你还没想好吗,邦德小姐?
Are you still troubled by your understandings, Miss Bond?
– 我今天下午好难受 – 那真是太糟糕了
– I’m in much pain this afternoon. – I’m so sorry to hear it.
啊,太漂亮了,真好
Ah, trés jolie, trés jolie. Superbe!
这些刺绣太精美了
Such exquisite embroidery.
你长袍里面穿什么了?
What are you wearing underneath your gown?
只穿了带皱褶的衬裙
Only my frillies.
哎呀,没穿紧身胸衣吧?
Alas, no corsets, I’m afraid to say.
是不是应该暴露一点,利昂夫人?
Shall we be revealing a little, Madame Leon?
– 肯定不要,伯拉罕小姐 – 那太可惜了
– I certainly hope not, Miss Braham. – Oh, what a pity.
小心,莫顿小姐!
Do take care, Miss Morton!
穿上让人想睡觉了
Makes one rather drowsy.
– 看着挺舒服的 – 是啊
– It does look comfortable, Sibyl. – Indeed it is.
这是和服!轻一点!当心!轻一点
La kimono! Doucement, doucement! Gently, gently.
哦,这丝绸太精美了,利昂夫人
Ooh, the silk is sublime, Madame Leon.
是啊,知道吗?在利波蒂先生的店里做的
Indeed. From Mr Liberty’s store, don’t you know?
真正的日本货,在巴黎很难找到
Bona fide Japanese, and just a “soupçon” from gay Paris.
– 真漂亮! – 是啊
– C’est magnifique! – Oui.
是不是规定都不许穿紧身胸衣?
Is one to be prevented from wearing one’s corset?
演出时女演员都不♥穿♥紧身胸衣
None of the ladies shall be wearing corsets during the performance.
– 这也太荒唐了 – 我们就是要尽可能像日本女子
– That’s simply preposterous. – Our aim is to emulate Japanese ladies.
她们都瘦得像根棍!
And they are as thin as threadpaper!
就像罗马圆柱对希腊水罐
As a Roman column is opposed to a Grecian urn.
一点没错
Quite so.
我怕自己的声誉受影响,你知道吗?
I fear for my reputation, don’t you know?
我是按吉尔伯特先生的指示办事
I am following Mr Gilbert’s instructions.
吉尔伯特先生希望要像日本人
Mr Gilbert desires the Japanese appearance.
吉尔伯特先生想要的,就一定要达到,这事没商量!
That which Mr Gilbert desires, Mr Gilbert must have. “Fait accompli!”
穿着这身…这身睡衣,很难有气质
One can hardly cut a dash in this… dressing gown!
拜托,杰茜,别闹了!
Do stop fussing, Jessie, please!
– 这挺好看的,利昂夫人 – 谢谢
– It’s delightful, Madame Leon! – Thank you.
– 这样穿很没形 – 是的,邦德小姐,是没形
– It’s shapeless. – Yes, Miss Bond, it is shapeless.
日本女子都没形
Japanese ladies are most shapeless…
但这并不要求你们也没形
…but there is no need for “you” to be shapeless.
我想了个办法,也许能满足你们的要求
I have devised a solution – if I may crave your indulgence.
莫顿小姐,格雷小姐,请你把胳膊抬起来
Miss Morton… Miss Grey, would you kindly raise your arms?
谢谢!咱们把蝴蝶结转到后面去
Merci, merci! Now, the bow goes at the back.
把腰带转到前面,和这个系在一起
The sash at the front, lined with calico.
来,转一下,转一下
Now… “tournez. Tournez, s’il vous plaît.”
这个,你想系多紧就系多紧
Now, this may be laced as tightly as you require.
转一下,向左,再向左
Tournez… á gauche, á gauche.

Oui.
你看,这不就是紧身衣了吗?
So you see, in effect, it is a corset!
– 那束身的鲸骨呢? – 没有鲸骨,邦德小姐
– Where’s the whalebone? – There are no bones, Miss Bond.
利昂夫人,如果没有鲸骨的话
Well, Madame Leon, I do fear that if there are no bones…
那这就不是紧身衣
…then it is plainly not a corset.
邦德小姐,这当然不是紧身衣,只是起紧身衣的作用
No, Miss Bond, it is not a corset, but it may serve for a corset.
它可以束出你想要的体形
It may give you the shape you desire.
紧一点,莫顿小姐,再紧一点!
Tighter, please, Miss Morton, tighter!
不♥穿♥紧身衣我可不能上台
I cannot appear on stage without a corset.
这跟紧身衣一样,杰茜
It certainly feels like a corset, Jessie.
你真像个生日礼物,我都想吃了你
You do resemble a birthday gift. I could eat you.
请原谅,邦德小姐,人有时候虽然已经竭尽全力
Do forgive me, Miss Bond. One is working to the best of one’s abilities.
恐怕还是无法得到别人理解
I fear sometimes it is not appreciated.
– 这个的日语是“浩力”,对吗,威尔海姆先生? – 对,吉尔伯特先生
– That is the “hori”. Am I correct, Wilhelm? – Quite so, Mr Gilbert.
“左力”是长布袜,对吗?
As opposed to the “zori”, which is the stocking, is it not?
– 长布袜是“它比”,先生 – 哦,是“它比”
– The stockings are the “tarbi”, sir. – Ah! “Tarbi”.
– “左力”是凉鞋 – 是的,先生
– The sandals are the “zori”. – Exactly, sir.
我开始有点明白了,格罗史密斯
I’m beginning to get it, Grossmith.
– 吉尔伯特先生 – 什么事,莱利?
– Mr Gilbert. – Lely?
我演的南纪普穿的袍子就这么长吗?
Is this to be the length of my gown for Nanki-Poo?
– 是啊,怎么了? – 就这么长
– I believe so. Wilhelm? – Indeed it is.

Yes.
你不觉得这个有点短吗?
Do you not consider it to be perhaps… too short?
怎么短了?
Too short for what?
从常规来看太短了一点,这么短是不是不太礼貌?
For propriety. Might it not be rather unseemly?
– 对谁不礼貌? – 对萨瓦剧院的观众呀
– I’m sorry, unseemly to whom? – To the audience of the Savoy Theatre.
嗯,我不这么认为
Hmm. I shouldn’t have thought so.
不管怎么样,我说了算
In any case, I shall be the judge.
放心吧,莱利先生,我的设计经过了大量研究,不用担心
Rest assured, Mr Lely, my designs are properly researched and authentic.
我不想得罪你,威尔海姆先生,不过你设计的服装
No offence to you, Mr Wilhelm, but your properly authentic costume
让我穿上有点赤身裸体的感觉
…seems to have left me in the buff somewhat!
– 是这样 – 在过去的八百年里
– Quite. – No more in the buff…
日本农民就是那样赤身裸体
…than Japanese peasants have been for the last 800 years.
请你注意这样的事实,我不是日本农民
May I draw your attention to the fact that I am not, actually, a Japanese peasant.
对,你是苏格兰演员,扮演日本王子
No. You’re a Scotch actor, who is taking the part of a Japanese prince…
这位王子假扮成游吟诗人
…who is posing as an itinerant minstrel.
莱利,如果能把我衣服上这些乱七八糟的东西剪下来
Lely, I would be only too happy for the tailor here…
缝到你的衣服上去,那我就太高兴啦
…to chop off some of my surplus and stitch it to your kilt.
谢谢,可以肯定我们能从你的牢骚中
Thank you, Grossmith. I’m sure we shall reap the benefits…
获益良多
…of your remonstrations in time.
没错,这衣服挺俗气的,你同意我的意见吗?
Yes, GG. Do you not agree with me that this garment is rather vulgar?
同意,明摆着的
I do, as it happens.
格罗史密斯先生
Mr Grossmith…
请帮我个忙,摘掉你的帽子!
…kindly oblige me by removing your hat.
为什么,先生?轮到我了吗?
Why, sir? Are you ready for me?
是的,先生!
Would that I were, sir!
莱利先生,谢谢你没有把我的设计归于俗气
I’ll thank you not to refer to my designs as vulgar, Mr Lely.
威尔海姆先生,依我的眼光,你的设计不仅俗气而且还下流!
Mr Wilhelm, to my eyes, your designs are not only vulgar but obscene!
– 你怎么能这样说? – 莱利,太过分了,你什么意思?
– How dare you, sir? – Strong words, Lely. What do you mean?
吉尔伯特先生,我是个体面的已婚男子,我很爱我的妻子
Mr Gilbert, I’m a respectably married man and I love my wife dearly.
自从我那敬爱的岳母大人去世后
One of the few pleasures she has enjoyed…
我妻子仅有的乐趣之一
…since the untimely demise of my beloved mother-in-law…
就是看我在舞台上演出
…has been to watch me perform upon the stage.
可我不能像只半裸的狗一样,在观众面前跳来跳去
But I am not prepared to allow her to suffer the embarrassment of seeing me…
让她看到这样的场面羞愧得无地自容!
…flaunted before the public like a… half-dressed performing dog!
我很同情你,莱利
You have my sympathies, Lely.
不过很不幸,作为一个演员
But, unfortunately, your avocation as an actor…
你的职业有时迫使你不得不忍♥受颜面尽失的屈辱
…compels you on occasion to endure the most ignominious indignities…
格罗史密斯无疑将证实这一点
…as Grossmith will doubtless testify.
– 没问题,先生 – 莱利先生,我要说清楚
– Without question, sir. – Mr Lely, let me be clear.
我不会为了你的妻子、孩子
I will not alter one stitch of your costume…
或你那不幸家庭中的任何成员
…to protect the sensibilities of your wife…
不会为了照顾他们的情绪而改动你衣服上的一针一线
…your children or any other member of your unfortunate family.
威尔海姆先生,我强烈建议你不要用这种恶劣口气
Mr Wilhelm, I would strongly advise you not to speak of my family…
谈论我的家庭!
…in such a despicable manner!
先生
Sir.
请脱掉紧身衣,好吗?
Will you remove your corset?
你再说一遍?!
I beg your pardon?!
请你脱掉紧身衣,莱利先生
Kindly remove your corset, Mr Lely.
它会破坏服装的垂感
It’ll spoil the hang of the cloth.
吉尔伯特先生
Mr Gilbert.
我从来没有不♥穿♥紧身衣就上台
I never perform without my corset.
– 什么?从来没有? – 是的,先生
– What, never? – I’m afraid not, sir.
为什么没有?
Why not?
如果没有紧身衣
One cannot produce the required vocal vigour…
给予橫隔膜必要的支撑
…without the necessary diaphragmatical support…
人就无法产生唱歌♥所需的底气
…that the corset affords.
得啦,莱利,又不是在米兰唱大歌♥剧
Come, come, Lely. This is not grand opera in Milan.
这只是在泰唔士河畔的小剧院中上演的喜歌♥剧
It is merely low burlesque in a small theatre on the banks of the Thames.
你的嗓音高亢有力
You have a fine, strong voice…
穿不♥穿♥紧身衣,对咱们的戏都游刃有余
…which is more than adequate for our purposes, corset or no corset.
请你马上脱掉
Kindly remove it this instant.
如果愿意的话,你可以在幕布后面脱
You may retire behind the screen, if you wish.
很好,先生
Very well, sir.
不过,请让我说一句
But, may I just say…
我衷心耿耿地为公♥司♥工作了五年
…that in five years of loyal service to this company…
到目前为止,还从没发过一句牢骚
…I have never, until now, lodged a complaint.
非常感谢你那崇高的自♥制♥力
Your noble restraint has been much appreciated.
谢谢,先生
Thank you, sir.
♪ 我是一个游吟诗人
♪ A wandering minstrel I

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!