And maybe some Northern woman…
正分一些晚餐给他…
is giving him a share of her dinner…
并且帮我亲爱的回到我身边
and helping my beloved to come back home to me.
但愿如此 梅勒妮
I hope so, Melly.
斯佳丽
Miss Scarlett.
斯佳丽 我问你父亲事情…
Miss Scarlett, I wanted to take up something with your pa…
但他似乎不…
but he doesn’t seem to…
问我好了 现在家里我做主了
Perhaps I can help you. I’m head of the house now.
好吧 我…
Well, I, I…
斯佳丽 我打算要娶苏安琳
Miss Scarlett, I was aimin’ to ask for Suellen.
你是说 你还没向她求过婚…
Do you mean to tell me you haven’t asked for her…
这么多年了她都指望着你呢
after all these years she’s been counting on you?
事实上 我比她大很多…
Well, I, the truth is, I’m so much older than she is, and…
而且现在身无分文
Well, now I haven’t a cent to my name.
谁又有呢 这个年头
Who has nowadays?
斯佳丽 如果爱情真有份量的话…
Miss Scarlett, if true love carries any weight with you…
那你妹妹一定会得到它们
you can be sure your sister will be rich in that.
我会去做点小生意…
I’ll go out somewhere and get myself a little business…
当我们订婚
if we’re engaged.
而且当我成功时…
As soon as I get on my feet again…
好吧 弗兰克 我代表父亲答应
All right, Frank. I’m sure I can speak for Pa.
你现在去问她吧
You go ask her now.
谢谢你 斯佳丽
Oh, thank you, Miss Scarlett.
对不起 对不起
Excuse me, excuse me.
斯佳丽 弗兰克先生怎么了
Scarlett, what seems to be the trouble with Mr.Kennedy?
麻烦比他想像的还多
More trouble than he guesses.
他终于向苏安琳求婚了
He has finally asked for Suellen’s hand.
我真高兴
Oh, I’m so glad.
只可惜他现在不能娶她…
It’s a pity he can’t marry her now…
至少 那样就少一个人吃饭
At least, there’d be one less mouth to feed.
又来一个
Oh, another one.
希望他并不饿
I hope this one isn’t hungry.
他会饿的
He’ll be hungry.
我去多弄一个盘子
I’ll tell Prissy to get an extra plate
艾西利
Ashley!
艾西利
Ashley!
亲爱的
Darling!
斯佳丽 不要煞风景
Miss Scarlett! Don’t spoil it, Miss Scarlett.
松开我 你个笨蛋 松开 那是艾西利
Turn me loose, you fool! Turn me loose, it’s Ashley!
那可是她的丈夫
He’s her husband, ain’t he?
-斯佳丽小姐 -你回来的真是时候
-Miss Scarlett, ma’am. -High time you got back.
-给马装好铁蹄了吗 -是的 装了
-Did you get the horse shod? -Yes, sir.He shod all right.
马有鞋穿而人没得穿…
Fine thing when a horse can get shoes and humans can’t…
真是好笑的事情
Here, stir this soap.
是的 斯佳丽小姐
Yes, ma’am. Miss Scarlett, ma’am.
我必须知道你还剩多少金币
I gotta know how much money have you got left, in gold.
十块钱 怎么了
Ten dollars. Why?
那还不够
That won’t be enough.
你提到的那该死的叫什么的
What in heaven’s name are you talking about?
我看到那个无用的…
Well, Miss Scarlett, I see’d that old…
北佬威尔克森
no-count white-trash Wilkerson…
他以前是杰拉尔德的工头
that used to be Mr.Gerald’s overseer here.
他在吹牛他有北佬的关系…
He’s a regular Yankee now, and he was makin’ a brag…
他说他们提高了…
that his carpetbagger friends done run…
塔拉庄园的税金
the taxes way up sky-high on Tara.
那提高了多少
But how much more have we got to pay?
我听他说提高到三百元
I hear’d the tax man say $300.
三百元
Three hundred!
最好是三百万算了
Might just as well be $3 million.
但我们必须弄到那些钱
But we gotta raise it, that’s all.
是的
Yes, ma’am.
如何弄
How?
我会问艾西利先生的
I’ll go ask Mr.Ashley.
他没有三百元 小姐
Oh, he ain’t got no $300, Miss Scarlett.
我可以问他 不可以吗
Well, I can ask him if I want to, can’t I?
问又有什么用
Askin’ ain’t gettin’.
艾西利
Ashley!
他们说林肯砍过木材
They say Abe Lincoln got his start splitting rails.
一旦我会那劲道儿 我也会爬到那个地位
Just think what I may do once I get the knack.
北佬还要征三百元的税
The Yankees want $300 more in taxes.
我们该怎么办
What shall we do?
艾西利 我们会变成什么样子
Ashley, what’s to become of us?
当文明破灭时 人们会怎样
What becomes of people when their civilization breaks up?
有勇气的会渡过难关的
Those who have brains and courage come through all right.
没有勇气的就被淘汰
Those that haven’t are winnowed out.
天呀…
For heaven’s sake, Ashley…
你还在讲哲理…
don’t stand there talking nonsense at me…
我们要被淘汰了
when it’s us who are being winnowed out.
你说得对 斯佳丽
You’re right, Scarlett.
我正在讲关于文明的烂面包…
Here I am talking tommy-rot about civilization…
是在塔拉庄园危急之时
when your Tara’s in danger.
你需要帮忙 而我却爱莫能助
You’ve come to me for help, and I’ve no help to give you.
斯佳丽…
Oh, Scarlett, I…
我是个懦夫
I’m a coward.
你艾西利 懦夫
You, Ashley, a coward?
你怕什么呢
What are you afraid of?
怕生活变化太大 我想
Oh, mostly of life becoming too real for me, I suppose.
我并不在乎砍材…
Not that I mind splitting rails…
但我很在乎我爱惜的美丽生命
but I do mind very much losing the beauty of that life I loved.
如果战争没来的话…
If the war hadn’t come…
我会很平静地在十二橡园过
I’d have spent my life happily buried at Twelve Oaks.
但战争真的来了
But the war did come.
我见到我的朋友死亡
I saw my boyhood friends blown to bits.
我看到我枪杀的人临死痛苦样子
I saw men crumple up in agony when I shot them.
而现在我迷失在…
And now I find myself in a world…
一个无知世界里
which for me is worse than death.
一个没有我容身的世界
A world in which there’s no place for me.
我无法让你了解…
I can never make you understand…
你不明白恐惧的真正情形
because you don’t know the meaning of fear.
你不在乎面对事实…
You never mind facing realities…
你不像我那样想逃避它们
and you never want to escape from them as I do.
逃避
Escape?
艾西利你错了
Oh, Ashley, you’re wrong.
我也想逃避
I do want to escape too.
我对它也厌烦透了 我为食物和钱拼命
I’m so very tired of it all. I’ve struggled for food and for money.
我曾经除草采棉…
I’ve weeded and hoed and picked cotton…
直到我无法忍♥受为止
until I can’t stand it another minute.
我告诉你 艾西利 南方成为过去了
I tell you, Ashley, the South is dead. It’s dead.
北方胜了…
The Yankees and the carpetbaggers…
我们一无所有了
have got it and there’s nothing left for us.
艾西利…
Oh, Ashley…
我们走吧
let’s run away.
我们可以去墨西哥
We’d go to Mexico.
墨西哥军队需要军官…
They want officers in the Mexican Army…
我们可以很快乐
We could be so happy there.
我愿为你做任何事…
I’d work for you, I’d do anything for you…
而你并不爱梅勒妮
You know you don’t love Melanie.
那天在十二橡园你说你爱我
You told me you loved me that day at Twelve Oaks.
但梅勒妮不能…
And anyway, Melanie can’t…
米笛大夫说她不能再生了…
Dr.Meade told me she couldn’t have any more children…
而我可以…
and I could give you…
我们可以忘掉那天吗
Can’t we ever forget that day at Twelve Oaks?
你想我忘得掉吗 你已经忘记了吗
Do you think I could ever forget it? Have you forgotten it?
你是爱我的 不是吗
Can you honestly say you don’t love me?
-不 我不爱你 -你说谎
-No.I don’t love you. -It’s a lie!
就算我爱你 你认为我会遗弃…
Even if it is, do you think I’d leave…
梅勒妮和孩子 伤她的心吗
Melanie and the baby, break Melanie’s heart?
而且你也不能离开你父亲和妹妹
You couldn’t leave your father and the girls.
我可以的 我受够了而且厌烦
I could leave them.I’m sick of them. I’m tired of them.
是呀 你受够了 因此你才这样说话
Yes, you’re sick and tired. That’s why you’re talking this way.
你把一切都担下来了…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!