I can’t help being proud of it.
你没挣什么钱吗
You’re not making money?
我也并不抱怨 事实上 我很有信心
Well, I can’t complain. In fact, I’m mighty encouraged.
他们说我是一个天生的商人
Folks tell me I’m just a born merchant.
苏安琳和我结婚的日子不远了
It won’t be long now before Miss Suellen and I can marry.
生意好到可以结婚了吗
Are you doing as well as all that?
是的 斯佳丽
Yes, I am, Miss Scarlett.
虽然不是百万富翁…
I’m no millionaire yet…
但也有一千元了
but I’ve cleared $1, 000 already.
还有木材
And lumber too.
那…
Well…
那只是副业罢了
that’s only a sideline.
副业 弗兰克
A sideline, Frank?
这里有那么多房♥子要盖…
With all the good Georgia pine around Atlanta…
会用到好松木的
and all this building going on?
所有这些都会赚钱 斯佳丽…
Well, all that takes money, Miss Scarlett…
我已经想好了买♥♥间房♥子
and I’ve got to be thinking about buying a home.
你为了什么买♥♥♥房♥♥子
What do you want a home for?
为苏安琳和我能有个家
For Miss Suellen and me to set up housekeeping.
在亚特兰大吗…
Here in Atlanta. You’d want to bring her…
你要带她到亚特兰大
to Atlanta, wouldn’t you?
那对塔拉庄园也没帮助的
There wouldn’t be much help in that for Tara.
我不明白你的意思 斯佳丽
I don’t rightly know what you mean, Miss Scarlett.
没什么意思
I don’t mean a thing.
你愿意送我到我琵蒂姑妈那吗
Frank, how’d you like to drive me out to my Aunt Pitty’s?
没有比这更荣幸的 斯佳丽
Nothing would give me more pleasure, Miss Scarlett.
你最好留下吃晚饭
You’d better stay to supper, too.
琵蒂姑妈肯定很高兴的…
I’m sure Aunt Pitty’d be agreeable…
我很想你多留一会儿
and I’d like a good long visit with you.
你给我带来很大鼓舞
Oh, you act on me just like a tonic, Miss Scarlett.
你可以告诉我关于…
And will you tell me all the news…
关于苏安琳的事吗
all the news of Miss Suellen?
怎么了 斯佳丽
What’s the matter, Miss Scarlett?
苏安琳没病吧
Miss Suellen’s not ill, is she?
没有 没有
Oh, no, no.
我以为她给你写过信
I thought surely she had written you.
我想她不好意思写吧
I guess she was ashamed to write you.
她应该感到不好意思的
She should be ashamed.
真不好意思有这种妹妹
Oh, how awful to have such a mean sister.
你得告诉我 斯佳丽…
You must tell me, Miss Scarlett…
别让我提心吊胆的
Don’t leave me on tenterhooks.
下个月她就要嫁别人了
Well, she’s going to marry one of the county boys next month.
她等的有点不耐烦了…
She just got tired of waiting…
担心自己嫁不出去…
and was afraid she’d be an old maid and…
不好意思告诉你这些
Oh, I’m sorry to be the one to tell you.
冷起来了 我把保暖套忘在家里了
Oh, it’s colder. I left my muff at home.
你介意我把手放你口袋吗
Would you mind if I put my hand in your pocket?
支票:1866年2月20日
亚特兰大国家银行
见票祈票 乔治亚州税务官三百元整
斯佳丽·奥哈拉·肯尼迪
梅勒妮 你不了解她所做的
But, Melanie, you don’t realize what she’s done.
她嫁给我的肯尼迪了
She’s gone and married my Mr.Kennedy.
他是我的情人 而她却要嫁给他
He’s my beau, and she’s gone and married him.
她那样做是为了拯救塔拉庄园…
She did it to save Tara…
你必须明白这个
you must understand that.
我恨塔拉庄园
I hate Tara!
我恨斯佳丽…
And I hate Scarlett…
她比塔拉庄园更可恨
She’s the only thing I hate worse than Tara.
都是我的错
It’s all my fault.
我该去抢劫…
I should have committed highway robbery…
弄那笔钱
to get that tax money for you.
我不能让你做那种事…
I couldn’t let you do anything like that, and…
反正木己成舟了
Well, anyway, it’s done now.
是的 都已经这样了
Yes, it’s done now.
你没使我不光彩的…
You wouldn’t let me do anything dishonorable…
可你把自己嫁给你不爱的男人
but you’d sell yourself in marriage to a man you didn’t love.
不用再担心我…
Well, at least you won’t have to worry about…
无依无靠的
my helplessness anymore.
你说什么
What do you mean?
我要去纽约
I’m going to New York.
我在那的银行有份工作
I’ve arranged to get a position in a bank there.
但你不能去
But you can’t do that.
我需要你帮我开始木材生意 艾西利
I counted on you to help me start a lumber business, Ashley…
而且我一直在寄望你
and, well, I counted on you.
我对你没什么用处
I wouldn’t be any good to you.
我对木材完全不懂
I don’t know anything about the lumber business.
你对银行业务很清楚
You know as much as you do about banking.
我可以把一半的生意给你
And I’d give you half the business, Ashley.
你太大方了 斯佳丽
That’s generous of you, Scarlett.
但不是那样的
But it isn’t that.
如果我到亚特兰大 又接受你的帮忙…
If I go to Atlanta and take help from you again…
我永远不会独♥立♥的
I’d bury forever any hope of standing alone.
是那回事吗
Oh, is that all?
那你可以慢慢地把生意买♥♥下…
Well, you could gradually buy the business and…
然后那就全部属于你的了…
then it would be your own, and…
不行 斯佳丽
No, Scarlett.
艾西利…
Ashley…
艾西利
Ashley.
斯佳丽
Scarlett!
斯佳丽 怎么了
Scarlett, what is it?
艾西利真坏真可恶
Ashley’s so mean and hateful.
你都做了什么
What have you done?
她要我去亚特兰大
She wanted me to go to Atlanta.
帮我做木材的生意…
To help me start my lumber business…
而他不帮我…
and he won’t lift a finger to help me, and he…
多忘恩负义呀
Why, how unchivalrous of you.
你想想 艾西利
Why, think, Ashley, think.
要不是斯佳丽 我早就死在亚特兰大了
If it hadn’t been for Scarlett, I’d have died in Atlanta.
也许我不应该有喜欢的人
And maybe we wouldn’t have had little Beau, and…
当我想到她摘棉花…
and when I think of her picking cotton…
辛勤的耕作只是为了…
and plowing just to keep food…
为了养活我们 我应该…
in our mouths, I could just…
亲爱的
Oh, my darling.
好了 梅勒妮
All right, Melanie.
我去亚特兰大就是
I’ll go to Atlanta.
我说不过你们两个
I can’t fight you both.
这些是你新来的工人 肯尼迪夫人
Well, here’s your new mill hands, Mrs.Kennedy.
从乔治亚州最好的监狱里挑选的
The pick of all the best jails in Georgia.
他们看起来瘦弱 格拉盖
They look pretty thin and weak to me, Gallegher.
站住
Halt!
他们是能雇到的最好的
They’re the best you can lease, ma’am.
如果你让格拉盖放手去做…
And if you’ll just give Johnny Gallegher a free hand…
你会如愿以偿的
you’ll get what you want out of them.
好吧 你当工头
All right, you’re the foreman.
只有一个要求…
All I ask is…
要准时搬运木材交货
you keep the mill running and deliver my lumber when I want it.
约翰·格拉盖 就是你的了
Johnny Gallegher’s your man, Miss.
但要记住…
But remember…
不要过问 不要干预
no questions and no interference.
那是契约 明早动身 格拉盖
That’s a bargain. Start them in the morning, Gallegher.
快点 快走 快点 去那
Come on, get a move on! Come on, move on there!
斯佳丽 这样是不对的
But, Scarlett, this isn’t right and you know it.
女人做生意就够糟了 还…
It’s bad enough for a woman to be in business, but…
你又在抱怨什么
What are you complaining about?
如果不是我 你会有这家工厂吗
You wouldn’t have owned a mill had I not taken over.
但我们是怎么买♥♥下的…
I didn’t want the mill, and we couldn’t have bought it…
是逼朋友还清…
if you hadn’t pressed all of our friends…
欠我们的钱
for the money they owed me.
是吗 艾西利
Isn’t that right, Ashley?
你在办慈善院吗
What are you running, a charitable institution?
现在回到店里 然后回家去吃药
Go back to the store, then go home and take your medicine.
你看上去不怎么好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!