’t have been no accident not with her knowledge of boats.
以她对船的知识 不可能会出此意外
You knew the former Mrs. De Winter very well I believe ?
我相信 你对前任德温特太太很了解吧
Oh yes. Would you believe her capable of suicide ?
是的 你相信她会有自杀倾向吗
No frankly I would not but you never can tell.
不 坦白讲我不相信 但这很难说
You may stand down Mr. Tabb.
你可以下去了 泰伯先生
Mr. De Winter please.
德温特先生 请
I’m sorry to drag you back for further questioning Mr. De Winter.
抱歉又把你拉回来做进一步审讯
You’ve heard the statement of Mr. Tabb.
你已经听到泰伯先生的陈述了
I wonder if you can help us in any way.
我想知道你是否能给予帮助
I’m afraid not. Can you think of any reason why there should be holes.
恐怖帮不上忙 你能想到为何会有洞吗
In the planking of the late Mrs. De Winter’s boat ?
前任德温特太太的船船板上的洞
Well of course I can’t think of any reason.
我当然想不出任何原因
Has anyone ever discussed these holes with you before ?
之前有人曾跟你谈论过这些洞吗
Well since the boat has been at the bottom of the ocean
自从船沉于海底以来
I scarcely think that likely.
我几乎不可能想过
Mr. De Winter I want you to believe we all feel very deeply for you
德温特先生 我想你相信我们都为你感到难过
But I don’t conduct this inquiry for my own amusement.
但我不是为了自己的娱乐而举♥行♥这场审讯
That’s rather obvious isn’t it ? I hope that it is.
显而易见 不是吗 希望如此
Since Mrs. De Winter went sailing alone
因为德温特太太单独出海
Are we to believe she drove those holes herself?
难道我们就认为是她自己凿的那些洞吗
You may believe what you like.
随你怎么想
Can you enlighten us as to why Mrs. De Winter
你可以启发我们关于德温特太太为何
Should have wanted to end her own life ?
想要结束她自己的生命
I know of no reason whatever.
我不知道什么原因
Mr. De Winter however painful it may be
德温特先生 不管有多么痛苦
I have to ask you a very personal question.
我必须问你一个非常私人的问题
Were relations between you and the late Mrs. De Winter perfectly happy?
你跟前任德温特太太之间的感情很幸福吗
Were relations between you and the late Mrs. De Winter perfectly happy ?
你跟前任德温特太太之间的感情很幸福吗
I won’t stand this any longer ! And you might as well know now–
我不能再忍♥受了 你不妨现在就知道
We’ll adjourn till after lunch. Mr. De Winter
休庭直到午餐过后 德温特先生
I presume you’ll be available for us then ?
我相信那时你会为我们腾出时间来吧
I told you you should have had some breakfast.
我告诉过你该吃点早餐
You’re hungry. That’s what’s the matter with you.
你饿了 所以才会晕倒
Mr. Frith thought you might like to have
弗里思先生认为你们会想
Some lunch from the house and sent me with it.
吃家里做的午餐 所以让我送过来
Oh that’s fine Mullen.
太好了 穆勒
Can you pull around the corner ? Very good sir.
可以把车开到拐角处吗 好的 先生
Awfully foolish of me fainting like that.
我真是太笨了 这样都会晕倒
Nonsense. If you hadn’t fainted I’d have really lost my temper.
胡说 如果你没晕倒的话 我真的要发脾气了
Darling please be careful.
亲爱的 请小心点
Darling wait here a few moments.
亲爱的 在这儿等一会
I’ll see if I can find old Frank. Of course darling.
我去看看能否找到老弗兰克 去吧 亲爱的
Don’t worry about me. I’ll be all right. Sure ? All right.
别担心我 我会没事的 确定? 好的
Here have a spot of this. Do you good.
给 喝点这个 会舒服点的
Thank you.
谢谢
Sure you’re all right ? Yes of course.
你确定没事吗 确定
I won’t be long. Right you are.
不会很久的 行了
And how does the bride find herself today ?
新娘子今天觉得如何呀
I say marriage with Max is not exactly a bed of roses is it ?
我是说 跟迈克西姆的婚姻并不如意吧
I think you’d better go before Maxim gets back.
我觉得你最好在迈克西姆回来之前离开
Oh jealous is he ? Well I can’t say I blame him.
他会吃醋? 我根本无权指责他
But you don’t think I’m the big bad wolf do you ?
但你不认为我是个大坏蛋 是吗
I’m not you know. I’m a perfectly ordinary harmless bloke.
我可不是 我是个非常平凡又和善可亲的人
And I think you’re behaving splendidly over all this.
我觉得你对这件事处理的很好
Perfectly splendidly.
非常的棒
You know you’ve grown up a bit since I last saw you.
自从上次见过你之后 你稍微变成熟了
It’s no wonder. What do you want Favell ?
怪不得 你想干吗 费弗尔
Oh hello Max. Things are going pretty well for you aren’t they ?
你好啊 迈克斯 你过得很好吧
Better than you ever expected.
比你以前预期的更好
I was rather worried about you at first.
起初我还很担心你
That’s why I came down to the inquest.
所以我过来听审
I’m touched by your solicitude but if you don’t mind
我被你的关心所打动 但如果你不介意的话
We’d rather like to have our lunch.
我们想要用午餐了
Lunch ! I say what a jolly idea ! Rather like a picnic isn’t it ?
午餐 多么好的主意啊 更像是野餐 不是吗
I’m so sorry. Do you mind if I put this there ?
对不起 是否介意我把这个放在这儿
You know Max old boy
迈克斯 老兄
I really think I ought to talk things over with you.
我真的觉得我应该跟你商量点事
Talk what things over ?
商量什么
Well those holes in the planking for one thing.
首先 那些船板上的那些洞
Those holes that were drilled from the inside.
那些洞是从里面被凿开的
Oh Mullen ! Yes sir?
穆勒 什么事 先生
Would you like a good fellow have my car filled with petrol?
可以把我的车开去加油吗
It’s almost empty. Very good sir.
快没油了 好的 先生
And Mullen close the door will you ? Yes sir.
还有 穆勒 把门关上吧 是的 先生
Does this bother you ?
烟熏到你了吗
You know old boy I have a strong feeling
老兄 我有种强烈的感觉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!