We mustn’t lead the young bride astray must we Jasper ?
我们不可以带坏小新娘 对吧 杰斯珀
Good-bye. It’s been fun meeting you.
再见 很高兴见到你
Oh and by the way
顺便说一下
it would be very decent of you
要是你不在迈克斯面前提起我来过的事儿
If you wouldn’t mention this little visit to your revered husband.
那就太够朋友了
He doesn’t exactly approve of me.
他对我恐怕有点看法
Very well. That’s very sporting of you.
好的 你可真够朋友
I wish I had a young bride of three months waiting for me at home.
我还真希望有个结婚3个月的新娘在家里等着我呢
I’m just a lonely old bachelor.
我是个孤苦伶仃的光棍
Fare thee well.
祝你好运
Oh and I know what was wrong with that introduction.
我知道刚介绍错了
Danny didn’t tell you did she ? I am Rebecca’s favorite cousin.
丹尼没告诉你吧 我是丽贝卡喜爱的堂兄
Toodle-oo.
再见
Do you wish anything madam ?
太太 出了什么事
I didn’t expect to see you Mrs. Danvers.
我没想到会在这儿看到你 丹弗斯太太
I noticed a window wasn’t closed
我看到一扇窗没关
And I came up to see if I could fasten it.
所以我上来看看是不是能把它关严实
Why did you say that ?
您何必对我说窗子是开着的呢
I closed it before I left the room.
我离开屋子前就把窗关上了
You opened it yourself didn’t you ?
是您自己开的窗 对吗
You’ve always wanted to see this room haven’t you madam ?
你一直想看看这间房♥ 不是吗 夫人
Why did you never ask me to show it to you ?
您干吗以前不叫我领您来看呢
I was ready to show it to you every day.
我每天都准备陪您上这儿来
It’s a lovely room isn’t it ?
这是个可爱的房♥间 是吗
The loveliest room you’ve ever seen.
您从来没有见过这么可爱的房♥间吧
Everything is kept just as Mrs. De Winter liked it.
一切都照德温特太太喜欢的摆放着
Nothing has been altered since that last night.
自那晚以来所有东西都没变过
Come. I’ll show you her dressing room.
来 我带您参观她的衣帽间
This is where I keep all her clothes.
我把她所有的衣服都放在这里
You would like to see them wouldn’t you ?
你想看 不是吗
Feel this.
感受一下
It was a christmas present from Mr. De Winter.
那是德温特先生送给她的圣诞礼物
He was always giving her expensive gifts the whole year round.
他总是送她贵重的礼物 整年都是
I keep her underwear on this side.
我把她的内衣放在这边
They were made specially for her by the nuns in the convent of St. Claire.
它们是圣克莱儿修道院的修女们专门为她做的
I always used to wait up for her no matter how late.
我过去一直会等她回来 不管多晚
Sometimes she and Mr. De Winter didn’t come home until dawn.
有时她跟德·维特先生直到黎明时分才回来
While she was undressing she’d tell me about the party she’d been to.
她宽衣的时候 会告诉我有关她所去的派对的事
She knew everyone that mattered and everyone loved her.
她认识的所有相关人员 还有所有爱她的人
When she’d finished her bath
当她洗好澡的时候
She’d go into the bedroom and go over to the dressing table.
会走进卧室 然后走向梳妆台
Oh you’ve moved her brush haven’t you ?
你动过她的梳子 是吗
There that’s better– just as she always laid it down.
在这儿 好多了 就像她一直摆放的那样
“Come on Danny hair drill ” she would say.
她会说 “快点 丹尼 梳头发”
I’d stand behind her like this and brush away for 20 minutes at a time.
我像这样站在她身后 每次梳20分钟
And then she would say
然后她会说
“Good night Danny ” and step into her bed.
“晚安 丹尼” 然后她就上♥床♥休息
I embroidered this case for her myself
我亲手为她绣的这个衣套
And I keep it here always.
我一直把它放在这儿
Did you ever see anything so delicate ?
你有见过如此精美的东西吗
Look you can see my hand through it.
瞧 你可以透过它看到我的手
You wouldn’t think she’d been gone so long would you ?
你不会以为她已经离开很久了吧
Sometimes when I walk along the corridor
有时我沿着这条过道走着走着
I fancy I hear her just behind me.
简直觉得她就跟在我身后
That quick light step. I couldn’t mistake it anywhere.
听得见她那急促而又轻快的脚步声 我绝不会搞错
It’s not only in this room. It’s in all the rooms in the house.
不仅是在这个房♥间 这栋房♥的所有房♥间都一样
I can almost hear it now.
此刻我几乎也能听到
Do you think the dead come back and watch the living ?
你相信死去的人会回来看活着的人吗
No I don’t believe it.
不 我不相信
Sometimes I wonder if she doesn’t come back here to Manderley
有时我真怀疑 她是不是悄悄回到了曼陀丽
And watch you and Mr. De Winter together.
注视着您和德温特先生的一举一动呢
You look tired. Why don’t you stay here a while and rest
你看起来很累 何不待在这儿休息一会
And listen to the sea ?
听听大海的声音?
It’s so soothing.
非常平静
Listen to it.

Listen.

Listen to the sea.
听大海的声音
Tell Mrs. Danvers I wish to see her immediately.
告诉丹弗斯太太我要马上见她
You sent for me madam ?
您叫我吗 夫人
Yes Mrs. Danvers.
是的 丹弗斯太太
I want you to get rid of all these things.
我要你把这些东西都扔掉
These are Mrs. De Winter’s things.
这些是德温特太太的东西
I am Mrs. De Winter now.
现在我才是德温特太太
Very well. I’ll give the instructions.
好 我会照您的指示做的
Just a moment please.
请等一下
Mrs. Danvers I intend to say nothing to Mr. De Winter about
丹弗斯太太 我不会告诉德温维特先生有关
Mr. Favell’s visit.
费弗尔先生来访的事
In fact I’d prefer to forget everything that happened this afternoon.
事实上 我宁愿忘记一切今天下午所发生的一切
Oh Maxim Maxim you’ve been gone all day !
迈克西姆 迈克西姆 一整天没看到你了
You’re choking me. Well. Well well well.
你让我喘不过气来了
What have you been doing ? Oh I’ve been thinking.
你都做了些什么 我在思考呢
What did you want to do that for ? Come in here and I’ll tell you.
思考什么 进去我再告诉你
Darling could we have a costume ball
亲爱的 我们可以举♥行♥一场化妆舞会吗
Just as you used to ?
就像以往一样
Now what put that into your mind ?
怎么会有这个想法
Has Beatrice been at you ?
比阿特丽斯给你洗♥脑♥了?
No no but I feel that we ought to do something
不 不是 但我感觉我们应该做些什么
To make people feel that Manderley is just the same as it always was.
使人们觉得曼陀丽跟以往一样
Oh please darling could we ?
求你了 亲爱的 可以吗
You don’t know what it would mean you know.
你不知道那意味着什么
You would have to be hostess to hundreds of people all the county.
我要招待数百人 全国的人
And a lot of young people would come up
还有很多年轻人会从伦敦赶来
From London and turn the house into a night club.
会将房♥子变成夜♥总♥会♥那样
Oh yes but I want to. Oh please.
知道 但我想要嘛 求你了
I’ve never been to a large party but I could learn what to do.
我从未参加过大型派对 但我可以学习怎么做
And I promise you you wouldn’t be ashamed of me.
并且我向你保证 我不会让你丢脸的
All right if you think you’d enjoy it.
好吧 如果你觉得你会喜欢的话
You’d better get Mrs. Danvers to help you hadn’t you ?
你最好让丹弗斯太太来帮忙 好吗
No no. I don’t need Mrs. Danvers to help me.
不 不用 我不需要丹弗斯太太帮我
I can do it myself. All right my sweet.
我可以自己搞定 好吧 我的心肝
Oh thank you darling. Thank you.
谢谢 亲爱的 谢谢
Oh what’ll you go as ? Oh I never dress up.
你会打扮成什么 我从不打扮
That’s the one privilege I claim as the host.
那是作为主人的特权
What will you be ?
你会打扮成什么
Alice in Wonderland with that ribbon around your hair ?
漫游仙境里头发扎着缎带的爱丽丝吗
I won’t tell. I’ll design my costume
不告诉你 我会亲自设计我的服装
All by myself and give you the surprise of your life.
给你一个终身难忘的惊喜
Come in.
请进
Robert found these sketches in the library madam.
罗伯特在藏书室发现了这些画稿 夫人
Did you intend throwing them away ? Yes Mrs. Danvers I did.
你打算把它们扔掉吗 是的 丹弗斯太太
They were just some ideas I was sketching for my costume for the ball.
它们只是我为舞会服装画的设计稿
Hasn’t Mr. De Winter suggested anything ?
德温特先生没有给你什么建议吗
No I want to surprise him. I don’t want him to know anything about it.
没有 我要给他惊喜 不想让他知道
I merely thought that you might find a costume
我只不过想也许
Among the family portraits that would suit you.
在家族肖像画中你会找到适合你的服装
Oh you mean those at the top of the stairs ? I’ll go and look at them.
你是说挂在楼梯边上的那些画吗 我去瞧瞧
This one for instance. It might have been designed for you.
比如这幅 也许它是为你量身订做的
I’m sure you could have it copied.
我肯定你能如法炮制一件
I’ve heard
我听德温特先生讲过
Mr. De Winter say that this is his favorite of all the paintings.
这幅是所有油画里他最喜欢的一幅
It’s lady Caroline De Winter one of his ancestors.
这位是卡洛琳·德温特夫人 他的一位祖先
Oh well well that’s a splendid idea Mrs. Danvers.
真是个好主意 丹弗斯太太
I’m-I’m very grateful.
不胜感激
Everything under control Frith ? Yes sir. Thank you.
一切尽在掌控之中吗 弗里思 是的 先生 谢谢
Excuse me sir. Are you supposed to be a schoolmaster ?
抱歉问一句 先生 你是要扮演一位校长吗
Oh no this is just my old cap and gown.
不是 这件只是我的旧方帽长袍
Certainly makes a very nice costume sir and economical too.
无疑是件不错的服装 先生 也很节俭
Yes. That was the idea.
是 我就是这么想的
Good evening Robert. Not very good weather for the ball.
晚上好 罗伯特 不大适合开舞会的天气
No sir. Very misty on the way and very chilly.
是的 先生 路上雾很大 很冷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!