保罗… – 泰德反正都会很高兴的
Paul…- Ted’ll be pleased, anyway.
连恩,真不错 – 保罗…
Liam, brilliant. – Paul…
我们还是可以住球场附近
We could live near the ground.
很便宜,因为没人想要家门口
lt’s cheap ’cause no-one wants a football stadium
有个足球场。我可以多付一点
on their doorstep.l’d pay extra
但我们不会跟地♥产♥经纪人说这些
but we won’t tell the estate agent.
房♥贷,妻子,孩子-真棒
Mortgage, wife, kid – cool.
保罗,你说的都太胡来了
Paul, none of this is real.
你跟个小孩似的
You’re behaving like a little kid.
我居然被个十二岁小鬼搞怀孕了!
l’ve been impregnated by a 1 2-year-old!
哦,谢了
Oh, thanks.
十分感谢
Thanks very much.
抱歉
Sorry about that.
没事,先生
No problem, sir.
抱歉,你刚说甚麽?
Sorry, you were saying?
保罗,这正是我想说的
Paul, this is exactly what I mean.
这只是不凑巧,以前从没这样过
That was just a one-off.Never happened before.
我保证这绝不是今後常有的事
l promise it won’t bea regular feature of life.
保罗…
Paul…
我还没决定好自己的心意
l haven’t made up my mind
是否要这麽作
what I’m doing about this yet.
你懂吗?
Do you understand?
我懂
Yes.
不,我其实不懂
No, not really.
我看不出这会有好结果
l can’t see this working out.
这是我最後的机会了 – 别傻了你怎麽这麽说
lt’s my last chance. – Don’t be silly.
不知道,我只是有这样的感觉
lt’s just what it feels like.
你有准备会成为单亲家庭吗?
Are you prepared to be a one-parent family?
因为我觉得如果我们决定要这麽继续下去
l think if we go through with this,
我们其中一人就会成为单亲家庭了
one of us is gonna have to be.
不可能,这将会很完美的
No, it’ll be brilliant.
我想我从乔治伊斯腾还在队内时
l don’t think l’ve been
就没看球赛了
since George Eastham was in the team.
那是在我开始看球之前了
Before my time.
他是个好球员
He was a lovely player.
是那种你再也得不到的好球员
The sort you don’t get any more.
柔软,会思考又优雅
Languid and thoughtful and elegant.
你该来看看东尼亚当斯
You should come and watch Tony Adams.
总之呢,我可以怎麽帮你?
How can I help, anyway?
关於学年主任的职位我改变心意了
l changed my mind about that Head of Year job,
如果还不迟的话
if it’s not too late.
不,不,太好了,我很高兴
No. No, excellent. I’m very pleased.
是有几个人已经来申请
l’ve had a couple of applications
但我很高兴能加上你的名字
but l’d be glad to add your name.
谢谢
Thank you.
有甚麽特别的理由
Any particular reason
能让你改变主意了?
for the change of mind?
有的,其实。是
There is, actually, yes.
呃,那个,嗯
Er, Miss, um…
呃,休斯小姐怀孕了
Well, Miss Hughes is pregnant.
莎拉休斯?教历史的?
Sarah Hughes? History?
是的,是的,当然
Yes, yes, of course.
嗯…这…我不,嗯…
Um… Well, I didn’t, um…
我是说,他…
l mean, she…
这又怎麽影响到你?
How does this affect you?
抱歉,不是的,我跳过了一些事
Sorry, no. I left a bit out.
孩子的爸是我
I’m the father.
我应该要先直接告诉你
l should’ve told you that
这件事才对,是不是?
straight away, shouldn’t l?
总之,是的,我们要有孩子了
Anyway, yes,we’re having a baby.
我还没从他那听说
l haven’t heard this from her.
你现在就从我这听到了
You’re hearing it from me, now.
抱歉,保罗,我不能分享你的喜悦
Sorry, Paul, I can’t share your joy.
莎拉才刚来这没多久
Sarah’s been with us five minutes
而我们之中的同事就搞大他肚子!
and a member of staff has knocked her up!
我已经打算要跟他结婚的
I’m intending to marry her and everything.
我们不会让学校蒙羞
We won’t embarrass the school.
你们已经让学校蒙羞了!
You already have embarrassed the school!
我们到底还要怎麽教导孩子们
How on earth are we supposed to talk to kids
关於责任感跟避孕措施
about responsibility and contraception
跟…跟其他的事情
and…and the rest of it
当教师本身自己就…
when the staff themselves…
我说不出话来了!
Words fail me!
我还以为你会高兴 – 高兴甚麽?
I thought you’d be pleased.- About what?
秘密绯闻?意外怀孕?
The clandestine affair? The accidental pregnancy?
也许不是那些部分
Not those bits, maybe,
但我申请这份职位空缺
but me applying for the job.
这部分很好,不是吗?
That’s good, isn’t it?
你是傻了吗,保罗?
Are you a complete fool, Paul?
我等下再跟你说
I’ll talk to you later.
好,好好。
Yeah, OK, OK.
冷静下来
Calm down.
我要你们在下半场
l want you to take your foot off the gas
稍微慢点儿
in the second half.
把对方踢到十五比零
What’s the fun of beating a team
还是二十比零是有多好玩?
1 5 or 20-nil?
超好玩!!
lt’s brilliant fun!
好吧,就放轻松点,嗯?
All right. Just take it easy, eh?
你们跟秃鹰似的
You’re like vultures.
现在上吧!
Now go on!
快,孩子们!
Come on, lads!
哦,嗨。
Oh, hi.
我们赢了八比零
We’re winning 8-nil.
呃,九比零了
Er, 9-nil.
冷静点!!
[Shouts to boys] Calm down!
你是疯了吗?
Are you a complete fool?
你去找过泰德了
You’ve been to see Ted.
他对我们不是很高兴
He’s not best pleased with us.
你还要告诉谁?孩子们吗?
Who else are you gonna tell? The kids?
我们可以在开会的时候搞一场是吗
We could recreate what we did in assembly.
找盒保险套一起带去啊
Find the Durex that split and bring it in.
我会丢了工作的!
l could lose my job!
学校不能因为你怀孕就开除你
They can’t sack you for getting pregnant.
我还没在这待的久到能请产假
l haven’t been here long enough for maternity leave.
工会会帮忙
The union’ll help.
这些都不是重点,保罗
None of this is the point, Paul.
重点是
The point is…
我告诉过你多少次
How many times have I told you
要照着规矩来?
about playing to the whistle?
等下打电♥话♥给我好吗?
Call me later, OK?
好,如果我们…
See, if we…
该死!该死!该死!
Fuck! Fuck! FUCK!
快上啊,你们这些软腿!
Come on, you useless shower!
这群小子全都烂透了,踢翻他们!
This lot are crap -get stuck in!
我不是心理学家
I’m not a psychologist…
但我能推测你开始吸菸这件事
but l’d suggest that taking up smoking
发生在发现自己怀孕的这礼拜
the week you find out you’re pregnant
指出了一定程度的矛盾心理
indicates a certain ambivalence
对於你怀孕的事实
towards the pregnancy on your part.
他要放弃这些了
He’s given up.
保罗吗? – 嗯
Paul?! – Mm-hm.
他可是说作就作的人
Mr First Thing in the Morning?
是。我们都已经表达好自己立场了
Yeah. We’re both making it clear where we stand.
我开始喝酒抽菸
l start drinking and smoking
而他放弃了所有事情
and he’s given everything up.
这太可怕了
This is horrible.
我不想管这会给我多少伤害
l don’t care how much damage it’s doing to me.
如果这一切有你想的这麽糟
So if everything’s as bad as you make out,
你怎麽没有去皮特洛赫里找工作呢?
how come you’re not applying for jobs in…Pitlochry?
我知道保罗简直是疯子
l know Paul’s gone completely mad.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!