希望卧床休息没有让你烦躁不安
I hope your confinement hasn’t made you restless.
你是怎么消磨时间的?
How have you been passing the time?
我考虑了一些要做的事,海伦
I’ve made some resolutions, Helen.
– 可能明年要稍微晚一点开始 – 迟做总比不做强
– A little late in the new year, perhaps. – Better late than never.
能告诉我们都是什么事吗,阿瑟?
May we know what they are, Arthur?
当然可以
Why not?
第一
One.
一旦健康状况允许,我就马上去欧洲大♥陆♥
To travel to the Continent as soon as my health permits.
– 明智之举 – 我也这么想
– Very wise. – I think so.
第二
Two.
找一处乡村住♥宅♥,每年夏天我可以住在那里
To look for a country house where I may repair each summer…
用不着来回跨越海峡
…without having to cross the Channel.
– 第三,多多锻炼身体 – 太好了,阿瑟,早该这样了
– Three. To take more exercise. – Excellent, Arthur. About time, too.
都是跟你学的,多伊利,我必须要多走路
A leaf out of your book, D’Oyly. I must walk more.
还有第四吗?
And is there a number four?

Yes.
再也不为萨瓦剧院写喜歌♥剧了
To write no more operas for the Savoy.
– 第五条是什么? – 穿着睡袜飞到月亮上去
– And what is number five? – To fly to the moon in his bed socks!
不,我是认真的,我一定要写一部大歌♥剧
No, I’m serious. I have to write a grand opera.
人们期待我写出这样的作品,我不能辜负他们
People expect it of me. I must not disappoint them.
我再也不能把时间浪费在这些餐后甜点似的东西上了
I cannot waste any more time on these trivial soufflés.
你知道我二十多年来没写过一部交响乐吗?
Do you know I haven’t written a symphony for over 20 years?
要我说的话,这二十年也不是毫无收益
Not an unprofitable 20 years, if I may say so.
阿瑟
Arthur.
假如你学会更有效地安排时间
If you would learn to organise your time more efficiently…
你就可以做自己想做一切
…you could do everything you wished.
我的时间是有限的,海伦,我必须充分利用时间去做最重要的事
My time is finite, Helen. I must fill it with that which is important to me.
萨瓦剧院对你来说不重要吗?
Is not the Savoy Theatre important to you?
和吉尔伯特合作简直就是要我的命
This work with Gilbert is quite simply killing me.
谁和吉尔伯特合作都会要命的
Working with Gilbert would kill anybody.
你和多伊利、吉尔伯特的合作,对你来说不重要吗?
Is your contract with D’Oyly and Mr Gilbert not important to you?
可我们目前最担心你的身体
But our present concern is your health.
你必须去法国南部,恢复健康
You must go to the South of France and recover.
等你回来咱们再讨论这些
We can discuss this on your return.
我会恢复健康的,多伊利
I shall recover, D’Oyly.
我会回来的
And I shall return.
但是没有什么可以讨论
But there will be nothing to discuss.
你在牛排俱乐部吃过晚餐吗?
Did you dine at the Beefsteak Club?
吃过,不过不是太满意
Yes. Somewhat unsatisfactory.

Oh.
你肯定没吃贾德太太做的咖喱兔肉
Well, you missed Mrs Judd’s rabbit curry.
人们总觉得人人都在背后偷偷笑话别人
One gets the impression that everyone is snickering behind one’s back.
也许明天午餐时你可以尝尝
Perhaps you could have some for tomorrow’s lunch.
戏剧界之王
The king of Topsy-Turvydom.
真丢人
Humiliating.
你好像有点不太舒服
You look a little uncomfortable.
我挺舒服的
I’m comfortable enough.
我在侧幕条那儿看了一会儿
I watched a bit from the wings.
– 哦,是吗? – 第一幕
– Oh, did you? – The first act.
出乎意料,好像演得不错
Seemed to be going well, surprisingly.
是啊!你看见了吧?
There! You see?
要我念给你听吗?
Would you like me to read to you?
不了,谢谢,我要走了
No, thank you. I’ll leave you.
你肯定累了
You must be tired.
不,我一点都不累
No, I’m not in the slightest.
是我不对,不应该找你倾诉
Wrong of me to unburden myself on you.
别傻了,我就是听你倾诉的
Don’t be silly. That’s why I’m here.
过来,和你的基蒂聊一聊
Come and talk to your Kitty.
有时候人们不明白为什么一个人会心烦
Sometimes one wonders why one bothers.
他们说,跳啊,你跳啊
They say jump… you jump.
– 晚安,亲爱的 – 晚安
– Good night, my dear. – Good night.
柯林夫人正在极力劝说我们吸烟
Lady Colin is endeavouring to persuade us to take up smoking.
她在为《星期六评论》写一篇文章
She’s writing an article for The Saturday Review.
她认为尼古丁是上天赐予的礼物
She proposes that nicotine is a gift from the gods…
如果男人们能从它的慰藉作用中得到好处
…and if men may benefit from its soothing qualities…
那为什么女人们不能呢?
…why, then, may women not also?
我那可怜的女儿现在认为
My poor daughter now believes that…
吸烟是女人和丈夫之间
…smoking is an extension of the communion…
交流的延伸
…between a woman and her husband.
她会在婚礼那天吸烟吗?
– Will she smoke on her wedding day?
千万不要!
Heaven forfend!
柯林夫人的话让人不能不听
Lady Colin is… irresistible.
她想不通,为什么海里有那么多美味的鱼
She cannot conceive why the Irish are starving…
可爱尔兰人还要挨饿?
…when there’s “lots of good fish in the sea”.
可能她说的有点道理
She most probably has a point.
– 哦,有一条来自都柏林的好消息 – 是吗?
– Oh, there’s good news from Dublin. – Mmm?
丘吉尔夫妇将要返回伦敦
The Churchills “are” to return to London.
宽恕,但决不忘记
Forgiven, but not forgotten.
希望如此
I do hope so.
珍妮说温斯顿十一岁了,满脸雀斑
Jenny says Winston is 11, covered in freckles…
完全蔑视权威
…and has a total disdain for authority.

Mmm.
我会想念这香味的
I shall miss this fragrance.
西西里柠檬香
Sicilian lemons.
你为交响乐团选好贝多芬的曲子了吗?
Have you chosen your Beethoven for the Philharmonic Society?
是的
As a matter of fact, I have.
选好了
Yes.
– 第二? – 第七交响乐
– No.2? – The Seventh.
– 哦 – 更富有戏剧性
– Ah. – More dramatic.
那就是你离开这里后要做的事?
And that is to be your work whilst you’re away?
是的,只做这件事
That… and only that.
你行李里有吉尔伯特先生的地方吗?
Will there be room for Mr Gilbert in your baggage?
当然没有,他太大了
Certainly not. He’s far too large.
精神食粮
Food for thought.
这可不是我说的
Ce n’est pas á moi de dire.
当然不是
Indeed not.
你要赶哪班火车?
Which train will you catch?
和班轮联运的那班
The tidal train.
七点钟
Up at seven.
三点半到巴黎?
Arriver á Paris á 3:30?
是的
Á peu prés.
你会怎样度过第一个自♥由♥之夜?
How will you spend your first night of liberty?
我会做做体操
I shall take some exercise.

Hmm!
好漂亮的巴黎姑娘!
La poupée de Paris, alors!
♪ 鸟儿鸟儿
♪ Les oiseaux
♪ 站在枝头
♪ Dans la charmille
还在动呢!
C’est émouvant!
哦!
Whoo!
让它们打架呀!
Allez, battez!
这是我的绝活!
C’est mes cuisses!
再多来点绝的!
Plus de cuisses!
哦!
Whoo!
你叫什么名字?
Comment vous appelez-vous?
先生,我是乳酪小姐
Voilá Mademoiselle Fromage, monsieur.
真是名如其人啊
Oui, c’est vrai.
你是什么乳酪?
Quelle sorte de fromage?
是瑞士乳酪吗?
Peut-ìtre un fromage suisse?
对,没错!
Oui, oui!
上面还有小洞洞?
Avec des petits trous?
那让我亲亲你…
Si je peux vous embrasser…
还有你
Et vous aussi.
♪ 我看这个头盔
♪ This helmet I suppose
♪ 就是用来挡风
♪ Was meant to ward off blows
♪ 热得够呛,重得离谱
♪ It’s very hot and weighs a lot
♪ 只有卫士最清楚
♪ As many a guardsman knows
♪ 只有卫士最清楚
♪ As many a guardsman knows
♪ 只有卫士最清楚
♪ As many a guardsman knows
♪ 只有卫士最清楚
♪ As many a guardsman knows
♪ 摘掉吧
♪ So off

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!