Where?
我不想在女士们面前说
I don’t like to say in the presence of ladies.
你最好说
You’d better say.
出来吧 我告诉你
Come out on the porch and I’ll tell you.
大声点 巴特勒先生
Speak out, Captain Butler!
我有权知道我丈夫在哪里
I think I have a right to know where my husband’s been.
夫人 我们去看个好朋友…
Well, ma’am, we dropped in on a friend of mine…
也是上尉的好友
and the captain’s.
贝尔·华丹宁夫人
A Mrs.Belle Watling.
我们打牌 喝香槟 还有…
We played cards, drank champagne and…
现在你说了…
Now, you’ve done it…
你有必要在我夫人面前侮辱我吗
Did you have to show me up in front of my wife?
满意了吧 汤姆
Now I hope you’re satisfied, Tom.
这些女士永远不会…
These ladies won’t be on speaking terms…
原谅她们丈夫
with their husbands tomorrow.
瑞德 我没想法了 我…
Rhett, I had no idea, I…
听我说 你敢发誓…
Look here, will you take an oath that…
他们今晚和你在…
they were with you tonight at…
在贝尔家
at Belle’s?
问贝尔好了 如果你不相信我
Ask Belle, if you don’t believe me. She’ll tell you, Captain.
你愿以绅士保证吗
Will you give me your word as a gentleman?
以一位绅土
As a gentleman?
当然 汤姆
Why certainly, Tom.
好 如果我…
Well, if I…
如果我弄错了 我很抱歉
if I’ve made a mistake, I’m sorry.
原谅我 威尔克斯夫人 我…
I hope you’ll forgive me, Mrs.Wilkes. I…
如果你能离开的话
If you’ll go and leave us in peace, please.
我表示歉意 而且…
Well, I say I’m sorry, and…
我很抱歉
well, I am sorry.
走 军士
Come on, Sergeant.
把门锁上 把窗帘放下
Lock that door. Pull down the shades.
艾西利
Ashley.
没事 只是肩部受伤
It’s all right. It’s only in the shoulder.
把他放在床上 我为他擦药
Get him on the bed where I can dress the wound.
我想我能走
I think I can walk.
别硬撑了 这边吗
It’s not worth the effort. Which way?
这儿
In here.
-保姆 弄一点热水 -是的
-Mammy, I want some hot water. -Yes, sir.
-还有纱布和绷带 -好的 我就去找
-And lint for bandages. -I’ll find some.
有什么我可以用来开刀的…
Now what can I use for a probe
要是我带了箱子就好了
If I only had my bag.
你真的去那里了吗 这看上去像什么
Were you really there? What did it look like?
她有豪华的窗布…
Does she have cut-glass chandeliers, plush curtains…
和镜子吗
and dozens of mirrors?
老天呀 米笛太太 自重点
Good heavens, Mrs.Meade, remember yourself.
现在 巴特勒先生…
And now, Captain Butler…
告诉我发生了什么事
tell me what happened, all that happened.
我去的太迟了
I was too late.
我到那的时候…
When I got to the old Sullivan place…
他们已攻击过贫民区了
there’d already been a skirmish with the Yankees.
威尔克斯受了伤 他和米笛大夫在一起
I found Mr.Wilkes wounded and Dr.Meade was with him.
我得证明…
I had to prove they…
他们在别的地方
had been somewhere, anyplace but where they were.
所以我们去贝尔那里
So I took them to Belle’s.
她就让他们进去了
And she took them in?
她是我的老朋友
She’s by way of being an old friend of mine.
对不起 我…
Oh, I’m sorry. I…
很抱歉我找不到更高贵的在场证人
I’m sorry I couldn’t think up a more dignified alibi.
这不是第一次你救我脱离灾难了…
This isn’t the first time you’ve come between me….
巴特勒先生
and disaster, Captain Butler.
我再也不会怀疑你的方法了
It isn’t likely that I’d question any device of yours.
现在我要帮米笛大夫找点东西
And now, I’ll go and see what Dr.Meade needs.
艾西利
Oh, Ashley!
艾西利
Ashley!
你丈夫怎么了…
Have you no interest in what’s become…
你不关心吗 肯尼迪夫人
of your own husband, Mrs.Kennedy?
弗兰克有没有跟你们去贝尔家
Did Frank go with you to Belle Watling’s?
没有
No.
那么他在哪儿
Well, where is he?
他躺在笛坎特街…
He’s lying out on Decatur Road…
被爆头
shot through the head.
他死了
He’s dead.

Who is it?
是华丹宁
It’s Miss Watlin’.
华丹宁夫人 请进来好吗
Oh, Mrs.Watling! Won’t you come in the house?
不 我不能进去
Oh, no, I couldn’t do that, Miss Wilkes.
你上来跟我坐一会儿
You come in and sit a minute with me.
我真不知道如何感谢你为我们所做的
How can I thank you enough for what you did for us?
怎样才能感谢你呢
How can any of us thank you enough?
我收到你的信…
I got your note sayin’ you was goin’ to…
要来谢我
call on me and thank me.
为什么 你一定是疯了
Why, Miss Wilkes, you must have lost your mind.
我真是不好意思说…
I come up here as soon as it was dark to tell you…
你没必要想那么多的
you mustn’t even think of any such thing.
我是…
Why, I’m…
而你是…
Why, you’re…
那是不妥当的
Well, it wouldn’t be fittin’ at all.
谢谢救我先生性命的女人…
It wouldn’t be fitting to thank a kind woman…
那怎么会不妥呢
who saved my husband’s life?
威尔克斯夫人…
Miss Wilkes, there ain’t never…
在这城市里没有人像你这样对我好
been a lady in this town nice to me like you was.
我是说 我送钱给医院的事情
I mean, about the money for the hospital, you know.
我是不会忘恩的
And I don’t forget a kindness.
想到你就要变成寡妇…
And I got to thinking about you being left a widow…
还有你那小男孩…
with a little boy…
如果威尔克斯先生被绞刑的话…
if Mr.Wilkes got hung…
他是个好孩子
and he’s a nice little boy, your boy is, Miss Wilkes.
我也有一个男孩 因此我…
I got a boy myself and so I…
你有吗 他住…
Oh, you have? Does he live…?
不 他不在亚特兰大
Oh, no, ma’am, he ain’t here in Atlanta.
他从来不在这儿
He ain’t never been here.
他住在学校
He’s off at school.
从小我就没再看到他
I ain’t seen him since he was little.
然而如果是…
Well, anyway, if it had been that…
肯尼迪夫人的先生…
Miss Kennedy’s husband by hisself…
我就不会帮的…
I wouldn’t have lifted a finger to…
不管巴特勒先生怎么说
no matter what Captain Butler said.
她是个非常冷酷的女人
She’s a mighty cold woman.
在亚特兰大神气活现
Prancin’ about Atlanta by herself.
她就跟打死她丈夫一样害死他
She killed her husband same as if she shot him.
你不要批评我的弟妹
You mustn’t say unkind things about my sister-in-law.
请不要让我吃惊 威尔克斯夫人
Please don’t freeze me, Miss Wilkes.
我忘了你多么喜欢她
I forgot how you liked her.
但她跟你不一样…
But she just ain’t in the same class with you…
要是这么想我不得不这样
and I can’t help it if I think so.
无论如何我得走了
Well, anyway, I gotta be going.
如果再逗留…
I’m scared somebody’ll recognize…
人家会认出这部车子的
this carriage if I stayed here any longer.
那不会对你有坏处
That wouldn’t do you no good.
威尔克斯夫人…
And Miss Wilkes…
如果你在外面看到我…
if you ever see me on the street…
你没有必要跟我说
you don’t have to speak to me.
我明白了
I’ll understand.
我将会感到自豪和你谈话的…
I should be proud to speak to you…
受你的恩惠而自豪的
Proud to be under obligation to you.
我希望能再见
I hope we meet again.
不 那不妥当的
Oh, no, ma’am, that wouldn’t be fittin’.
-再见了 威尔克斯夫人 -再见了 华丹宁夫人
-Good night, Miss Wilkes. -Good night, Mrs.Watling.
你错看肯尼迪夫人了
And you’re wrong about Mrs.Kennedy.
她为她丈夫悲伤不止
She’s brokenhearted about her husband.
真火 是瑞德

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!