♪ 身穿破衣烂衫
♪ A thing of shreds and patches
♪ 我会唱民谣,会唱长歌♥短调
♪ Of ballads, songs and snatches
♪ 还有轻柔的摇篮曲
♪ And dreamy lullaby
♪ 我会的曲目多又多
♪ My catalogue is long
♪ 不论是爱恨情仇
♪ Though every passion ranging
♪ 不论是心情变换
♪ And to your humours changing
♪ 我都能为你唱上一支歌♥
♪ I tune my supple song
♪ 我都能为你唱上一支歌♥
♪ I tune my supple song
♪ 你是不是正被愁云笼罩?
♪ Are you in sentimental mood?
♪ 让我和你一起叹息
♪ I’ll sigh with you
♪ 哦
♪ Oh
♪ 悲伤
♪ Sorrow
♪ 少女的冷漠让你伤怀?
♪ On maiden’s coldness do you brood?
♪ 我会陪你在一起
♪ I’ll do so, too
♪ 哦,悲伤
♪ Oh, sorrow
♪ 悲伤
♪ Sorrow
♪ 我会向着你的耳朵
♪ I’ll charm your willing ears
♪ 唱起爱人们的担忧之歌♥
♪ With songs of lovers’ fears
♪ 那同情的泪水
♪ While sympathetic tears
♪ 打湿了我的双颊
♪ My cheeks bedew
♪ 哦,悲伤
♪ Oh, sorrow
♪ 悲伤
♪ Sorrow
谢谢,西摩
Thank you, Seymour!
六便士小姐,请跟我走,好吗?
Miss Sixpence Please, would you kindly come along with me?
快,快点!
Make haste, make haste!
– 乔尼 – 非常感谢
– Johnny. – Thank you very much.
女士们,先生们,请允许我为大家介绍六便士小姐
Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you all to Miss Sixpence Please?
你们可能听我用尊敬的口气谈到过她,谢谢
You may have heard me speak of her with reverence and respect. Thank you.
很好,请大家不要拘束
Very good. Make yourselves comfortable.
请坐,谢谢
Please be seated. Thank you.
啊,先生,对不起,我把你给忘了
Ah! Sir! My apologies. I’ve been neglecting you.
请你到这边来
Would you like to come this way?
不,没关系,西摩,他可以坐我的椅子
No, it’s all right, Seymour. He can use your chair.
这里,先生,请坐这里
Here you are, sir. Be seated here.
很好,这是最好的位置,请你自便,不要客气
Very good indeed. Pride of place, sir! Make yourself comfortable.
赛利尔
Cellier!
好啦,快点
Yes. Now.
德班!请你马上到舞台边上去
D’Auban! Will you kindly withdraw to the side of the stage immediately?
– 乔尼! – 谢谢,德班先生!
– Johnny! – Thank you, “Monsieur” D’Auban!
女士们,请把扇子拿起来
Ladies, will you take up your fans, please?
先生,我希望你做的就是观察他们的表演
What I’d like you to do, sir, is to observe the proceedings.
请你们注意他们的表演,好吗?谢谢
Would you give all your attention to the performance? Thank you.
巴克,你在干什么?快点一起来呀
Barker, what are you doing? Joining in?
我的青春岁月早就过去了,吉尔伯特先生
My dancing days are long over, Mr Gilbert.
过去了,可是没有忘记
Over, Barker, but not forgotten.
女士们,请大家态度要开放
Ladies, opening attitudes, “s’il vous plaît”.
从头开始,连续两小节,拉赛尔太太
From the beginning, counting two bars, Mrs Russell.
– 谢谢 – 一,二,二,二
– Thank you. – One, two. Two, two.
♪ 我们是三个小女生
♪ Three little maids from school are we
♪ 快乐活泼的小女生
♪ Pert as a schoolgirl well can be
♪ 无忧无虑,快乐无比
♪ Filled to the brim with girlish glee
– ♪ 三个学校小女生 – 扇子!
– ♪ Three little maids from school – Fans!
♪ 事事都能找到快乐
♪ Everything is a source of fun
♪ 谁都无法保平安,因为我们不管不顾
♪ Nobody’s safe, for we care for none
♪ 生活就是个玩笑,才刚刚开始
♪ Life is a joke that’s just begun
♪ 三个学校小女生
♪ Three little maids from school
都把扇子慢慢抬起来
All fans rising slowly…
– 好! – ♪ 粗心大意的小女生
– And! – ♪ Three little maids who all unwary
停!谢谢!六便士小姐,你看…
Stop! Thank you very much! Now, Miss Sixpence…
卡特!请原谅
Carte! I beg your pardon.
我给你介绍一下咱们的日本客人
Let me introduce our Japanese guests.
女士们好,这是多伊利·卡特先生,我们的老板
Ladies. Mr D’Oyly Carte. Our proprietor.
– 请继续吧 – 非常感谢
– Please continue. – Thank you very much.
请,六便士小姐
Now. Miss Sixpence Please.
你刚才看到的表演
That performance that you have witnessed…
一点都没有日本人的味道,对吗?
…was not even remotely Japanese. Am I right?
日本人
Japanese.
– 先生,日本人? – 日本人
– Sir. Japanese? – Japanese.
– 没有 – 没有
– No. – No.
– 非常感谢 – 对不起,让我来,吉尔伯特先生
– Thank you very much. – Excuse me, Mr Gilbert, sir.
– 日本人 – 日本人
– Japanese. – Japanese.
– 是的 – 是的
– Yes. – Yes.
– 他根本不明白你的意思 – 这还用说吗,德班
– He hasn’t got any idea what you mean. – That’s blatantly obvious, D’Auban!
– 懂意大利语吗? – 如果他不懂英语
– Parlate italiano? – If he doesn’t speak English…
那他也不大可能懂意大利语!
…he’s hardly likely to speak Italian!
对不起,吉尔伯特先生
I beg your pardon, Mr Gilbert.
天啊,这让我怎么干呀
Porca miseria! Non posso lavorare cosí!
简直是浪费时间!
It’s a waste of time!
请三位女士跟我来
If you three ladies come with me, please.
请到舞台后面去,谢谢
Please go to the back of the stage. Thank you.
对,到舞台后面去,快一点,走吧
Yes, yes. Come upstage. As quickly as you can. Come along.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 谢谢 – 非常感谢
– Thank you. – Thank you very much indeed.
一,二,三
One, two, three.
很好,谢谢
Very good. Thank you.
现在,我要你们做的是当音乐响起时
Now, what I would like you to do when the music commences…
请你们走到舞台前面来
…I would like you to advance downstage.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
– 赛利尔 – 一,二,二,二
– Cellier. – One, two. Two, two.
– 好啦,开始吧
– Off you go. Come along.
停,停!
Stop, stop!
这要很长时间吗?四点钟时我还要编排马祖卡舞
Will this take long? I’m to arrange a mazurka at four o’clock.
还是没明白我的意思
I have not made myself clear.
当拉赛尔太太开始弹钢琴,嘀嘀-哒,嘀嘀-嘀…
When Mrs Russell commences playing the pianoforte, diddle-dum, diddle-dee…
我要你们做的就是走到舞台前面来
…what I would like you to do is to advance downstage.
像这样,嘀嘀-哒,嘀嘀-嘀…
“Comme ça”, diddle-dum, diddle-dee.
听懂了吗?我想你们听懂了,咱们再来一遍吧
Do you understand? I think you do. Let’s try once more.
赛利尔!
Cellier!
– 一,二,二,二
– One, two. Two, two.
往前走,就这样,很好!
Come along. That’s it. Very good!
太好了!就这样,谢谢你们
Excellent! That is exactly it! Thank you very much indeed!
非常好!
Excellent! First rate.
非常感谢你们
Thank you very much indeed.
德班,那就是我想要的
D’Auban, that is exactly what I want.
对不起,我好像不太明白
I do beg your pardon, but I appear to have missed the point.
– 这就是我要的效果 – 到底是什么效果?
– That is the very effect I need. – And what effect exactly is that?
– 她们刚才干什么来着? – 走到舞台前面去了
– What did they do? – They walked downstage.
我看她们就像是沿着滨河路款款而行
They appeared to me to be ambling along the Strand.
她们用日本方式走到舞台前面去了!
They walked downstage in the Japanese manner!
她们用日本方式走路,因为她们是日本人
They walked in the Japanese manner because they are Japanese.
没错!让她们来,就是这个目的!
Exactly! And that is precisely why they are here.
咱们的女演员不是日本人,再说了,她们的样子很可笑
Our maids are not Japanese. However, they are very funny.
如果她们坐在猪肉馅饼上,那就更可笑了
No funnier, however, than they would be if they all sat down on pork pies.
别笑了,年青人,吉尔伯特先生
– Young fella-me-lad, Mr Gilbert, sir.
每个演出季我都要为童话剧、喜歌♥剧、芭蕾
I’ve arranged Terpsichore, Chinese, Japanese…
编排好多希腊舞、中国舞、日本舞
…for pantomime, burlesque and the ballet…
每次都会获得观众的热烈掌声
…for many a season, always to great acclaim.
德班,这可不是低俗的喜歌♥剧
D’Auban… this is not low burlesque.
这是一部原汁原味的日本歌♥剧
This is an entirely original Japanese opera.
邦德小姐、伯拉罕小姐、格雷小姐,请从头开始!
Miss Bond, Miss Braham and Miss Grey, kindly resume your opening positions!
请你们坐回去,请坐回去,谢谢
Please be seated once more. Please be seated. Thank you.
谢谢!
Thank you!
好啦,快点,别磨蹭,快点啦!
Come along! Come along, tortoise! Quickly, quickly!
我现在要你们做的就是按我们客人刚才的样子表演
What I would like you to do now is to perform it…
要一模一样,谢谢各位
…just as you have seen our guests perform it. Thank you very much.
– 吉尔伯特先生! – 什么事,杰茜?
– Mr Gilbert! – Yes, Jessie.
– 一定要跟刚才一模一样吗? – 完全正确!
– Is that “exactly” as we have just seen? – Exactly!
不按德班先生教的舞步跳吗?
Without using “Monsieur” D’Auban’s steps, Mr Gilbert?
我要你们一招一式完全按照
I want you to perform it precisely as you have seen…
日本客人刚才的样子表演,谢谢你们各位啦!
…our Japanese friends perform it. Thank you very much!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!