You certainly are making a fool of yourself.
为什么不可以呢
And why shouldn’t I?
她是第一个完全是我的孩子
She’s the first person who’s ever completely belonged to me.
真是气死我了
Great balls of fire!
孩子是我生的 不是吗
I had the baby, didn’t I?
我是梅勒妮 可以进来吗
It’s Melanie. May I come in?
进来 梅勒妮
Come in, Melly.
看看我女儿美丽的蓝眼
Yes, come in and look at my daughter’s beautiful blue eyes.
但是 巴特勒船长…
But, Captain Butler…
一般刚生下的孩子都是蓝眼
most babies have blue eyes when they’re born.
不要跟他说婴儿的事…
Don’t try to tell him anything…
他什么都知道
He knows everything about babies.
不管怎样 她的眼睛保持蓝色的
Nevertheless, her eyes are blue and they’re going to stay blue.
就跟宝尼蓝一样
As blue as the bonnie blue flag.
对了 我们就叫她那个名字
That’s it. That’s what we’ll call her.
宝尼蓝·巴特勒
Bonnie Blue Butler.
再试一次 保姆
Try again, Mammy.
二十英寸
Twenty inches.
二十英寸 我吨♥位大的跟琵蒂姑妈一样了
Twenty inches! I’ve grown as big as Aunt Pitty.
你一定要做十八尺半的尺寸
You’ve simply got to make it 18 and a half again, Mammy.
你生过孩子了 斯佳丽…
You done had a baby, Miss Scarlett…
而你不会再十八尺半了
and you ain’t never goin’ to be no 18 and a half inches again.
不会了 没有办法的
Never. And there ain’t nothin’ to do about it.
一定有办法的
There is something to do about it!
在我有生之年 我不会变老 变肥的
I’m just not going to get old and fat before my time.
我不再生孩子了
I just won’t have any more babies!
我听瑞德先生说 明年他要个男孩
I heard Mr.Rhett say that he’ll be wantin’ a son next year.
告诉巴特勒先生 我决定不出去
Go tell Captain Butler I’ve decided not to go out after all.
我要在我的房♥里吃饭
I’ll have supper in my room.
我知道你的留话了…
I got your message…
我也要叫他们把我的晚饭送上来
I’ll have them bring my supper up here too.
我希望你不反对吧
No objections to that, I hope?

No.
是的
Yes.
我是说 我不在乎你在哪吃
I mean, I don’t care where you have your supper.
瑞德
Rhett?
是的
Yes?
你知道…
You see…
我决定…
well, I’ve decided…
我不想再生了
well, I hope I don’t have any more children.
我的小乖乖 在宝尼出生前我说过…
My pet, as I told you before Bonnie was born…
你生一个或二十个 对我来说都是没关系的
it’s immaterial to me whether you have one child or 20!
不是 但我…
No, but you know what I…
你明白我的意思吗
Do you know what I mean?
我明白 就这个我可以和你离婚
I do.And do you know I can divorce you for this?
你就会那么想
You’re just low enough to think of something like that!
如果你有任何尊重女性的精神…
If you had any chivalry in you or would be nice like…
或像什么好的 看看艾西利
well, look at Ashley Wilkes!
梅勒妮不能再生 而他…
Melanie can’t have any more children and he…
你今天去过工厂 是吗
You’ve been to the lumber office this afternoon, haven’t you?
那又怎么样
What has that got to do with it?
十足的君子 艾西利 继续说吧 巴特勒太太
Quite the little gentleman, Ashley. Pray go on, Mrs.Butler.
没有用的 你不会明白
It’s no use. You wouldn’t understand.
你知道吗 我为你痛惜 斯佳丽
You know, I’m sorry for you, Scarlett.
为我痛惜
Sorry for me?
是的 我为你痛惜…
Yes, sorry for you because…
因为你把幸福弃之于外…
you’re throwing away happiness with both hands…
而去追寻…
and reaching out for…
不能让你幸福的东西
something that will never make you happy.
我不知道你在讲什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
如果你没结婚而梅勒妮过世…
If you were free and Miss Melly were dead…
你就可以得到你那宝贝的…
and you had your precious…
可敬的艾西利 你想你会幸福吗
honorable Ashley, do you think you’d be happy with him?
你永远不会了解他 永远不会了解他的想法…
You’d never know him, never even understand his mind…
也不会比你更了解任何事 除了钱以外
any more than you understand anything except money.
不介意你这么说 我想了解的是…
Never mind about that! What I want to know is…
你也许保持你的圣洁…
You may keep your sanctity, Scarlett…
但那影响不了我的
It’ll work no hardship on me.
你是说你不在乎了
Do you mean to say you don’t care?
这世界充满着很多人…
The world is full of many things and many people…
我不会寂寞的
and I shan’t be lonely.
我可以在别处找到慰藉
I’ll find comfort elsewhere.
很好 但我事先警告你
Well, that’s fine. But I warn you.
以防你改变主意 我要关门了
Just in case you change your mind, I intend to lock my door.
何必呢 如果我要进来…
Why bother? If I wanted to come in…
没有任何锁锁得住我的
no lock could keep me out!
我知道一般女人很会装…
I always knew that most women were cheats…
而且冷酷
hypocritical and hard.
-但这一个却… -瑞德 没有用的
-But this one… -Rhett, it ain’t no use.
-你是什么意思 -我是说你太爱她了
-What do you mean? -I mean you’re poisoned with her.
无论她做了什么 你还是爱她的
I don’t care what she’s done to you, you’re still in love with her.
别想我愉快的说出来
And don’t think it pleasures me none to say it.
也许吧 但我受够她了
Maybe so! But I’m through with her, I tell you! I’m through.
想想孩子吧…
You gotta think of the child…
她值十个她母亲呢
The child’s worth ten of the mother.
你真是个精明的女人 贝尔…
You’re a shrewd woman, Belle…
而且是个很好的女人
and a very nice one.
是的 瑞德
Yes, Rhett?
我在想你跟斯佳丽的差别…
I was just thinking of the difference between you, and…
你们两个都是…
you’re both hard-headed business women…
精明的生意人
and you’re both successful.
但你有良心 贝尔…
But you’ve got a heart, Belle…
而且你很诚实
and you’re honest.
再见 瑞德
Goodbye, Rhett.
再见 贝尔
Goodbye, Belle.
她会成为一位好骑士
She’ll be a wonderful horsewoman!
看看她的手和她的坐姿
Look at those hands, and that seat!
真讨厌
Oh, fiddle-dee-dee!
我们为何要推婴儿车…
Just why we have to wheel the baby when…
而我们有仆人…
we have a house full of servants…
早上好 玛瑞伟瑟夫人
Good morning, Mrs.Merriwether.
早上好 巴特勒船长
Good morning, Captain Butler.
早上好 斯佳丽
Good morning, Scarlett.
在这些老女人面前出丑
Making fools of ourselves in front of these old buffaloes!
几年前你就该想到你的身份了…
If you’d thought of your position years ago…
那样你就不会这么做
you wouldn’t have to do this.
我们要和本市…
But as it is, we’ll cultivate…
每一位女性卫道者结交
every female dragon of the old guard in this town.
早上好 华丹宁夫人
Good morning, Mrs.Whiting.
早上好 巴特勒船长 早上好 斯佳丽
Good morning, Captain Butler. Good morning, Scarlett.
这位百万富翁暴发户变得可敬了
So the millionaire speculator’s turning respectable!
钱买♥♥不到我为宝尼所要的
All of our money can’t buy what I want for Bonnie.
我自己也有错
Oh, I’ll admit I’ve been at fault, too.
但宝尼将有她的名望的
But Bonnie’s going to have a place among decent people.
是的 即使我们必须…
Yes, even if we both have to…
低头于每一个老太婆
crawl on our bellies to every fat old cat.
早上好 米笛太太
Good morning, Mrs.Meade.
早上好 巴特勒船长 早上好 斯佳丽
Good morning, Captain Butler. Good morning, Scarlett.
玛瑞太太…
Mrs.Merriwether…
我敬仰你的学识
I’ve always had a great regard for your knowledge.
我可以向你讨教吗
I wonder if you could give me some advice.
当然可以 巴特勒船长
Why, certainly, Captain Butler.
宝尼爱吸手指而且停不下来
My Bonnie sucks her thumb. I can’t make her stop it.
不能让她吸 否则她的嘴会难看
You should make her stop it. It’ll ruin the shape of her mouth.
我知道了
I know, I know.
她的嘴巴真漂亮…
She has such a beautiful mouth, too…
我试过把肥皂放在她指甲上
I tried putting soap under her nails.
肥皂 不
Soap! Bah!
把奎宁药搽在她手指上…
Put quinine on her thumb and…
她就不会再吸了
she’ll stop sucking it quick enough.
奎宁 我才不会想到它呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!