你再也不去跟你父亲见面
You stopped seeing your father
因为你已经再也不需要他
when you didn’t need him
带你去看球赛了
to take you to the games any more.
然後我们就必须要理解你
And we’re supposed to understand
因为足球就是足球
because football’s football.
当我们想到保罗,我们就会想到兵工厂
When we think of Paul,we think of Arsenal.
这让我作呕!
lt makes me sick!
我恨死今天下午了
l hated this afternoon.
你想知道为什麽?
D’you wanna know why?
因为你如果不再迷兵工厂的话
Because if you didn’t give a toss about Arsenal,
你到底还剩甚麽?
what are you left with?
你付五镑去站在水泥块上
You pay to stand on a lump of concrete.
甚麽都看不见,甚至也不安全
You can’t see anything, you’re not even safe.
而你都不能抱怨
And you can’t complain
因为这会让其他人失望
because that would be letting the lads down.
会显示你不够关心兵工厂
That’d show you didn’t care enough.
至少我们是有可以关心的事
Well, at least we care about something.
至少我们不用一夜又一夜
At least we’re not in night after night
担心我们的课程大纲
worrying about our lesson plans.
又或是伯恩茅斯可能有三♥级♥风
Whether a Scale 3 might come up in Bournemouth.
也许有天你会学到
Perhaps one day you’ll learn
去关心一样你无法挑剔的东西
to care about something you can’t tick.
谢谢
Thanks.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
足球对我而言有太多的意义
[Paul] Football has meant too much to me
而最终也代表了太多东西
and come to represent too many things.
过了这麽久
After a while,
这一切都在你的脑中混作一团
it all gets mixed up together in your head.
你已记不起究竟自己的
You can’t remember whether
人生这麽烂是因为兵工厂很烂
life’s shit because Arsenal’s shit
或其实应该要反过来才对
or the other way round.
我已经看了太多太多比赛
l’ve been to watch far too many games,
花了太多金钱
spent far too much money.
当我其实应该要为了
Fretted about Arsenal
其他事不安的时候
when I should have been
却为兵工厂惶惶不安
fretting about something else.
我已对我爱的人们要求了太多
l’ve asked too much of the people I love.
好啊,这些我全部接受
OK, I accept all that.
也许这就是你永远不能理解的事
Perhaps it’s something you can’t understand
除非你也属於其中之一
unless you belong.
但这又怎样…?
But what about this…?
还有三分钟
Three minutes to go
而在准决赛中你的队伍比数二比一
and you’re two-one up in a semi-final.
你环顾四周看见数千张脸孔
You look around and see thousands of faces
充斥着恐惧,希望与担心
contorted with fear and hope and worry.
大家都疯狂着
Everyone lost.
其他一切都抛至脑後
Everything else gone out of their heads.
随之哨声响起
Then the whistle blows
大家都亢奋起来
and everyone goes spare.
而仅只有这几分钟
And just for those few minutes,
你有如身处世界中心
you’re at the centre of the whole world.
事实上为何你如此在意这些呢
And the fact that you care so much,
因为正是你制♥造♥出的这些喧嚣
that the noise you’ve made
都成为其中很重要的一部分
has been such a crucial part of it,
这令球赛变得如此特别
is what makes it special.
你就像场上的球员一样重要
You’ve been as important as the players
而如果你没有这种经历
and if you hadn’t been there,
说实话,谁又会在意甚麽足球呢
who’d have been bothered about football, really?
好的方面是
The great thing is,
这是能反覆体验到的
it comes round again and again.
总是会有下个赛季
There’s always another season.
如果你的队伍在五月输了盃赛决赛
lf you lose the Cup Final in May,
一月还能期待第三轮比赛
there’s the third round to look forward to in January.
这有哪里不对?
What’s wrong with that?
其实这很令人安心
lt’s actually pretty comforting
如果你仔细想想的话
if you think about it.
但总有些时刻
But every now and then –
并不常发生,但确实会发生
not very often, but it happens –
你会感受到这世界并不是这样运作
you catch a glimpse of a world
的一丝暗示
that doesn’t work like that.
这个世界并不在五月停止
A world that doesn’t stop in May
而又在八月重启
and begin again in August.
总有些事物不会再回到身边
There’s some stuff that just never comes back.
也有些事物无法抹灭
And some stuff that just won’t go away.
以及有些事物令你无法忽略
And some stuff that you couldn’t ignore
就算你极力想这麽作
even if you wanted to.

Hello.
(是我)
[Paul] ‘lt’s me.’
你知道现在几点了?
Do you know what time it is?
(对,我很抱歉)
‘Yeah, and I’m sorry.’
听着,你是不是怀孕了?
Listen, are you pregnant?
这些是给我的?
Are these for me?

Yeah.

Flowers.
我推测他们曾经是吧
l suppose they were,
在好久好久以前
once upon a time.
谢谢
Thank you.
走吧,乔
Come on, Jo.

Oh.
还有巧克力!
And chocolates!
我想这发生的时机对我刚好
lt’s come just at the right time for me.
我想这发生的时机对我刚好
lt’s come just at the right time for me.
反正我也厌倦了这些泡酒吧啊足球的事
l was gettin’ bored with that pub and football stuff.
你也只能花那麽多时间
You can only spend so much time
去玩桌上足球了
playing Subbuteo.
有了孩子确实是不错的想法
Having a kid’s a brilliant idea.
倒不真的是个想法
lt wasn’t really an idea.
但之後会是的
lt might as well have been.
这样很好
lt’s perfect.
并不只是因为宝宝
lt’s not just the baby.
是,你知道的,也是因为你
lt’s, you know, it’s you as well.
我想我们在一起很好
l think we’re good together.
我还以为我是珍布罗迪(《春风不化雨》)
l thought I was Miss Jean Brodie.
我错了。我一直都在想这件事
l was wrong. l’ve been thinking about this.
你就是乔治葛拉汉
You’re George Graham.
兵工厂教练
The Arsenal manager.
而这样很好,对吗?
And that’s good, is it?
非常好
lt’s brilliant.
你很关心人又很有条理
You’re careful and organised
做事又很有方法
and methodical and all that.
这就是为何我们能走下去
That’s why we work.
我需要一个像这样的人
l need somebody like that.
如果你需要像我这样的人…
And you need somebody like me….
会跟球队一样合作无间
Work well as a team.
甚至不只是球队,是整个球会
Not even as a team, as a club.
保罗,你胡言乱语十分严重
Paul, you do talk some terrible nonsense.
不,这是实话
lt’s not. lt’s the truth.
我都已经想清楚了
lt’s all working out.
妻子与孩子,会对我有帮助
Wife and baby, that’ll do me.
谁说过关於妻子的事了?
Who said anything about a wife?
我们会想要认真好好规划的,对吗?
We’d want to do it properly, wouldn’t we?
连恩?如果是男孩的话
Liam? lf it’s a boy.
史上最伟大的兵工厂球员
The greatest Arsenal player ever
但这是好名字
but it’s a nice name.
找工作也有优势
Better apply for the job.
甚麽工作?
What job?
罗西空出的学年主任职位,我之前拒绝-
Rosie’s Head of Year job. I said no –
但现在,太好了,绝佳时机
but now, brilliant.Perfect timing.
我们会需要更多点钱
We’ll need a bit more money
因为我们得买♥♥间房♥
’cause we’ll need a house.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!