关于你在歌♥剧中的表演
With reference to your engagement for the opera
我对你的小缺点很是担心
…I have a great concern about your little weakness.
听了这话,我有点震惊,卡特先生
I’m a little shocked, Mr Carte.
我真的认为这一年来我的表现相当出色
I really do believe that my behaviour this last year has been exemplary.
我很高兴地说,你有改进的迹象
I’m pleased to say your tendency has improved…
但我关心的是未来
…but I am concerned about the future.
卡特先生,你的意思是说
Yes. You’re perhaps suggesting, Mr Carte…
我可能不会参加下部戏的演出了
…that I shan’t be performing in the next production.
恐怕是这样
Yes, I’m afraid I am.
但是,丽奥诺拉,结果掌握在你自己手中
But the outcome of that, Leonora, is in your own hands.
卡特先生,有时候我是个很笨的傻姑娘
Sometimes, Mr Carte, I can be a very silly young woman.
你有着不一般的天份
You have an extraordinary talent.
看到你的天份被随意糟蹋,我感到很伤心
It saddens me beyond measure to see someone throw it away.
卡特先生,我向你保证,我一定保持最佳状态
I assure you, Mr Carte, that I shall be in tiptop form.
很高兴听到你这样说
I’m very pleased to hear that.
这我就放心了
Much relieved.
咱们俩是不是达成一致了?
Do we have an understanding?
是的,卡特先生
Yes, we do, Mr Carte.

Good.
♪ 查理,查理
♪ Charlie, Charlie
♪ 战争不会跟随着你
♪ War would not follow thee
♪ 高地人♥民♥心中之王
♪ King of the Highland hearts
♪ 英俊的王子查理
♪ Bonnie Prince Charlie
快点,巴特,咱们还有多长时间
– Chop chop, Butt! How long do we have?
– 八分钟,坦普尔先生 – 哦,太好了
– Eight minutes, Mr Temple. – Oh, jolly good.
– 来自喀土穆的惊人消息 – 是吗?
– Shocking news from Khartoum. – Indeed.
必须马上采取措施
Something will have to be done, tout de suite.
完全正确
Absolutely.
坦普尔太太的评论还是那么一针见血
Mrs Temple hit the nail on the head, as per usual.
哦?她怎么说的?
Oh? What did she say?
“国家失去了一位英雄,而家庭却失去了一位至亲”
“The nation loses a hero, but the family loses a loved one.”
– 哦,太准确了 – 真是位有见地的女子
– Ooh, how apt. – Perspicacious woman is Mrs Temple.
帽子!
Hat!
亲爱的巴特,你想想
Consider this, my dear Butt.
一名职业军人,可能在战争中死亡
Is it not the inevitable fate of the professional soldier…
– 这是他的宿命吗? – 是的,先生
…that he may perish in battle? – Indeed, sir.
但是,迪克,你有没有听到真正的新闻?
But Dickie, have you heard the “real” news of the day?
听到了,芬尼亚炸♥弹♥,太可怕了
Yes, the Fenian bomb. Oh, dreadful.
不,是格罗史密斯和巴灵顿
No, Grossmith and Barrington.
– 什么? – 他们今晚不来了
– What? – They’re off tonight.
– 两人都不来? – 是的
– Both of them? – Yes.
– 为什么? – 因为生蚝
– Why? – Oysters.
– 我们一起吃的午餐 – 你吃了吗?
– We shared luncheon. – Did you swallow?
– 没有,我吃的是鱼 – 去骨的?
– No. I had sole. – Off the bone?
– 是的,那样吃起来省事 – 聪明,生蚝会要命的
– Yes. It was rather succulent. – Wise man. Oysters can kill.
可不是嘛!
Unquestionably!
我姑姑曾在赫恩湾被扇贝噎到过
My aunt choked on a scallop at Herne Bay.
– 是吗? – 真倒霉
– Really? – Tragic.
是啊,他们去找卡特了
Yes, they were away to see Carte.
– 哦,真的吗? – 嗯
– Oh, really? – Mm.
– 你没有活动活动? – 没有,我就等着啦
– Will you be lobbying? – No, I’ll wait for my summons.
这样好啊,年青人
Quite right, dear boy.
人应该凭本事挣钱
One should not be rewarded on one’s ability…
而不是给头头拍马屁
…to ingratiate oneself with the management.
特别是在头头自己
Particularly when the management have difficulty…
都还没拿定主意的时候!
…locating the whereabouts of the arse and the elbow!
这话对他们俩都适用
Serves them both right.
进来!
Enter!
还有五分钟,坦普尔先生,莱利先生
Five minutes, please, Mr Temple, Mr Lely.
– 谢谢,施林普 – 不客气
– Thank you, Shrimp! – Merci, Crevette!
一,二,三,四
One, two, three, four.
♪ 虽然我已准备出发
♪ And so, although I’m ready to go
– ♪ 但是忽然想起 – 柔和!
– ♪ Yet recollect… – Dolce!
– ♪ 我是不是疏忽了这样做的后果 – 舒展!
– ♪ Did I neglect to thus effect… – Expansive!
– ♪ 所以我不能这样 – 好!
– ♪ So I object – Good!
– ♪ 我不能这样 – 拉蒂,请控制一下音量
– ♪ And so, although – Rutty, temper your volume, please.
– ♪ 高大的松树闪耀着明亮的光芒 – 这里!
– ♪ And greatly pine to brightly shine – And now!
♪ 我必须痛苦地拒绝
♪ With grief condign I must decline
♪ 去让朋友和敌人都看看
♪ And go and show both friend and foe
♪ 你的胆子究竟有多大
♪ How much you dare, I’m quite aware
♪ 那是你的事情
♪ It’s your affair yet I declare
♪ 我本可以插手,但我却不能
♪ I’d take your share but I don’t
唱得非常好,博维尔,但是
Bovill, that’s very good, but…
我弹三连音,很难跟你配合上
…I’ve gone to great pain to provide you with triplets.
– 三连音,明白了 – 给他工资三连跳!
– Triplets, Sir Arthur, yes. – On his salary!
– 拜托,拉蒂 – 对不起
– Rutty, please. – Apology.
就像蹦跳着走路一样轻快
Consequently, if you would be so kind as to trip.
– 好的,阿瑟先生 – 一,二,三,四!
– Of course, Sir Arthur. – One, two, three, four!
♪ 去让朋友和敌人都看看
♪ And go and show both friend and foe
♪ 你的胆子究竟有多大
♪ How much you dare, I’m quite aware
♪ 那是你的事情
♪ It’s your affair yet I declare
♪ 我本可以插手,但是我却不能做
♪ I’d take your share but I don’t much care
– 好多了 – 谢谢,阿瑟先生
– Very much better. – Thank you, Sir Arthur.
– 这个时髦家伙唱得不错 – 太好了!
– The new man’s doing awfully well. – Quite splendid.
换气,博维尔,换气
Breathe, Bovill, breathe!
– 是跟上钢琴,巴灵顿,钢琴 – 我会尽力的
– It’s “piano”, Barrington, “piano”. – I’ll do my best.
– 你能唱多高就唱多高 – 别让我们跟不上就行
– As many P’s as you can muster, Rutland. – Without landing us in the soup!
一,二,三,四!
One, two, three, four!
♪ 去让朋友和敌人都看看
♪ And go and show both friend and foe
♪ 你的胆子究竟有多大
♪ How much you dare, I’m quite aware
♪ 那是你的事情
♪ It’s your affair yet I declare
♪ 我本可以插手,但我却不
♪ I’d take your share but I don’t
接着唱!
And going on!
– ♪ 我必须拒绝 – ♪ 我不能这样
– ♪ I must decline – ♪ So I object
– ♪ 我必须拒绝 – ♪ 我不能这样
– ♪ I must decline – ♪ So I object
– ♪ 我本可以插手 – ♪ 我不能这样
– ♪ I’d take your share – ♪ So I object
– ♪ 我本可以插手 – ♪ 我不能这样
– ♪ I’d take your share – ♪ So I object
♪ 在庄严肃穆的寂静中
♪ To sit in solemn silence in a…
先生们,稍微活泼一点
Gentlemen. “Un poco piú viva”, hm?
好,在双小节线之前,一,二,三,四
Now, before the double-bar line, it’s one, two, three, four.
然后,一,二,三,四
And afterwards, one, two, three, four.
– 明白了吗? – 明白了
– Clear? – Very quiet.
从这里开始,一,二,三,四
From here, please. One, two, three, four.
♪ 我并不十分关心
♪ Care, I don’t much care, I don’t much care
♪ 在庄严肃穆的寂静中,我坐在黑沉沉的牢房♥里
♪ To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock
♪ 瘟疫横行的监狱,挂着一把永远打不开的锁
♪ In a pestilential prison with a lifelong lock
♪ 我等着那声音,带来短促有力的震动
♪ Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock
♪ 那是一把廉价的利斧,砍着巨大的黑木头
♪ From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big, black block
♪ 在庄严肃穆的寂静中,我坐在黑沉沉的牢房♥里
♪ To sit in solemn silence in a dull, dark dock
♪ 瘟疫横行的监狱,挂着一把永远打不开的锁
♪ In a pestilential prison with a lifelong lock
♪ 我等着那声音,带来短促有力的震动
♪ Awaiting the sensation of a short, sharp shock
♪ 那是一把廉价的利斧,砍着巨大的黑木头
♪ From a cheap and chippy chopper on a big, black block
♪ 黑沉沉的牢房♥
♪ A dull, dark dock
♪ 永远打不开的锁
♪ A lifelong lock
♪ 短促有力的震动
♪ A short, sharp shock
♪ 巨大的黑木头
♪ A big, black block
♪ 在庄严肃穆的寂静中,我坐在瘟疫横行的监狱里
♪ To sit in solemn silence in a pestilential prison
♪ 等着短促有力的震动,那是一把廉价的利斧
♪ And awaiting the sensation from a cheap and chippy chopper
♪ 砍着一根
♪ On a big
♪ 巨大的
♪ Black
♪ 黑木头
♪ Block
– 太好啦! – 好极啦!
– Bravo! – Splendid!
路易,给我们拿点咖啡来!
Louis! “Wir brauchen etwas Kaffee!”
咖啡已经准备好了,阿瑟先生
Your coffee is ready, Sir Arthur.
– 请吧! – 不错
– My word! – First rate.
– 拉蒂,来吧 – 谢谢
– Rutty, do go through. – Thanks, old chap.
手要一直放在里面吗,利昂夫人?
Do one’s hands remain within, Madame Leon?
哦,不,亲爱的,你看,这儿呢
Oh, no, my dear. No, no, no. Look! Here!
– 这样 – 哦,知道了!
– Comme ça. – Oh, I see!
好啦!
Voilá!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!