巴克,咱们今天怎么样?
How are we today, Barker?
是受欢迎,还是要疯了?
Are we popular, or are we mad?
嗯… 咱们还是受欢迎
Er… We are popular!
太好了,还有呢?
Very good. Carry on.
这是你今天的预言!
Here is your message for today!
U,U,外加十先令六便士
U, U, plus ten shillings and sixpence!
– 请重复一遍,好吗? – 好的
– Can you repeat that, please?! – Yes.
U… U!
U… U!
U是乳♥房♥♥形状吗?
So that’s U for udder…
乳♥房♥♥形状的U,外加十先令六便士
…U for udder, plus ten shillings and sixpence.
这么说,巴克,你有两个乳♥房♥♥啦
So you have two udders, Barker!
– 嗯… 是的 – 我也怀疑!
– Er… yes. – I always suspected as much!
谢谢
– Thank you. – Thank you!
– 再见 – 再见,吉尔伯特先生
– Goodbye! – Goodbye, Mr Gilbert!
我要挂电♥话♥了
I’m going to hang up the telephone now!
好的,挂吧,先生
In… Indeed you are, sir.
我要去买♥♥两个意大利冰激凌
Well, I’m, er… going out to seek a little Italian hokey-pokey…
– 我不管有没有人知道 – 谢谢,巴克
…and I care not who knows it. – Thank you, Barker.
我不会给你带回来的,因为会化
I shall not return with any for you, sir, because it would melt.
再见
Au revoir.
我欠你一个道歉,你一点都没有夸大其词
I owe you an apology, Kitty. I fear you weren’t exaggerating after all.
接受道歉,谢谢,威利
Apology accepted. Thank you, Willie.
施文克每天上午都用暗语和萨瓦剧院通话
Schwenck speaks to the Savoy every morning in code, Father-in-law…
防止万一有话务员偷听
…just in case the telephone operator should be eavesdropping.
人们不妨打开窗户对着下面的街道大喊大叫
One might as well open the window and shout down the street.
– 那会让你感觉舒服些 – 完全是浪费时间
– That will be more comfortable for you. – Sheer waste of time.
那只会对你将来的书面文字产生坏影响
It will only result in the further erosion of the written word.
你要不要坐下来?
Would you care to sit down now?
嗯… 谢谢啦
Er… er… thank you.
– 哦,你来了,皮金 – 是的,夫人
– Ah, there you are, Pidgeon. – Ma’am.
我向您道歉,昨天晚上你来的时候
I do apologise, sir, that neither I nor Schwenck was here…
我和施文克都没能在这里迎接你
…to welcome you on your arrival last night.
让我像个小贩一样站在门口,我当然不高兴了
I do not appreciate being left upon the doorstep like a hawker.
父亲,如果您按门铃的话,马上就会让您进来
If you’ll only press the electric bell, Father, you’ll be admitted at once.
– 对不对,皮金? – 是这样,先生
– Is that not so, Pidgeon? – Indeed it is, sir.
我才不想拿自己的性命冒险呢
I have no intention of placing my life in danger, sir!
皮金,到目前为止,有过多少起台阶死亡事件?
How many doorstep deaths have we had thus far, Pidgeon?
就我所知,从来没有,先生
Er, none to my certain knowledge, sir.
听见了吧,父亲,这种可能性只是你的想像
There you are, Father. The odds appear to be in your favour.
– 还有事吗,先生? – 没有了,谢谢
– Anything else, sir? – No, thank you.
请告诉贾德太太,吉尔伯特医生要和我们一起用午餐
Would you tell Mrs Judd Dr Gilbert will join us for lunch?
是,夫人
Certainly, ma’am.
父亲,任何时候,您在这个家里
You know, Father-in-law, that you are most welcome in our home…
都是最受欢迎的
…at any time.
不过,您打算前来时,请通知我们一下
But, please, do try to inform us of your intention to visit.
做父亲的看自己的儿子
A father should not have to seek permission…
用不着别人批准!
…to visit his own son!
可那儿子没有穿墙透视的本领
The son shouldn’t be expected to be clairvoyant!
他把我当成什么了?小丑吗?
Who does he think I am? Harlequin?
我能失陪一下吗?
Would you excuse me?
父亲,我能认为您将和我们一起用午餐吗?
I take it that you will be joining us for lunch, Father-in-law?
我还不知道自己要在哪儿吃午餐呢
I-I have no idea where I shall be taking luncheon…
谢谢你们啦
…thank you.
也许施文克能说服您
Well, perhaps Schwenck can persuade you.
和我们一起用午餐吧,父亲
Take lunch with us, Father.
我们很高兴和您一起用餐
We shall enjoy your company.
我能不能这样理解
Am I to understand, sir…
你一直和你母亲有联♥系♥?
…that you have been in communication with your mother?
没有,很长时间都没联♥系♥了,我很高兴能这样说
No, Father, not for some considerable time, I’m glad to say.
你是个骗子,先生
You are a liar, sir.
不是,先生!
No, sir!
爸,我可以向你保证
I can assure you, Papa, that the last person…
我最不愿意联♥系♥的人
…with whom I wish to have any communication…
就是你那分居的妻子!
…is your estranged wife!
就是那个恶女人把我带到了这个荒谬的世界
The vicious woman who bore me into this ridiculous world!
你怎么敢这么说?!你就没有一点尊敬之心吗?
How dare you, sir! Have you no respect?
请不要误会,父亲
Don’t misunderstand me, Father.
没有人比我更尊敬她了,可我忍♥受不了她
Nobody respects her more than I do, and I can’t stand her.
她是个名符其实的恶女人!
She is a veritable gorgon!
确实如此!她选择了自己的路
She is indeed! And she has chosen her own path.
从而背弃了你,也背弃了我
And in so doing, she has turned her back on yourself and myself.
而那少得可怜的温情,你我二人应该永远感激
And for that small mercy, we should both of us be eternally grateful.
那些恶魔
Those terrors…
一到夜里就来找我
…that visit me in the night.
根本就挡不住
They can never be vanquished.
啊,是失眠,我也深受其苦
Ah! Insomnia. I suffer from it myself.
可那些恶魔都是她派来的
But it is she who sends them.
我知道,就是她!
I know it is she!
也不知道她都问了些什么异教僧侣
I know not what heathen oracle she consults…
都找了些什么污秽猥琐之辈
…what filthy familiar she employs.
可我知道… 它们要来了
I know that… they will come.
这些…这些墙都是什么东西啊?
Wh… Wh… What are these walls?
五千英镑?
£5,000?
最后十股,绝对划算
The last ten shares. Worth every penny.
相信我,阿瑟
Trust me, Arthur.
我相信你,多伊利
I do, D’Oyly.
– 这是什么? – 拉一下
– What’s this? – Pull it.
这是自来水笔,本身带有墨水
It’s a reservoir pen. It contains its own ink.
天啊!以后他们还会发明出什么?
Good gracious me! Whatever will they think of next?
试试
Try it.
这需要多长时间?
Now, how long is all this going to take?
两年
Two years.
下个月我就着手做基础工作
I shall begin the foundations next month.
谢谢
Thank you.
为萨瓦酒店干杯
To the Savoy Hotel.
为萨瓦酒店干杯
The Savoy Hotel.
有七十间浴室的酒店
With its 70 bathrooms.
建筑师都晕头了
The builder was much bemused.
“为什么每个房♥间都要有浴室?”
“What’s the point of ‘aving a bathroom to every bedroom?”
“谁要住在哪里?水陆两栖动物?”
“Who’s gonna be staying there? Amphibians?”
无法形容,能在巴黎见到你我有多高兴
D’Oyly, I can’t tell you how delightful it is to see you here in Paris.
– 你的气色真好 – 一个全新的人!
– You’re looking much better. – A new man!
蒙特卡罗曾是最好赚钱的地方
Monte Carlo was most profitable.
佛罗伦萨也曾盛极一时,我在切托萨品尝了修道院酿造的甜酒
Florence was hideously hot. I sampled the chartreuse at Certosa.
那里的僧侣极其迷人
The monks were uncommonly charming.
乘火车穿过圣哥达隘口,沿途风景非常壮观
The train journey through the St Gotthard Pass is spectacular.
你一定要去看看,还有卢赛恩…
You must go. And Lucerne…
真是世外桃源
Tranquillity itself.
我走啊走啊,直到走不动
I walked until I dropped.
收到我的信了吗?
Did you receive my letter?
收到了
Yes, I did.

Good.
怎么样?
And?
信寄到了布鲁塞尔
It came to Brussels.
我就是寄到布鲁塞尔的,阿瑟
I “sent” it to Brussels, Arthur.
可不是嘛
Yes, of course.
上菜吧
Nous sommes prìts.
你们亲手杀死鸽子吗?
Vouz avez tué ce pigeon vous-mìme?
不,先生,我们让屠夫来做这件事
Non, monsieur. Je laisse au bourreau le soin de le faire.
这样最好
C’est mieux comme ça.
你什么意见?
So, what is your position?
差不多跟你一致吧
Much the same, I’m afraid.
我非常清楚,多伊利先生,你有合同约束我
I fully realise, D’Oyly, that you have me under contract.
但我不能再为萨瓦剧院写喜歌♥剧了
But I cannot write any more operas for the Savoy.
至少不会再写那种风格的
At least, not of that particular character.
我想你应该告诉吉尔伯特
I think you should tell Gilbert.
我会的,一回去我就告诉他
I shall. The moment I return.
先生
Messieurs…
祝你们好胃口
… je vous souhaite bon appétit.
– 谢谢 – 谢谢
– Merci. – Merci.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!