For the love of Pete! Come here!
以圣彼得爱之名 快来
What do you think ? My daughter’s engaged to be married.
你觉得如何 我女儿要结婚了
Oh really ? How nice. We must leave for New York at once.
真的吗 太好了 我们必须马上启程去纽约
Get reservations on the Aquitania and we’ll take the 12..
在亚奎丹尼亚订票
30 train for Cherbourg.
我们搭12点半的火车前往瑟堡
Hurry up and get a maid to help with the packing. We’ve no time to waste.
快点 找个女仆帮忙收拾行李 我们没时间可耽误了
Go on and don’t dawdle !
快去啊 别磨磨蹭蹭的
Mr. De Winter please.
请接德温特先生
Oh he’s gone out riding ?
他出去骑马了?
He won’t be back till noon ?
中午才能回来?
Oh well give me the porter please.
请 帮我叫个门童
I’ll go and see if there’s anything left in my room.
我去看看是否有东西落房♥间了
Has Mr. De Winter come in yet ?
德温特先生回来了吗
Oh he has ? Would you connect me please ?
回来了? 请帮我接通他的电♥话♥
Oh I-I was looking for my book. I-I suppose I’ve packed it.
我 我在找我的书 我想 已经打包了
Well come on. The car’s waiting at the door.
快点 车在门外等着呢
I’d like to leave a forwarding address if they happen to find that book.
我要去留个转寄地址 如果他们找到那本书的话
Would you ring Mr. De Winter please ?
请帮我接德温特先生的电♥话♥
Yes madam. Cent vingt-deux.
是 夫人 122房♥间
There isn’t any answer.
没人接
Thank you.
谢谢
Tell her to hurry up ! Yes madam.
叫她快点 好的 夫人
I was looking for Mr. De Winter.
我找德温特先生
Mr. De Winter just ordered breakfast in his room mademoiselle.
德温特先生刚订了早餐送去房♥间 小姐
Come in.
请进
Hello. What are you doing here ? Anything the matter ?
你好啊 怎么了 发生什么事了
I’ve come to say good-bye. We’re going away.
我是来道别的 我们就要走了
What on earth are you talking about ? It’s true.
你在胡说八道些什么 是真的
We’re going now and I was afraid I wouldn’t see you again.
我们马上要走了 我怕再也见不到你了
Where is she taking you to ?
她要带你去哪儿
New York. I don’t want to go.
纽约 可我不想去
I shall hate it. I shall be miserable.
我恨纽约之行 我会很苦恼的
I’ll dress in here. I shan’t be long
我去换衣服 很快就好
Which would you prefer New York or Manderley?
你比较喜欢哪个 纽约还是曼陀丽
Oh please don’t joke about it. Mrs. Van Hopper’s waiting
别开玩笑了 范·霍珀太太正在等着
And I-I’d better say good-bye now.
我最好马上说再见
I repeat what I said.
我再重复一遍
Either you go to America with Mrs. Van Hopper
你要跟范·霍珀太太去美国
Or you come home to Manderley with me.
还是跟我一起回曼陀丽
You mean you want a secretary or something ?
你是说 你想雇一个秘书之类的人?
I’m asking you to marry me you little fool.
我是要你嫁给我 你这个小傻瓜
Come in.
请进
Is that my food? I’m famished. I didn’t have any breakfast.
是我的吗 我饿死了 一点早餐都没吃呢
Ah my suggestion didn’t seem to go at all well. I’m sorry.
你对我的建议好像不领情啊 抱歉
Oh but you don’t understand.
你不懂
It’s that I’m not the sort of person men marry.
男人可不找我这样的人结婚
What on earth do you mean ?
你这话究竟是什么意思
I don’t belong in your sort of world for one thing.
至少有一点 我不是你那个圈子里的人
What is my sort of world ?
什么圈子
Oh well Manderley. You know what I mean.
曼陀丽啊 你知道我的意思
Well I’m the best judge of whether you belong there or not.
你是不是属于那个圈子 只有我才能下判断
Of course if you don’t love me then it’s a different thing.
当然 如果你不爱我 那就是另一回事了
Fine blow to my conceit that’s all.
这对我的自负倒是一个很好的教训
Oh I do love you. I love you most dreadfully.
我爱你 非常非常爱
I’ve been crying all morning because I thought I’d never see you again.
我整个早上都在哭 因为我以为再也见不到你了
Bless you for that.
愿上帝保佑你
I’ll remind you of this one day and you won’t believe me.
某天我会使你想起此事 你不会相信我
It’s a pity you have to grow up.
很遗憾你必须长大
Well now that’s settled you may pour me out some coffee.
现在搞定了 你可以帮我倒杯咖啡了
Two lumps of sugar and some milk please.
加两块糖跟一些牛奶 谢谢
Same with my tea. Don’t forget.
茶也一样 别忘了
Who’s going to break the news to Mrs. Van Hopper ? You or I?
谁去跟范·霍珀夫人谈这件事儿 你去还是我去
Oh you tell her. She’ll be so angry.
你去跟她说 她一定会气个半死
What’s the number of her room ?
她房♥间电♥话♥多少
Oh she’s not there. She’s downstairs in the car.
她不在房♥间 她在楼下车里
Hello. Give me the desk please.
喂 请帮我接前台
Hello. You’ll find Mrs. Van Hopper waiting outside in her car.
喂 你会看到范·霍珀太太在外面车里等着
Would you ask her with my compliments
你去叫她 并代我向她致意
If she’d very kindly come up and see me in my room ?
问她是否愿意来我房♥间
Yes in my room.
是的 到我房♥间
Mr. De Winter says please for you to come up to his room.
德温特先生说请你到他房♥间
Mr. De Winter ? Why certainly.
德温特先生? 乐意之极
This isn’t at all your idea of a proposal is it ?
这并不是你理想中的求婚 是吗
It should be in a conservatory
应该在温室中
You in a white frock with a red rose in your hand
你穿着白色连衣裙 手里拿着一束红玫瑰
And a violin playing in the distance
并且在远处有人拉着小提琴
And I should be making violent love to you behind a palm tree.
我该站在棕树后面像你求爱
Poor darling. Never mind.
亲爱的小可怜 不用担心
Oh I don’t mind.
我不担心
Don’t worry. Don’t worry. You won’t have to say a word.
别担心 你无需开口
I’m so glad you called me Mr. De Winter.
很高兴你叫我来 德温特先生
I was making a hasty departure. It was so rude of me not to let you know.
我正赶着离开 没告诉你真太不礼貌了
But a cable came this morning announcing
今早有个电报发过来说
That my daughter is engaged to be married.
我女儿要结婚了
That’s rather a coincidence Mrs. Van Hopper.
那太巧了 范·霍珀太太
I asked you up here in order to tell you of my engagement.
我叫您来这儿 正是为了告诉您我订婚的事
You don’t mean it ! Oh how perfectly wonderful !
你不会是开玩笑吧 太棒了
How romantic. Who is the lucky lady ?
多么浪漫啊 谁是那位幸运的姑娘
I apologize for depriving you of your companion in this abrupt way.
我为以如此唐突的方式夺走您的同伴而道歉
I do hope it won’t inconvenience you too greatly.
我真希望不会为您造成太大的不便
When did all this happen ?
这些都是什么时候发生的事
Just now Mrs. Van Hopper. Just a few minutes ago.
就刚才 范·霍珀太太 就在几分钟之前
I simply can’t believe it.
我简直不敢相信
I suppose I ought to scold you for not
我想我应该因你没跟我
Having breathed a word of all this to me.
透露半点风声而责怪你
What am I thinking of?
我在想什么呀
I shall give you both my congratulations and blessings.
我该恭喜祝福你们俩
I’m very happy for you both. When and where is the wedding to be ?
我真替你们俩开心 什么时候在哪里举♥行♥婚礼
Here as soon as possible. A whirlwind romance !
在这儿 越快越好 闪电结婚啊
Splendid ! I could easily postpone my sailing for a week.
好极了 我可以推迟船期1周
This poor child has no mother
这可怜的孩子没有母亲
So I shall take responsibility for all the arrangements–
所以我该承担所有安排事物的责任
Trousseau reception and everything.
嫁妆 接待等等
And I’ll give the bride away. But our luggage.
并由我将新娘交给新郎 但我们的行李
Go down and tell the porter to take everything out of the car.
下去告诉门僮把所有东西都从车里搬出来
Just a minute.
等等
We’re most grateful but I think we’d both
我们不胜感激 但我想我们俩
Prefer to have it as quiet as possible.
都比较喜欢低调处理此事
I couldn’t possibly allow you to change your sailing plans. Oh but
我不能让您改船期 但是
No no no. Dear I’ll go down and see that your luggage is brought back.
不 亲爱的 我下去看看 把你的行李拿回来
Thank you Maxim.
谢谢 马克西姆
So this is what’s been happening during my illness.
那么 这事是在我生病期间发生的
Tennis lessons my foot !
网球课 那才怪呢
I suppose I have to hand it to you for a fast worker.
我猜我得颁个闪电恋爱奖给你
How did you manage it ? Still waters certainly run deep.
这事怎么给你办成的 静水流深啊
Tell me have you been doing anything you shouldn’t ?
你说 你有没有做什么不该做的事情
I don’t know what you mean.
我不明白你在说些什么
Oh well never mind.
好吧 没有关系
I always did say that Englishmen have strange tastes.
我常说英国男人的品味很怪异
But you certainly have your work cut out as mistress of Manderley.
你今后要担负曼陀丽女主人的职责
To be perfectly frank with you my dear I can’t see you doing it.
说句老实话 亲爱的 我看你根本对付不了
You haven’t the experience.
你没有经验
You haven’t the faintest idea what it means to be a great lady.
你一点也不懂做一名好夫人意味着什么
Of course you know why he’s marrying you don’t you ?
当然 你知道他为什么要娶你
You haven’t flattered yourself that he’s in love with you.
你不会自欺欺人地以为他爱着你吧
The fact is that empty house got on his nerves to such an extent
实际情况是一幢空房♥子弄得他神经受不了
He nearly went off his head.
简直要把他逼疯
He just couldn’t go on living alone.
他只是无法继续独居
You’d better leave Mrs. Van Hopper. You’ll miss your train.
范·霍珀太太 你该走了 你会赶不上火车的
Hmm. Mrs. De Winter.
德温特太太

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!